Reviews for 328 Katong Laksa (53 East Coast Road)

3.3

AsianChineseLocalPeranakan
Address: 51 East Coast Road, 428770
28 Jan 2016

328 Katong Laksa – One of the Twin Titans

For the full review and photos please visit http://thehungrygeek.com/2016/01/27/328-katong-laksa-twin-titans/

As you can imagine, this is one of the best two laksas in Singapore. Honestly it is not even close. The key to making this delicious laksa is in the gravy’s coconut milk balance, and the folks over at 328 Katong Laksa have got it down to perfection. This concoction is so good and difficult to make that even Gordan Ramsay was not able to match it. On your first mouthful the laksa fragrance is overwhelming and delicious. The noodles are al dente and the ingredients are fresh, the taste is just perfect.

That said, if you have a choice, head down to their main branch at 216 East Coast Rd instead, it is less crowded and the laksa taste slightly better over there!
Katong Laksa

More reviews of 328 Katong Laksa

Great Laksa in Singapore

I'm not really a Laksa fan, but you still got to try this Katong Laksa. The soup base, chili and noodles makes the whole thing delicious.

Best ever!

Singapore Laksa is my all-time fave dish so I am very critical when it comes to how well it's done. Having sampled it at many different locations (even outside Singapore), I have yet to come across a version better than Katong Laksa's. It's 'lemak' to the right degree, and has the perfect mix of sweet and savoury with all the ingredients spot-on, right down to the cockles. =)

Childhood favourite... still is 11 years on

I go to the church really near Katong Laksa and have been since I was 6. Always passing by the place, I never really bothered to try it until one day (& age 11) my dad decided that we would all eat there after church. I hated spicy stuff back then and was reluctant, but my first sip then has made me return countless times again and again. Fast forward 11 years into the present; the same thing still attracts me, the fragant broth, how the noodles are already cut up for you, the fresh fishcakes and fragant Laksa Leaves + the blachan that you can add to spice it up!

This is my hawker hero. Has been for years.

Deli-cious

This Katong Laksa the most AUTHENTIC laksa that i have tasted. The fresh aroma that surrounds one's scent. I love the Laksa Soup which is really tasty and flavourful with the right amount of ingredients such as coconut and spices. It's just perfect. Although i wish they added more cockles XD. Anyways its also a worthy opponent against gordon ramsay. At the same time this is one of a MUSTY TRY local dish. Highly RECOMMENDED~

The Best Chain Laksa in Singapore

More lemak than other versions, this iconic Katong style is creamy, delicately flavourful and yet perfectly balanced. Lots of depth to this dish, don't forget the cockles for that extra umami bite!