Reviews for 328 Katong Laksa (53 East Coast Road)

3.3

AsianChineseLocalPeranakan
Address: 51 East Coast Road, 428770
28 Jan 2016

328 Katong Laksa – One of the Twin Titans

For the full review and photos please visit http://thehungrygeek.com/2016/01/27/328-katong-laksa-twin-titans/

As you can imagine, this is one of the best two laksas in Singapore. Honestly it is not even close. The key to making this delicious laksa is in the gravy’s coconut milk balance, and the folks over at 328 Katong Laksa have got it down to perfection. This concoction is so good and difficult to make that even Gordan Ramsay was not able to match it. On your first mouthful the laksa fragrance is overwhelming and delicious. The noodles are al dente and the ingredients are fresh, the taste is just perfect.

That said, if you have a choice, head down to their main branch at 216 East Coast Rd instead, it is less crowded and the laksa taste slightly better over there!
Katong Laksa

More reviews of 328 Katong Laksa

not worth

Used to patronise this old katong laksa , didn't realise it's been 1 year , so decided to go and try this morning . 1st thing I saw was the old coffee shop is gone and its become an air con place . I ordered the usual laksa and nasi lemak and hot coffee and tea, without looking at the menu. Was told they only sell cold drinks. Was kind of surprise , so told the counter girl that why no hot drinks since pple come for Bfast, an older man (staff) overheard and said its been like that since 1 year . Looking around the rest , I didn't see many pple as compared to the good old days. Then oi decided to check the reviews and all were negative . After tasting the usual laksa (small $5 , large $7 )and nasi lemak ($1.8, just a pc of fish and some Ikan boils) and 2 cold drinks, I have come to a conclusion why there is many pple patronising them. The standard of food has dropped , the service quality too. Gone were the good old katong laksa ! Won't be going back that's for sure .

Bad Service

Went to this Aircond outlet early in the morning with my husband after our walk. The lady staff who took our order was very rude with bad attitude! Was intending to pack at least 20 pkts for my siblings and families, after getting such service, we left and tell ourselves never step in again!
Overall

The parent outlet that is worse than its franchisee

I decided to try this place after discovering that the Laksa joint across the street was closed.

Big mistake. I had previously visited 328 Laksa at United Square a few days earlier and found the food quite delicious.

The laksa served at this parent store, however, seems to be lackluster for some reasons and they don't even bother to provide chilli toppings or extra laksa leaves. No chopsticks were available for those who prefer them to spoon (I know they snipped the noodles). The otah i ordered was cold and bland as well.

I can tell just by looking at the bowl that the staffs did not spend much effort preparing the laksa.

Would recommend the United Sq outlet (probably a franchise) any time over this one.
Overall

Worst service attitude staff! Food standard had dropped so much!

The staff are indeed very rude. I was told by one if the staff wearing an apron rudely that I was not allowed to change the table even though there were only 3 customers in the whole shop incuding me. I still change my table anyway.  Then when my laksa was served on another table I told the PRC staff who served it that  I had changed my table. Not only did he not bring my laksa to me he told me rudely that he follow the first table number on the order and just left my bowl of laksa on that table.It was then afterwards when I was going to bring my laksa over that another staff help to bring it to my table. After this incident , I will never go back there again.

Terrible Experience

I brought 6 of us including 3 children to 328 Katong Laksa at 53 east coast road. We were waiting for a free table inside the air-conditioned seating area when a short but stout male cleaner with tattoos all over yelled at the women and children saying to wait outside and next time better don't come and eat again!! As I brought an overseas relative to taste the local delight, I felt extremely insulted. The laksa is actually nothing to rave about and the service, hygiene and ambience is horrible. This is the first time and the last time.