Hogs Bar Restaurant's bacon Benedict | Photo: Celine Asril
In case you missed it...
- Provision store, Tian Kee will be turning into a café, we went snooping.
- We challenged our spice threshold with this 'hidden' find.
- We had breakfast at Hogs Bar Restaurant;for $20 you get a plate of pancakes, homemade chicken nuggets, potato hash, bacon steak and three scrambled eggs.
- We switched jobs for a day. World Wide Fund for Nature organised a cooking class for us to learn how to prepare three dishes with sustainably sourced seafood. Check out our video below:
- We were expecting some meaty, hearty Italian fare, but the food at Carvers & Co. was so much more than that. Also see our video below for what we ate.
- We beat the heat with durian and matcha ice-cream in milk (with two watermelon balls, tee hee!).
- Popped into Tiong Bahru Bakery and were a little disppointed.
- We knew Clarke Quay was happening, but the Unexpected Gourmet pop-op on Read Bridge was something else.
- Desperados by Asia Pacific Breweries is beer flavoured with tequila. What does it taste like? Read on to find out.
Priyanka has worked in PR and marketing for start-ups of all sizes before trading in the corporate ladder for writing about food and other delicious things. When not battling with HTML, she can be found furiously stirring a pot of curry in her tiny kitchen, shopping online or looking for the next ‘hot new restaurant’.
Victoria Lim has always believed in the power words have over one. Her ultimate dream is to rule the world with her words, but for now she will be conquering the foodie scene, one bite, one word at a time.
Celine Asril is guilty of taking pictures before tucking in to all her meals; it’s a [good] hazard of the job – this editor of HungryGoWhere never sits down to two of the same meals in a week. Need proof? Follow her work twitter feed at @HungryGoWhere.