Reviews for Alkaff Mansion Ristorante

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Post-Invited Tasting Revisit

For the full review, please see http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com

We returned for a revisit, unfortunately, right dab smack in the middle of Restaurant Week, so the restaurant was swarming with diners. Even so, the food was still excellent. Service, however, suffered due to the full-house, because the kitchen was consequently (but somewhat understandably so) overwhelmed. There was an inordinate gap between the courses that left our stomachs growling and us filling up on bread. Notwithstanding the long lag-times between courses, the wait staff were still very much engaging, genuine, witty and friendly.

One great thing about this out-of-the-way locale is the complimentary valet parking. Even if you don't drive, the staff here are very happy to call for a cab for you so you don't have to lift a finger after dinner.

We ordered the same stuff sampled at the invited tasting, and all were very well-received. Of particlar note were the Salmon Carparccio, Beef Short Ribs and Tiramisu. All are must-trys and should not be missed.
• 13 Apr 2015 • 33 reviews • 0 follower

One of the Most Romantic Restaurants in Singapore

Overall
For more photos, menu and full review, click here.

One of my favourite restaurant in Singapore, in term of ambiance. The price tag is a little more expensive but it's the perfect place for a romantic date. It’s always a pleasure to visit Alkaff Mansion. Despite the higher-than-average price tag, it’s truly a different dining experience that is reasonable to pay for the extra bucks. There is no pressure to leave right after dining. Grab a patio couch near the outdoor fountain area that’s dimly lit with a tea light and enjoy the rest of the night under the moonlight. This place will always be at the back of my head when my friends ask for recommendation for a classy romantic dinner venue.
• 20 Mar 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Nice place but food quality was mixed

Overall
Had dinner with a US colleague last night. Have not been to Alkaff Mansion for a while, but really pleased to find the place had remained nice and cosy as I recalled. The ambience was great !
 The food was okay, but could have been much better. The waiters did not caution us that the portions were huge and we over-ordered - and couldn't finish our food. The special dish of the day, a linguine snow crab was great. My colleague had the branzino and he said it was nice though there were too many bones - much more than he had expected. My main course, tiger prawns was bad - the prawns were not fresh (heads were disjointed from the body and the prawn meat was soggy & soft). I told the waiter that when he came back to collect my unfinished food - but he just looked at me and said nothing at all. It was rather disappointing - I didn't expect any refund, but he could have acknowledged the feedback at least ?!
• 24 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Saturday Afternoon Tea

Overall
We had the afternoon tea.. food is okay. Liked the crepe.. theres lots of cheese and ham..gryphon tea.

Not fantastically good but ok. Ordered latte, which I had to top up.. but was surprised it turns out to be machine coffee.