Recipe serves 4
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
500g cream cheese
4 medium or 200g eggs
30g yuzu puree
80ml yuzu juice
125ml full cream
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, eggs, cream, yuzu puree and yuzu juice.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until this mixture forms ribbons when you spoon it over the surface of the mixture.
3. Fold cream cheese mixture into eggs mixture; mix well.
4. Pour into desired cake tin. This recipe makes four small cakes or one big cake.
5. Bake the tins in a water bath for 50 to 60 minutes. The water bath level should equal the level of the batter in the tins. The cake is cooked through when the centre of the cake is no longer wobbly.
6. Serve after the cakes have cooled down completely.
Chef-owner of 2am:dessertbar and 2am:lab, Janice Wong, is known for creating desserts that resemble paintings on a plate. She takes making desserts very seriously – serious fun, that is: from pop rocks to fruit leathers (and these are putting her work simply), there is never a dull moment - not when there almost always is a story behind each dish.
Jonathan Sparber is the consulting resident chef at 2am:lab. The former Spice Market London chef approaches each of his projects differently to create a unique and creative experience for the guests and the team.