Photo: Beach Road prawn mee | Celine Asril
Here's what we ate this week (in case you missed it):
- We learnt how to bake and assemble the cakes meant for Operation Smile charity at Ritz Carlton, Millenia Singapore. Watch the video below for the process.
- One hundred per cent organic, hydraulic pressed, nutrient-packed juice by Rejuicenate. Eat (rather, drink) clean, we say.
- Be a dutiful child and win a Sunday brunch for mum to W Singapore's Sunday Remix brunch buffet. See video below for the spread.
- Only in Singapore - breakfast is a massive bowl of Beach Road's jumbo prawn noodles.
- We felt adventurous, so we tried the tom yam seafood rice roll from House of Rice Roll and Porridge.
- There no-mess push pops by Dulce and Sucre at the new Orchard Gateway are a fantastic idea.
- A heart-shaped strawberry shortcake ($30.80) by The Icing Room for the main woman – your mother lah – in your life.
- We almost couldn't recognise 40 Hands with their new look and brunch menu.
- After-work drinks at the newly located Maison Ikkoku bar – shifted from the third to the more spacious second floor.
- Another pretty Berry Chocolate Mother's Day cake ($58) – which we adored – from Cedele.
- This hot new bar with the world's first in-hotel-rickhouse is one to watch:
Priyanka Chand Agarwal has worked in PR and marketing in start-ups of all sizes, while secretly harbouring dreams of becoming a chef and a writer. An avid reader, foodie and fashion eavesdropper, she will travel for a good cup of coffee but these days, she draws the line at mooncakes.
Victoria Lim has always believed in the power words have over one. Her ultimate dream is to rule the world with her words, but for now she will be conquering the foodie scene, one bite, one word at a time.
Celine Asril is guilty of taking pictures before tucking in to all her meals; it’s a [good] hazard of the job – this editor of HungryGoWhere never sits down to two of the same meals in a week. Need proof? Follow her work twitter feed at @HungryGoWhere.