Lamb rack5 votes

View/Scenery3 votes

discombobulatedtriffids
 • 16 Mar 2014 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Having read several reviews on 7Adam, I decided to give it a shot during Restaurant Week. Arguably, $35++ is a reasonable price for a three-course meal, and I tempered my expectations as I understood that some aspects of the quality of the dishes would have to be compromised upon for economical reasons. Unfortunately, even with my lowered expectations, the meal failed to impress and displayed anything but creativity.

The first course was a pan-seared Hokkaido Scallop on Mesclun Salad tossed with Ponzu Dressing. The pan-seared scallops were not crisp enough on the surface and could have been more tender on the inside. In addition, the ponzu dressing was salty and lacked any depth nor dimension to it.

The second course was a choice of Guinness Beef Ragout or Pan-seared Seabass. The food was at room temperature and the beef ragout was slightly tough. Presentation-wise, there was nothing special about the dish. The only redeeming factor would have been the gravy, which consisted of a slightly sour tang.

Next up was a soup which was overly oily. The last item on the menu - also the most disappointing - was the dessert, which was black glutinous rice served with coconut milk (pulut hitam). In my opinion, this not only reflected a lack of creativity on the restaurant's part, but also bespoke of its laziness in the way it did not bother to concoct up something interesting (especially given that this was Restaurant Week).

All in all, the meal was a forgettable one, and the standard of the food makes me wonder whether 7Adam truly deserves a spot on the list of Restaurant Week establishments.

Hoongy !
 • 05 Feb 2014 1734 reviews 244 followers
Overall
Located off Adam Road, 7 Adam is a nice hidden find at the NUS Alumni building that offers western fare at a reasonable price.

From starters of pumpkin soup to seared scallops, prepare yourself for a hearty yet not too heavy main course with the meats. Chef does a good job with the medium rare beef, but the dish that stands out is his lamb rack, which has a good marnation of spices as well as being tender throughout the slice.

For dessert, try the poached pear. With a tinge of alcohol, it is a pleasant way to end the meal. Also, with such a rustic setting, it is natural to want to spend the afternoon having a sip of wine, as the drink would take one away from the hustle and bustle of life.

Must tries: Wagyu beef cappacio, Lamb rack

Ala Carte, Birthdays, Business Dining, Chillout, Corporate Events, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find, Large Groups, Lunch

pickledpeas
 • 19 Dec 2013 94 reviews 3 followers
Overall
See the full review with pictures here.

We took advantage of the set lunch advertised on chope here one day because as fresh grads we’re practically destitute and can’t afford dinner here. Besides like I always say, lunch sets are a good/cheap way to get a sneak preview of what a restaurant can do and decide whether you want to come back for dinner. 7Adam is a restaurant on a hill along Adam Road that doubles up as an art gallery as well.

The Chope lunch set was something like $28++ or $25++, can’t remember, and had
1) Some red pepper veloute which was pretty novel for me, and delicious to boot.
2a) Grilled trout (J asked: What’s the difference between trout and salmon? This looks and tastes exactly like salmon.)
The skin was beautifully done and the flesh flaked apart neatly but was a tad overcooked and underseasoned.
2b) You could also opt for the Cajun chicken like I did: It was delicious and marinated all the way through. Served with some nice grilled vegetables.
3a) For dessert I had the chocolate lava cake. It’s served with vanilla ice cream, some kind of honeycomb gelee and caramel sauce. I liked it quite a bit.
3b) Or you could opt for their soy panna cotta which is a bit of a glorified dao hui. I mean it has the same texture as a regular panna cotta, but tastes of soy and comes with a lovely berry compote.

Well the food was generally average I think (as is the art in this place), for the price range. I’m glad I tried it, but I would much prefer to go to the University Club, which does consistently good food at better prices.