On 31 May, Singapore will play host to the inaugural World Street Food Congress (WSFC). Street food masters from all over the world, restaurant chefs, and restaurateurs will congregate to celebrate and give accolades to the oft overlooked culinary arts of producing street food. This ten-day event held at the the F1 Pit Building and Paddock aims to celebrate the richness and vibrancy of street food cultures from around the world under one roof.
The event, organised by Makansutra and supported by the Singapore Tourism Board, will house 40 world street food masters from ten countries in one venue. Sample treats like a Vietnamese seafood rice pancakes, an American porchetta burger, a Malaysian mee siam and Singaporean hawker favorites like rojak and cheng tng (Chinese-style light, sweet broth).
Win a pair of tickets to a day long jamboree of feasting on streat eats on 8 June 2013.
The single-entry pass entitles the winner to the following:
- $20 dollars worth of food coupons to sample the street fare,
- Access to masterclasses and presentations by world-renowned chefs
- A chance to enjoy performances by live bands like T'ang Quartet and Rani Singam.
Answer this question to win:
How many world street food masters are coming for the WSFC?
- Facebook and tag HungryGoWhere and WSFC in your comments below, or on your Facebook page.
Eg. "Dear @HungryGoWhere.com, XX world street food masters will be coming for @WSFCongress. Pick me for winner!"
- Or tweet your answers to @HungryGoWhere, and tag #HGWWSFC and #WSFC.
Contest has ended
The winners are :
Tan Tai Lai Jeff
Congratulations! We will be contacting our winners shortly via Facebook and Twitter. If you are one of the winners, please respond with your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org witin 24-hours.
Terms and conditions
- Each winner is entitled to a pair of single-entry passes for entry on 8 June 2013
- The Congress opening hours are 11am-10pm
- Contest ends on 27 May at 5pm