A packet of $1.20 nasi lemak | Photo: Celine Asril
In case you missed it...
- To celebrate their first anniversary, Fleur de Sel is giving away all the proceeds they make on 6 September to the Make a Wish Foundation. Do and eat your part for charity – without torturing your body. You can book a table via HungryGoWhere. Check out the video below for what we ate.
- We stuffed ourselves silly and bought notebooks and cards at Creatory Singapore.
- Generous serving of seafood from Pasta J Asian's spaghetti grilled prawns and squid ($19.90). Here's a video of what we ate.
- One of the reasons why we love Singapore: nasi lemak for $1.20.
- We were pleasantly surprised by the refined French-Italian fare at month-old JBM Coffee Works.
- We were craving for something hot, soupy and steaming, and we found Tsukada Nojo's bijin nabe (beauty pot) to satisfy our cravings. Check out the video below:
- We couldn't make time to travel to Malaysia for kolo mee, so we had to make do with Jia Xiang Sarawak Kuching Kolo Mee's Gold set ($9.90).
- Drinks with a view is what you will get at the 'soon-to-be' open Southbridge at 80 South Bridge Road.
Celine Asril is guilty of taking pictures before tucking into all her meals; it’s a (good) hazard of the job – this editor of HungryGoWhere never sits down to two of the same meals in a week. Need proof? Follow her work twitter feed at @HungryGoWhere.
Priyanka has worked in public relations and marketing for startups of all sizes before climbing off the corporate ladder to write about food and other delicious things. When not battling with HTML, she may be found furiously stirring a pot of curry in her tiny kitchen, shopping online or looking for the next "hot new restaurant".
Victoria Lim has always believed in the power that words have over a person. Her ultimate dream is to rule the world with her words, but for now, she will be conquering the foodie scene, one bite, one word at a time.