Mon - Fri: 12:00 - 15:00
Mon - Fri: 17:00 - 00:00
Sat: 15:00 - 00:00
Tucked in between a myriad of shop houses along Kandahar lies a contemporary bar that takes a modern twist to the traditional Spanish cuisine. The bar serves up an extensive spectrum of delish East meets West fusion tapas, pastas and thin crust pizzas, as well as 26 types of shots and cocktails each. Complement savoury delights with the in-house concoctions for the perfect dining experience at 26 Tapas Bar!
If you are looking for a place to chill with nice and affordable tapas + beers, this would be it!Made an reservation online via HGW to secure a table as we heard that it's usually full house on Fridays.
The friendly staff there recommended us some of the MUST-TRY tapas such as: Beer-battered dory cubes, their infamous chicken wings, white wine prawn pasta(I think it's a new dish), croquette, Shepherd's bowl and of course, the STUFFED MUSHROOMS! The ingredient used was fresh and we really enjoyed every dish ordered. As for the drinks, we ordered 3 of their 26 in-house cocktails (I forgot their names) and it's really nice and refreshing as i remembered one with pineapple juice inside. We end our main dishes with a dessert called "Melo-nana" which is actually Nutella based pizza with toasted marshmellow & fresh banana. The name is kind of weird but It was divine.
Great food, genuine service and nice ambience for chill out. It's impossible to say "No" to this place!
They've added laksa ($16.90) and rendang ($15.90) pizzas (you can have them half and half, $21.90) to the menu. We also liked the mushroom caps stuffed with chorizo, bacon and melted cheese ($9.90) starter, and the spud halves (baked potato halves filled with bacon, melted cheese and a mild blue cheese potato salad, $9.90) side.
Visited the restaurant a second time with colleagues and along with the dishes I ordered the last time, I also tried the following:
- Fish in Martini Glass and Flambe: Fish was cut into cubes, sauteed in a pan and placed into a martini glass. Our server came with a shotglass of vodka, lighted the vodka and poured the flambe over the dish. Nice effect, but I didn't really like the alcohol taste over the fish, which would have been better without the visual effect.
- The Little Nonya Pizza: This is the restaurant's take on the peranakan laksa. This pizza had prawns, 'tau pok' (dy bean curd), fish cake and a laksa sauce laden over it. Good!
I like the innovativeness of the restaurant to offer food items that are creative and hope they continue to innovate, so I can continue to enjoy their new creations.
This restaurant has only been open for a couple of months, but going by the number of customers, it sure is popular.
They have a very interesting menu where the dishes has got interesting names, such as: Three Little Pigs, Ugly Duckling and Little Nonya!
I decided to come by with my family to try out their food last weekend, and here are the highlights:
- Crispy Pork with Salsa: Crispy pork belly well roasted and sliced into long pieces. Served atop sautéed onions and rocket leaves and topped with freshly-grounded salt and pepper. This was good - Must-order!
- Har Cheong Kai with home-made sambal: You get the mid section of the chicken wing, that’s marinated in prawn paste and fried. It comes with a dipping bowl of home-made sambal (that’s a grandma’s recipe of the head chef!) It was spicy and good. After polishing off 4 wings with sambal, I could feel the sweat beats at the top of head and neck… It was good.
- Sauteed Mushroom: You get six spoons, each with sautéed sliced mushrooms, and a whole button mushroom topped with cheese and baked. Pop the whole spoonful in your mouth and yums!
- 3 Little Pigs Pizza: Pizza was nice, with bacon, pork belly and …?
- Smoked Duck Pasta: You can choose your type of noodles and sauce for your pasta. For this dish, we had spaghetti with cream sauce. It had decent amount of smoked duck and asparagus tossed in. Nice!
- Crispy Soft Shell Crab Pasta: Alio Olio Spaghetti tossed with cut chilli padi (to give it a slight punch) topped with deep-fried soft shell crab. It was good - Must-order!
Other interesting items I spied were Laksa Pizza, which I will try next time.