Wagyu beef cappacio6 votes

Large Groups3 votes

Fivemeals
 • 17 May 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall

I had the most appalling experience at 7 Adam this morning. I had successfully placed a reservation for 7 to celebrate my birthday over brunch at 7 Adam at 11am, which was the stated opening hour on the restaurant's Fb, amongst other websites. I have a revs code and email.

Upon arriving at 11.10am, we were puzzled by the 'Closed' signage hanging on an opened gate, a visible dark restaurant with tables still in upturned position and the front glass door locked. The restaurant was clearly not ready for receiving patrons for weekend lunch. I called hungrygowhere to double check and was told that the restaurant opens at 11am. Meanwhile, some cars which have arrived had turned and left, presumably feeling as quizzical as we were. About 15 minutes had ensued when a uniformed staff appeared at the main door of the restaurant. We asked her if it opens at 11am and she said no it opened at 11.30am and if we wanted, she would open the front door. We were astonished because we had made a reservation for 11am and she seemed to suggest that we had made a mistake, the restaurant will remain closed unless we wanted to enter. Her tone was one of disinterest.

Considering that we have with us a hungry 10 month old baby and a 2 year old toddler, we decided that it was unwise to enter and wait indefinitely for the tables to be set, kitchen to be set up before our ours could be taken and served. We left disappointed. Besides my birthday celebration, I was considering 7 Adam as a potential venue for my daughter's one year old celebration. Indeed, the art pieces energized the previous guild house with a warm vibe and a buzz. However, the bewildering lack of professionalism and explanation on the part of 7 Adam points to its undependability and lack of grace,  thereby skidding my enthusiasm for the place to a halt, even before I could sample the dishes

Maggie Leonhardt
 • 28 Apr 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Amazing Food and Experience... I was craving red meat, so when I received my meal, it was practically melting in my mouth and of course I had to pair it with a glass of red wine, I asked my server what they would suggest as a good pair and they were right it was superb... I'm from NYC so I'm pretty hard to please but when I went to 7adam I was feeling right at home... I know this is kind of petty but seriously the decor of this place is so cool! with all the art everywhere and the outside patio with live music. I loved my experience here!

Must tries: Wagyu beef cappacio

After Work, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Anniversary, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Breakfast, Brunch, Business Breakfast, Business Dining, Children/Family, Chillout, Corporate Events, Dinner, Festivals, Fine Dining, Formal Events, Girls Night Out, Graduation, Healthy Eating, Hidden Find, High Tea, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Live Band, Lunch, Nice Deco, Night Out, Parties, People Watching, Premier League Screening, Private Dining, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates, Trendy, View/Scenery, Weddings, Wheelchair Friendly, Wine Lists

discombobulatedtriffids
 • 16 Mar 2014 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Having read several reviews on 7Adam, I decided to give it a shot during Restaurant Week. Arguably, $35++ is a reasonable price for a three-course meal, and I tempered my expectations as I understood that some aspects of the quality of the dishes would have to be compromised upon for economical reasons. Unfortunately, even with my lowered expectations, the meal failed to impress and displayed anything but creativity.

The first course was a pan-seared Hokkaido Scallop on Mesclun Salad tossed with Ponzu Dressing. The pan-seared scallops were not crisp enough on the surface and could have been more tender on the inside. In addition, the ponzu dressing was salty and lacked any depth nor dimension to it.

The second course was a choice of Guinness Beef Ragout or Pan-seared Seabass. The food was at room temperature and the beef ragout was slightly tough. Presentation-wise, there was nothing special about the dish. The only redeeming factor would have been the gravy, which consisted of a slightly sour tang.

Next up was a soup which was overly oily. The last item on the menu - also the most disappointing - was the dessert, which was black glutinous rice served with coconut milk (pulut hitam). In my opinion, this not only reflected a lack of creativity on the restaurant's part, but also bespoke of its laziness in the way it did not bother to concoct up something interesting (especially given that this was Restaurant Week).

All in all, the meal was a forgettable one, and the standard of the food makes me wonder whether 7Adam truly deserves a spot on the list of Restaurant Week establishments.