Back to Alfero Artisan Gelato#02-226A/226B, Marina Square Shopping...

pistacchio3 votes
Take Away6 votes
Cheap Eat/Budget3 votes

Wee Jinwen
 • 13 Dec 2013 15 reviews 0 follower
Overall
CHECK OUT http://www.fudgementday.wordpress.com FOR PHOTOS AND A FULL REVIEW! :-)

My friends and I ordered a waffle with three scoops of ice-cream. At first, the man working there apologetically told us that there were no more waffles for the day, but after hearing our cries of dismay and disappointed faces, he quickly quipped that he could still check if there was enough batter for one last waffle. Lo and behold, there was! So, greedy us got the last waffle and ate it with scoops of Pistachio, Hazelnut and Snow White flavour gelatos.

Having the last waffle was seriously one of the best things that happened that day. The entire café smelt of aromatic waffles from previous batches of waffles that it would almost be a torture to have to eat gelatos in without the waffles. The waffle was crisp on the outside and extremely soft and, though it may sound cliché, but fluffy on the inside. All three of us loved it and devoured every cube of waffle and every scoop of gelato in silence. Words were insufficient to express the bliss we were enjoying. The hazelnut gelato (my choice, of course) was absolutely brilliant. I adore hazelnut-flavoured foods and hazelnut gelato is one of the best creations ever. The pistachio and Snow White were not bad as well, though I felt that the Snow White was a bit too creamy for my liking! The waffle, however...words are just inadequate to describe it.

To be honest, my previous encounter with Alfero Gelato was when it was newly opened and they offered a 1-for-1 promotion on their gelatos, as well as one free scoop of gelato. I was not very impressed and found the gelatos a bit too overpriced. It costs $4.50 per scoop, but with the waffle and three scoops of gelato, the damage was only $12, as $0.50 was added for the premium flavour (Pistachio). I would say that is is worth the money, as Udders offers waffles with only two scoops of ice-cream for $10.50, and Udders' ice-cream cannot compare to gelato.

Also, I've patronized Alfero multiple times, and the standard has been consistently good. Do give it a try! You would not regret it.

Must tries: pistacchio, green tea, bacio

Irvin Wan
 • 23 Jul 2012 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
excellent gelato, pricing, service, and ambience.

generous scoops, including for tasting, staff actively offers tastings. quiet and private enough to have had heart-to-heart chats and a round of board games :)

if you get the 500g/1kg pints (recommended), you can have up to 3 different flavours instead of only 1 (fantastic option!)

Cheap Eat/Budget, Quiet, Hidden Find

Word Thewordfo
 • 17 Jun 2012 45 reviews 0 follower
ALFERO ARTISAN GELATO

We discovered Alfero Artisan Gelato quite sometime ago – it’s a gem of a place, quiet and conducive for having a cuppa or enjoying gelato. Housed at one corner of Marina Square, the gelato is quite simply, the best gelato I’ve eaten in Singapore – creamy, delish and consistent.

I know some people like Gelateria Italia (now at Plaza Singapura and Bugis +) but the texture of the gelato is so chewy that it doesn’t even taste like gelato. I love that the gelato is kept covered inside tins to preserve its quality.

Visit Alfero – where the gelato is quite simply the best.

Supper, Take Away, Romance/First Dates, Girls Night Out, After Work, Chillout, Quiet, Hidden Find, Wheelchair Friendly, High Tea