For more photos, menu and full review, click here.
One of my favourite restaurant in Singapore, in term of ambiance. The price tag is a little more expensive but it's the perfect place for a romantic date. It’s always a pleasure to visit Alkaff Mansion. Despite the higher-than-average price tag, it’s truly a different dining experience that is reasonable to pay for the extra bucks. There is no pressure to leave right after dining. Grab a patio couch near the outdoor fountain area that’s dimly lit with a tea light and enjoy the rest of the night under the moonlight. This place will always be at the back of my head when my friends ask for recommendation for a classy romantic dinner venue.
Alkaff Mansion is sited at a restored historic Tudor style mansion on Telok Blangah Hill.
Although the location is out of the way, dining here is a unique experience, as the ambience more than make up for the trip off the beaten track.
I came by for the Italian BBQ Buffet Nights, which happens every Wednesday and Thursday nights. They offer unlimited servings of meats and seafood cooked ala minute. Being outdoors, you do not get the smoky fumes onto your clothes and you also enjoy the tranquil environment and the opportunity to dine under the stars.
The buffet cost $68++ per adult, and $34++ per child.
The food served at the buffet is cooked ala minute.
You can pick and choose your meats:
- Beef steak: The portion was good, more than enough for my table of 4 pax. Simply grilled and a brown sauce brushed over it before serving.
- Lamb rack: My favourite of all the meats. Nice bone on pieces of lamb. Juicy and succulent.
- Whole roast French baby chicken: The meat was tender and nicely roasted.
Seafood items include:
- Tiger prawns: Yummy. They were nicely grilled on the outside and its fresh.
- Italian squid: This was good. Butterflied squid simply grilled with salt and pepper. Its drizzled with garlic infused olive oil before serving. I would go back and eat this any time.
- Octopus: My favourite of the seafood. Octopus leg grilled to perfection. Soft and chewy. Its good.
- Fish – Mediterranean Tuna: A block of tuna, nicely seared on the outside on the grill and then sliced and plated. Nice.
- Fish – Seabass: The seabass is filleted and grilled. Love the grill markings on the fish skin. Inside the meat is moist and delicious.
There's also a buffet table where there are breads, roast vegetables and potatoes and a pasta salad that you can help yourself.
The drinks list is also good, where you can enjoy a glass of wine or cocktails. I tried the bumble bee, which is good.
We dined al-fresco, on the gardens of the property, where we could enjoy the evening breeze and the tranquil greenery.
A very romantic dining destination and I am sure it will definitely spark the romance amongst the hardened of non-romantics!