We're at it again. This time, we're sampling over 15 11 varieties of durians, just in time for durian season.
The aromatic king of fruit has many fans (and a few foes). Durians are much-loved for their fabulous health benefits (they are rich in potassium, vitamins and dietary fibre) and fleshy, creamy texture. The pungent aroma may keep some at bay, but those who do like it, swear by it.
We know you have your favourites; D24, Mao Shan Wang or the good ol' kampung durian? Which is the creamiest, sweetest or most pungent? We'll be going around the island to pick up the various kinds of durian available in the city and sampling them in one go. We'd like to invite you to come along for the pungent ride.
Win a chance to judge the king of fruit at HungryGoWhere's mega durian taste test between 5.30pm to 7pm on Tuesday, 28 May, 2013.
We're inviting FIVE pairs of guests to:
- Sample over 15 varieties of durian and pick their own winners
- Behind-the-scenes view on conducting a HungryGoWhere taste test
- Be part of our behind-the-scenes HungryGoWhere videos
- Judge the durian varieties alongside a panel of food experts, reviewers and HungryGoWhere editors
Answer this question to win:
Which is your favourite variety of durian and where is it available?
[Submit your answers via Facebook Connect in the comments below. Answers must be submitted before 10pm on Sunday, 26 May. Winners will be announced on Monday, 27 May.]
The FIVE best comments will win a chance to judge the durian taste test with us.
Contest has ended
The winners are :
Sri Yusnita Rahim
Jet Ng Zhi Xian
Sue Lynn Tan
Congratulations! We will be contacting our winners shortly. In the unlikely event that our messages fail to reach you send us an email at email@example.com and we will get back to you immediately.
Terms and conditions
- Each winner is entitled to a pair of spots at the event.
- The taste test will be held on 28 May 2013 at a secret location that will be revealed to the winners via email.
- Contest ends on 26 May at 10pm.
- Winners will be notified via Facebook or Twitter
Thank you to everyone who came, tasted and gave us their expert comments. To find out about the city's best (and worst) durian stalls we tasted 11 cultivars to bring you our verdict. Take a look