Summary

Value3
Fried Crab Cake, dark chocolate tart, Brownie, Curry Puff, Prawn and Quail Egg Salad, Scones View all
High Tea, Chillout, Quiet, After Work, Lunch, Buffet, Business Dining, Nice Deco View all

Afternoon tea at 10 Scotts - pure indulgence

The dimly-lit interior was spacious and exquisitely-furnished in rich, refined tones and sleek, classic English furniture. It was comfort at first sight, without being too ostentatious or intimidating in its elegance. The service staff were all pleasant and friendly.   The High Tea concept here is rather interesting - consisting of a short buffet counter and also a two-tiered tray of savoury goodies served to us shortly upon being seated. The buffet counter showcases an array of cakes and other delectable desserts.   Now, this was my starter. The Chocolate Tart was very yummy - soft chocolate crust with hints of crunchiness filled with rich but not-too-sweet ganache - the blackberries atop were like icing on the cake for me. I also enjoyed the Fruit Tart - crunchy crust with a buttery center topped with delicious fruits. Right smack in the middle is the Berries and Fig Brownie - the first bite was a rich wonderment and the last bite left one craving for me - but then I always love combination of chocolate with fruits combination.   The Two-Tiered Tray of savoury delicacies was being served. The Beef Pastrami (that one that is rolled up) - is made up of a nice grainy "crepe" type dough sheet with a sheet of tender beef rolled into it - overall taste was rather flavorful.  The Quiche was pretty normal, but I kind of liked its light soft crust stuffed with fragrant baked cheese.   I liked the Prawn and Quail Egg Salad - too bad they only served one small dish for two to share. I loved the succulent freshness of the prawn and I love quail eggs, so needless to say, this item topped my list for today.   Next on the list, Crab Cake - a very sumptuous pastry with crispy outer skin and a womb bursting wtih real, sweet crab meat. I read that this was one of the better items for the high tea, and it sure met expectations. Sinful and fattening, yes, but these are the main traits of very scrumptious food items, no? My tastebuds agree!   Now we have very freshly-baked scones that were so good they nearly melted in my mouth. We even skipped the jams and creams served with these crumbly pastries and savoured its lightly saccharine flavor instead.   For more detailed information and photos, do visit: http://thearcticstar.blogspot.sg/2014/04/high-tea-at-10-scotts-grand-hyatt-hotel.html

Most helpful reviews for 10 Scotts

High tea on a Saturday

We made a reservation at 3pm, we reached on time and we were made to wait for a whole 20 mins outside the restaurant due to lack of follow up by one of the staffs.

The high tea consists of refillable tea and coffee and when we wanted to have refillls of our tea, we were made to wait for quite sometime before we could get the staff's attention. This was a major disappointment. Right after which, when we asked for a refill, we were told by the staff that the last order for tea was over. My guests and I were dumbfounded as no one told or advise us on last ordering.

Overall, the ambience is lovely for a small gathering and the food portion is quite generous for high tea but I do hope that the service and the guest experience will improve.

After 6 Evening Buffet

For full review and photos, please visit:

Relax and unwind in the evenings at 10 SCOTTS with a 2-Tier Stand + Semi Buffet with Free Flow of Coffee/Tea Selection, Hot & Cold Chocolate, Soft Drinks + Freshly Squeezed Selected Fruit Juices!

The service here was quite good but not warm... The quality of the food here were quite good but don't expect wide variety selection of food as this is a very light semi buffet. A little disappointed in the 2-tier stand as there're nothing much except the crab cake and dim sum worth a refill. So just keep get a refill of those food which are nice and keep having different beverages + enjoy the intimate and romantic ambience - The ambience here was really great for couple! Sometimes it's really nice to pay for the ambience more than the food... :P

The best thing dining at 10 Scotts - All food and beverages are refillable and no restriction on the switch of beverages! If you prefer more selection of food, do go for their weekend high tea at $53++ per person. Visit the high tea page

Obnoxious

My husband decided to take our two little boys who are under 3 and myself to have a lovely afternoon high tea. The minute we walked in there we were seated by this European lady who seemed really obnoxious. She was not friendly at all. She didn't once smiled and she seemed really annoyed with my boys. My boys were a bit loud but then again they are just children. The food is average. A bit dark and very quiet. The staff were nice it was just that European lady who made the whole experience unpleasant. She came across very arrogant. I've been to many other high tea places in Singapore. This one have to be the worst. Think twice before coming here.

Disappointed

Read reviews before heading down and ix our 1st visit. Food is up to standard but not many varieties. Kind of disappointed

Luxurious High Tea set affair with Semi-Buffet!

For full review & photos, please visit:

This place is quite 'atas' so i would suggest that you not dress too casually.  The service here was quite good but not warm... Plates were cleared regularly, food and beverages were served promptly.
The afternoon tea comes in a 2-Tier Stand + Semi Buffet + Free Flow of Coffee, Tea, Iced/Hot chocolate and Freshly Squeezed Fruit Juices!

The best thing about having high tea at 10 Scotts - All food and beverages are refillable and no restriction on the switch of beverages!