pickledpeas
 • 19 Dec 2013 119 reviews 5 followers
Overall
See the full review with pictures here.

We took advantage of the set lunch advertised on chope here one day because as fresh grads we’re practically destitute and can’t afford dinner here. Besides like I always say, lunch sets are a good/cheap way to get a sneak preview of what a restaurant can do and decide whether you want to come back for dinner. 7Adam is a restaurant on a hill along Adam Road that doubles up as an art gallery as well.

The Chope lunch set was something like $28++ or $25++, can’t remember, and had
1) Some red pepper veloute which was pretty novel for me, and delicious to boot.
2a) Grilled trout (J asked: What’s the difference between trout and salmon? This looks and tastes exactly like salmon.)
The skin was beautifully done and the flesh flaked apart neatly but was a tad overcooked and underseasoned.
2b) You could also opt for the Cajun chicken like I did: It was delicious and marinated all the way through. Served with some nice grilled vegetables.
3a) For dessert I had the chocolate lava cake. It’s served with vanilla ice cream, some kind of honeycomb gelee and caramel sauce. I liked it quite a bit.
3b) Or you could opt for their soy panna cotta which is a bit of a glorified dao hui. I mean it has the same texture as a regular panna cotta, but tastes of soy and comes with a lovely berry compote.

Well the food was generally average I think (as is the art in this place), for the price range. I’m glad I tried it, but I would much prefer to go to the University Club, which does consistently good food at better prices.