Summary

people found this review useful

Most helpful reviews for 58 Prawn Noodle . Minced Meat Noodle

Hidden gem in coffeeshop! Must try!

Full review and photos: http://foodiefc.blogspot.com/2012/04/58-prawn-noodles-minced-meat-noodle.html

58 Prawn Noodles, Minced Meat Noodle is located along Bedok Reservoir Road under Blk 704 at See Beh Ho Eating House. What a name for a coffeeshop! See Beh Ho a Hokkien dialect means 'Very good'.

The stall owners are very sensitive to the camera!

They sell just 2 items; Prawn Noodle and Minced Meat Noodle (Bak Chor Mee). I have no idea what is nice at this coffeeshop, but a quick observation shows that most people order from this stall. Hence, I decided to order from this stall.

I waited at least 15minutes before my Minced Meat Noodle (Bak Chor Mee) was served. The good news is that all you need to do is order and go back to your seat and wait for it to be delivered to you.

Lets start off with the noodles shall we? I ordered Mee Kia (thin noodle). It arrived topped with a very generous amount of crispy deep fried shallots. The Mee Kia was well cooked and springy. The chilli sauce and the shallots complemented the noodles adding on an extra oomph to the taste.

This bowl of soup is a star dish on its own. The taste of it reminds me of the soup from Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle. I have no idea what they used to cook this bowl of soup, but was visible was minced pork, dumplings, spring onions, fried shallots and fried garlic. The soup was so tasty that I drank all of it and did not feel thirsty after that.

I must also highlight two other ingredients in the soup. The minced meat was super soft! Yes, soft! How can it be right? The dumplings are unique too.

To sum this up, I am very impressed by this the Minced Meat Noodle I had. I like everything that I ate, from the noodle, the sauce, the minced meat to the soup. This type of Minced Meat Noodle is vastly different from the Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle's Bak Chor Mee. Hence, I will not compare it.

Try this place out when you are in the area and let me know what you think.