Makes a dozen
Baked seafood with cheese-mayo topping are perfect match made in food heaven. I especially love it with shell fish such as green mussels. Green mussels are readily available at the frozen section of many supermarkets. If you really want to pamper your guests, kick it up a notch with fresh oysters on half-shell.
12 green mussels
6 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon chili sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon finely chopped parsley
Some shredded cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Clean and rinse the mussels, pat dry and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
4. Lay the mussels on a tray lined with baking sheet or aluminium foil, top each mussel with about ½ tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture.
5. Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of the mussels.
6. Bake the mussels for 25-30 minutes or until the surface become golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Bee Yinn Low is a professional recipe developer specialising in Asian recipes. She is also the publisher behind the hugely successful and popular Asian recipes site at Rasa Malaysia (http://rasamalaysia.com). Her first cookbook “Easy Chinese Recipes”, a collection of her all-time favourite dishes is now available in major bookstores in Singapore. As a professional recipe developer, Bee works with brands such as Mizkan America, WorldFoods, Betty Crocker, INSING.com, and many Asian-themed restaurants.
Also try out the following two easy party recipes!
A convenient party food that’s really easy to make.
An unforgettable pairing of sweet mango and briny prawns!