Review for 328 Katong Laksa (53 East Coast Road)

3.3

AsianChineseLocalPeranakan
Address: 51 East Coast Road, 428770
19 Oct 2013
Overall

Don't expect anything else except awesome laksa

If you're looking for service, this is not the place. But if you want good laksa, you gotta bear with it.

Full review please click link here. http://www.pepperminter.com/2013/10/328-katong-laksa.html

More reviews of 328 Katong Laksa

328 Katong Laksa – One of the Twin Titans

For the full review and photos please visit http://thehungrygeek.com/2016/01/27/328-katong-laksa-twin-titans/

As you can imagine, this is one of the best two laksas in Singapore. Honestly it is not even close. The key to making this delicious laksa is in the gravy’s coconut milk balance, and the folks over at 328 Katong Laksa have got it down to perfection. This concoction is so good and difficult to make that even Gordan Ramsay was not able to match it. On your first mouthful the laksa fragrance is overwhelming and delicious. The noodles are al dente and the ingredients are fresh, the taste is just perfect.

That said, if you have a choice, head down to their main branch at 216 East Coast Rd instead, it is less crowded and the laksa taste slightly better over there!

Best Laksa in Singapore...not even close

Garbage piece of Laksa. Extremely overrated. The standard of this Laksa is abyssmal. Overpriced and quantity is really laughable. Taste wise, maybe like 15 years ago it was good. Now it's just run by china workers. No offence to the foreigners. But the standard of this stall is abhorrent.

Really wonder why this country glorifies this c*** stall as if there's no other Laksa around in Singapore. This stall does not deserve the plaundits it get.

Overrated.

I use to patronise the stall opposite this 328 laksa but its closed so i tried this one instead. Worst katong laksa i ever eaten. The gravy is so watery and tasteless and its so expensive. Never come back again.

Laksa overpriced. Price not justifiable

My husband ordered 2 packets of laksa from the stall.  When he came back and told me about the price of 1 packet, I was very shocked to learn about the price.  So I tried the laksa.  Nothing special except that they gave more bee hoon that's all.  The portion of ingredients was so miserable with little bit of cockles, few thin slices of fish cake and 2 pieces of tiny prawns and my husband only got 1 pathetic small prawn for his packet.  I used to like the laksa few years ago and I was really disappointed with the quality and quantity of the portion.  Now the laksa is so overpriced and the price does not justify the miserable pathetic portion of the ingredients in the laksa.  I give a thumb down for this so-called famous laksa.

Chased out within 5 minutes

Worse service I have ever experienced. Was chased out within 5 minutes of sitting in the air conditioned indoors section. Was deciding what to order with my boyfriend. A short, pudgy and fair man walked up to us and told us in Mandarin in a rude and confrontational manner, to "wait outside" if we wanted to hang around without ordering as they have "a business to run" and it was "peak hour". My boyfriend pointed out that the restaurant was less than half full and it wasn't even 5 minutes of us being there. He still insisted that we "go outside and wait". He had so much angst in the way he spoke to us, completely ruining a relaxing Sunday evening that we intended to end off with a good meal we both love. We got up and left in a huff and he still could say "ah yes go go out and wait" as we were on our way out. So rude! Like he was on a mission to offend us and get us to leave! Grew up enjoying katong laksa from this outlet but will never go back there again.