Photo: Seasonal baby vegetables served with goats curd, dried black olives and ginger breadcrumbs at Salt Grill & Sky Bar | Priyanka Chand Agarwal
Here's what we ate this week (in case you missed it):
- We spent the afternoon at the Sake Festival organized by Orihara Shoten, and got a sake-ducation of sorts. We tried several varieties of sake, umeshu, Japanese liquors and sake blends.
- On Sunday we worked hard for our dinner. It cost us $18 for the first hour, and a whole lot of effort. See below:
- Mother's Day celebrations arrived in the form of Bakerzin's Tango Bianco cake (serves 8-10 persons, $60). Don't say we aren't looking out for you – there's also a deal when you place your order now.
- What a dream of a restaurant Portico is. Thriving herb planters, a passionate chef, a €40,000 (almost S$70,000) coffee machine and an incredibly good value (and good-tasting) tasting menu. Read on for full details, or watch the video below.
- We had lunch with chef Luke Mangan at his Salt Grill & Sky Bar, he was in town to introduce new, seasonal dishes to the menu.