211 Roof Terrace Cafe has closed.

Summary

Value3
spaghetti vongole, English Breakfast, 211 Pizza, 4 Cheese Pizza, BBQ Ribs, Baby back ribs, Calamari RIngs, Lamb Cutlet, Seafood Kebab, Tiramisu, nachos, peach ice cream, pizza, seafood risotto, spinach raviolli, steak View all
Quiet, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout, Dinner, After Work, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Romance/First Dates, Breakfast, Brunch, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find, Private Dining, View/Scenery, Boys Night Out, Children/Family, Supper View all

Awful service and overpriced

We went there on a promotion deal on a Saturday evening and I've personally never experienced such a bad service, it was worst than in a food court. Don't expect someone to come to you when you get to the place as no employee would bother seating you or even look at you. When I went to what looks like the most senior waiter (the oldest of the crew) and said we reserved, he seated us on the first table he could see so I've asked if it was possible to seat on the terrace rather than on the side. The answer is of course NO... because it was reserved but turned out that nobody never went to those the tables. The the same guy came to take the order, and looking at his face, you understand that the poor guy was still struggling to understand the most basic thing in his job: smile and being nice to customers...

Anyway, we order a crab salad, a lamb and a lobster ravioli, no sire how to call the guy that took the order but he asked if I wanted everything together and I said yes but it was pointless as nothing arrived at the same time. In fact the lobster ravioli never arrived to our table despite asking 3 times to 3 different people, nobody came back. After the 4th time and 40 minutes and the meal finished, they told me there were no lobster anymore and the guy who took the order wasn't even brave enough or have the courtesy to apologies as he sent one of his colleague. My 10 years old cousin would understand more about smile, courtesy, and customer service than the waiter we had.

At the end of the day, we got charged 87SGD for 2 people; I call this a robbery.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) 211 Roof Terrace Cafe

Not a fan of western cuisine

I'm not a fan of western food but bo bian. Kids wanted it so ended up here over one weekend. Overall, the family enjoyed the food; and as for me, was quite OK.

Just Awful

Lets just say that I created an account just so I could review 211 Rooftop. We had brunch here because it looked like a hidden gem. Sadly disappointed as we paid $20++ for deep fried bacon, over cooked poached eggs and a soggy rosti. On a positive note, the staff are actually responsive and service is good. Pity the food lets the place down.

Serenity amongst the hustle

I've been to 211 twice and both times had been good experiences. The first time was for dinner and the second was for brunch.

View full review & pictures of:
brunch: http://angelinenie.blogspot.sg/2013/02/211-roof-terrace-cafe.html
dinner: http://angelinenie.blogspot.sg/2012/03/19th-monthsary-211-roof-terrace-cafe.html

Overall food:
I'm a huge fan of their nachos. Homemade, crispy, and sinfully worth every cent. I've tried it the first time I went there, fell in love with it and had to have it the second time. And personally I preferred their brunch menu over the dinner ones because they aren't too expensive and good for its pricing. The food I had for dinner are all pretty decent but I've tasted better.

Ambience:
They have an outdoor and indoor area. Personally I love the outdoor area because it's the rooftop! You can see the sky (and hdb buldings surrounding you) and relax after work. Or spend a quiet lazy afternoon in the outdoor area under the shade. I find that the place in the afternoon is quieter than the night.

Still Good...

Had a rare opportunity to eat lunch out with good friend, we went to 211 and order: 1) Salmon Chowder - creamy and flavourful, with chunks of salmon. Nice! 2) Tex Mex Wrap - ok. Not great but not bad. 3) Seafood Marinara - decent serving of pasta with fresh ingredients. Good flavour too.

Best kept secret in Singapore

Club 211 is Singapore's best kept secret, until now ;-) I really go there for the atmosphere. It is quiet, really transports you to a beach side resort. Food is of great value too. Their fries are actually the best in Singapore and I really enjoy their spicy chicken salad.