The Lokal's mashed avocado and ricotta sourdough | Photo: Priyanka Chand Agarwal
In case you missed it...
- New bar alert! We checked out the spartan new space called Bar Naked, on Club Street.
- We love nasi lemak, Selera Nasi Lemak at Adam Food Centre is a hot favourite of ours.
- This year's Diner en Blanc was at Tanjong Beach.
- We got our healthy dose of fish oils with the ample and affordable chirashi don ($25) from Chikuwa Tei.
- Sampled the sourdough with mashed avocado, house-made ricotta, pomelo and almonds ($18) at the new cafe, The Lokal.
- Spotted on Rangoon Road: The Old Hen is so new it isn't even open yet.
- We visited Oxwell & Co's rooftop herb garden and saw, smelt and sampled all the basil, nutmeg leaves, lemongrass, pandan and more that go into the cocktails and drinks.
- Ten-ichi fixed our udon cravings with the Yuzu Wasabi Udon ($6.50).
- Tasting a flight of rum, and rum cocktails, with a view that cannot be beat. Thank you Ku De Ta.
Priyanka has worked in public relations and marketing for startups of all sizes before climbing off the corporate ladder to write about food and other delicious things. When not battling with HTML, she may be found furiously stirring a pot of curry in her tiny kitchen, shopping online or looking for the next ‘hot new restaurant’.
Victoria Lim has always believed in the power words have over a person. Her ultimate dream is to rule the world with her words, but for now, she will be conquering the foodie scene, one bite, one word at a time.