Reviews for 328 Katong Laksa (53 East Coast Road)

3.3

AsianChineseLocalPeranakan
Address: 51 East Coast Road, 428770
28 Jan 2016

328 Katong Laksa – One of the Twin Titans

For the full review and photos please visit http://thehungrygeek.com/2016/01/27/328-katong-laksa-twin-titans/

As you can imagine, this is one of the best two laksas in Singapore. Honestly it is not even close. The key to making this delicious laksa is in the gravy’s coconut milk balance, and the folks over at 328 Katong Laksa have got it down to perfection. This concoction is so good and difficult to make that even Gordan Ramsay was not able to match it. On your first mouthful the laksa fragrance is overwhelming and delicious. The noodles are al dente and the ingredients are fresh, the taste is just perfect.

That said, if you have a choice, head down to their main branch at 216 East Coast Rd instead, it is less crowded and the laksa taste slightly better over there!
Katong Laksa

More reviews of 328 Katong Laksa

Terrible Experience

I brought 6 of us including 3 children to 328 Katong Laksa at 53 east coast road. We were waiting for a free table inside the air-conditioned seating area when a short but stout male cleaner with tattoos all over yelled at the women and children saying to wait outside and next time better don't come and eat again!! As I brought an overseas relative to taste the local delight, I felt extremely insulted. The laksa is actually nothing to rave about and the service, hygiene and ambience is horrible. This is the first time and the last time.

Terrible Experience

Overall

They have the worst customer service attitude. I think the staff is out to chase customers away!!

They have the worst service attiude!! Clearly, they are not interested in customers. I am not even sure that this is the best laksa in Singapore! How can food be pleasant and delicious when you were just insulted by the staff? I am sure that the owner knows about this since the staff challenges you to complain. Perhaps, the owner have an effective strategy to close down their business!!

worst service.

Food: 8/10 Service and attitude: 2/10 Price: 2/10 Ambience: 1/10   Being forced to buy $5 for each roasted pork and char siew. Cashier criticised my mandarin. Overall might not return.  As we are there to enjoy eating laksa and not there facing lousy attitude.

DON'T BE FOOLED BY ITS REPUTATION

For the ignorant people who do not grasp the beauty of laksa, this might be a good laksa to you. But how clueless can you be. Standard has dropped abysmally yet accompanied by rising prices and smaller portions. What a joke that this place serves such laksa nowadays.