Alfero Artisan Gelato has closed.

(Closed) Alfero Artisan Gelato (Marina Square)

Summary

pistacchio, bacio, dark chocolate, green tea, durian View all
After Work, Take Away, Chillout, Quiet, Hidden Find, Cheap Eat/Budget, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, Romance/First Dates View all

great gelato, but too pricey

For those that like bitter durian, this is the place to go.

Chocolate wasn't fantastic, I suggest walking a bit further to Tom's Palette at the nearby Shaw Towers for better value.

Service was so-so, albeit too short-handed. I went at 3.45pm on a Friday afternoon and there was no one visible at the counter. Apparently they had some promotion, I overheard a Caucasian couple asking about it, only to be disappointed by the staff saying that the promotion was only at/until 3.30pm.

Other than that, the prices aren't too attractive, for such a limited selection of flavours. The bacio flavour (the staff said it was hazelnut plus milk chocolate or something) simply wasn't spectacular. The coffee gelato was too strong for me.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Alfero Artisan Gelato (Marina Square)

Lovely Gelato!

Loved the gelato here, really delicious!

Read my review, complete with photos: http://jankliciouz.blogspot.sg/2015/04/alfero-artisan-gelato-invited-tasting.html

Great gelato

Gelato or ice-cream is definitely an instant fix for blistering hot days! This branch of Artisan Alfero Gelato tucked away on 81 MacPherson Lane is also where their ice-cream is created and manufactured for the rest of their other branches (Lorong Kilat & Marina Square). This outlet is quite out-of-the-way. The nearest MRT station is Tai Seng (about 300m walk), or you can take these buses: 8, 62, 90, 151.    The ice-cream at Alfero is different, even if it has it labelled as a flavour that seemed rather universal. You've got to taste it for yourself to know it, and I will try my best to describe it. There's chocolate, mango, durian, blueberry/strawberry cheesecake, pistachio, raspberry, bacio (hazelnut + choc), snow white (milk) and more!    The ice-cream is kept insulated with their special double-layered metallic casings instead of being exposed like most ice-cream parlours. The list of flavours I tried and verdict: Pistachio - rich pistachio flavour that might seemed overpowering at first but surprisingly, tapers off lightly.   Snow White - supposedly milk but it is almost tasteless.  Bacio - a great balance between hazelnut and chocolate, a must-order for every chocolate-lover Mango - my favourite flavour so I'm going to biased to say it's good and refreshing. A little faint, and quite different from what I've eaten before. It's a lot lighter.  Blueberry Cheesecake/Raspberry - sour >_<!!!  Strawberry Cheesecake - a sweet concoction that could include more of the cheesecake element.  Durian - Definitely a favourite. It turned me into some durian ice-cream addict! I just couldn't get enough of it. As compared to Tom's Palette/ Udders durian flavour, Alfero Gelato does this way better. The durian taste is not too powerful, and swirled within the ice-cream in an enjoyable proportion.    If you're coming in as a group of four, recommended to order a tub (3 flavours) for $18. $4.50 each and you can eat your fill! :)

For full review and photos: http://spherepiece.blogspot.sg/2013/04/food-feat-artisan-alfero-gelato.html

Best gelato ever

CHECK OUT http://www.fudgementday.wordpress.com FOR PHOTOS AND A FULL REVIEW! :-)

My friends and I ordered a waffle with three scoops of ice-cream. At first, the man working there apologetically told us that there were no more waffles for the day, but after hearing our cries of dismay and disappointed faces, he quickly quipped that he could still check if there was enough batter for one last waffle. Lo and behold, there was! So, greedy us got the last waffle and ate it with scoops of Pistachio, Hazelnut and Snow White flavour gelatos.

Having the last waffle was seriously one of the best things that happened that day. The entire café smelt of aromatic waffles from previous batches of waffles that it would almost be a torture to have to eat gelatos in without the waffles. The waffle was crisp on the outside and extremely soft and, though it may sound cliché, but fluffy on the inside. All three of us loved it and devoured every cube of waffle and every scoop of gelato in silence. Words were insufficient to express the bliss we were enjoying. The hazelnut gelato (my choice, of course) was absolutely brilliant. I adore hazelnut-flavoured foods and hazelnut gelato is one of the best creations ever. The pistachio and Snow White were not bad as well, though I felt that the Snow White was a bit too creamy for my liking! The waffle, however...words are just inadequate to describe it.

To be honest, my previous encounter with Alfero Gelato was when it was newly opened and they offered a 1-for-1 promotion on their gelatos, as well as one free scoop of gelato. I was not very impressed and found the gelatos a bit too overpriced. It costs $4.50 per scoop, but with the waffle and three scoops of gelato, the damage was only $12, as $0.50 was added for the premium flavour (Pistachio). I would say that is is worth the money, as Udders offers waffles with only two scoops of ice-cream for $10.50, and Udders' ice-cream cannot compare to gelato.

Also, I've patronized Alfero multiple times, and the standard has been consistently good. Do give it a try! You would not regret it.

FANTASTIC

excellent gelato, pricing, service, and ambience.

generous scoops, including for tasting, staff actively offers tastings. quiet and private enough to have had heart-to-heart chats and a round of board games :)

if you get the 500g/1kg pints (recommended), you can have up to 3 different flavours instead of only 1 (fantastic option!)

Best gelato in Singapore - www.foodfashionfodder.com

ALFERO ARTISAN GELATO

We discovered Alfero Artisan Gelato quite sometime ago – it’s a gem of a place, quiet and conducive for having a cuppa or enjoying gelato. Housed at one corner of Marina Square, the gelato is quite simply, the best gelato I’ve eaten in Singapore – creamy, delish and consistent.

I know some people like Gelateria Italia (now at Plaza Singapura and Bugis +) but the texture of the gelato is so chewy that it doesn’t even taste like gelato. I love that the gelato is kept covered inside tins to preserve its quality.

Visit Alfero – where the gelato is quite simply the best.