Reviews for 3 Inch Sin

DessertsWestern
Bearytedd

Little molten sin

Visit the link for pictures: http://fun-hideout.blogspot.sg/2013/05/3-inch-sin.html

Since it was our first time here, we decided on the 3 mini platter ($7) for the variety and paired it off with a scoop of ice-cream ($3). We opted for the "safe" flavour - hazelnut, peanut butter and white chocolate.   The molten cakes tasted alright but not impressive to me.  Maybe my expectation was too high but I thought since this place specialises in molten cakes, then it has to be the best to be sustainable. The taste should be one that everyone will think of this place if they want molten chocolate mah..  Somehow, it tasted the same just like those selling in the other cafes. *Shrugged*   On a good side, the size of molten cakes are just nice to enjoy the flavour, yet not too sinful. Great for ladies out there!
24 May 2013 • 153 reviews • 11 followers

Little molten sin

menu
31 Jul 2012 • 23 reviews • 20 followers

Fantastic molten lava cakes

(For a full review with more pictures, see: http://thehungrygeographer.blogspot.sg/2012/07/3-inch-sin.html)

Popped by 3 Inch Sin for dessert, and tried two dishes.

(1) Hazelnut Molten Lava Cake

This was absolutely fantastic. The warm, rich, intense melt-in-your-mouth lava was to die for. Though it was a tad too sweet (do share it with someone instead of getting one on your own), this is still definitely worth ordering!

(2) Chamomile Dream Tea

Pretty good complement with the Hazelnut Molten Lava Cake, since it took away some of the sweetness.

Would definitely pop by to try some of their pizzas, sausages and coffee another time.

20 Jul 2012 • 42 reviews • 4 followers

more than 10 exciting molten flavours

Visit www.CelestialDelish.com for full review and more photos.

- The Shop

The shop offers more than 10 molten chocolate cakes with interesting flavours like Cherries Jubilee, White Chocolate, Bitter Orange, Raspberry, Peanut Butter, Lemon etc.

The small and casual L-shaped cafe & dessert bar has about 10-12 seats by the side, and 2 long tables right at the end.

They also have ice cream to pair with your cake and other pastries like muffin, scones etc

- The Food

Ice Chocolate @ $5.50

This indulgent drink served with thick dark chocolate sauce and topped with coco powder. The chocolate sauce did add fragrance to the drink, but coming from a super chocolate lover point of view, this drink isn't obscenely rich, but the sweetness was just right.

Original Molten Cake (70% dark chocolate) @ $6.50

The cake was soft, moist and not too sweet. Valrhona chocolate was rich and luscious. The center was thick and sticky, it will be utter satisfying if the centre was more ooey-gooey.

Cherries Jubilee (alcohol) @ $7.50

Same type of chocolate as the Original, except there were whole cherries in the molten cake.

I likes the distinct kick of alcohol in the cherries and the subtle cherry sweetness, however the centre was too creamy and thick. Personally, I will prefer a liquid lusciously melted centre oozes out of the warm cake (like molten chocolate cake from Pietro Ristorante Italiano!).

- My Opinion

I stumble upon DanielFoodDiary post on this cafe sometime back and decided to bring Lena (also a chocolate lover) to try the Baileys Premium Molten Cake and Royal Chocolate Cake.

We went there with excitement but was filled with disappointment as both items was not available for the day! We were curious why the highly raved cakes are not available on a daily base. The staff said they don't prepare all types of cakes everyday to prevent wastage as customers don't buy them everyday and we just have to try our luck because she don't know which day it will be available.

Feeling even more disappointed, we walk away to look around for other cafe. But after awhile Lena decided to try the Original molten cake because she can't stop thinking of the oozing chocolate. This time a different staff was on duty and we asked why the Baileys molten cake and Royal chocolate cake was not available, and she said it was sold out.

We were there around 3.30pm, so which staff is proving the correct info? I think it's best that you call before heading down to avoid disappointment.