Alfresco/Outdoor Dining17 votes
Birthdays3 votes
Corporate Events3 votes
Live Band3 votes
Supper3 votes

Happy 49th Birthday Singapore! ($49++/ person Set Meal) - Weekdays. Other deals are available, find out more

angeliquemari
 • 08 Aug 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went twice- once for lunch and then because the experience was positive brought my mother for afternoon tea. Sadly, I found the second visit disappointing. The ambience is really fantastic, the service is a bit slow but ok, and the food was good at lunch but obviously they don't put as much effort into tea. The scones were cold and hard and the cream was not clotted and the jam was disgusting - it was some cheap artificially colored and flavored jelly. The savory food did not have much variety and wasn't very appetizing, only the sweet foods were quite good.

So if you go, just make sure you don't go for the tea set. Otherwise I think it's worth it.

jayceeqz
 • 29 Jul 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
A very enjoyable and pleasant experience at Alkaff Mansion!

The service was impeccable, staff were attentive and initiative! Very pleased with how professional and well trained the staff were.

Not to mention, the food was really delicious as well! Thumbs up :)

Serene Toh
 • 06 Jul 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
It was my second time to Alkaff for High Tea. The first time i came, i remember the food was not fantastic but the ambience made up for the experience. This time around, it was horrible.

Let me just start with the things that are nice. The tea selection was extensive and the truffle pasta was nice, which we had a few servings. Because thats the only thing that we felt was palatable. The open face sandwiches was decent.

The 3 tier high tea set looks nice but tasted horrible. Eating the Macaroons felt like eating sugar, the cream for the scones tasted stale like its been around forever, the jam tasted like low quality jam and very sweet, the mini fruit tart was tasteless w a piece of pathetic looking strawberry sitting on top. I am a big fan of those 3 tier high tea set but it was the first time i didnt finish every item on one.

The desserts on the dessert table were all overly sweet. Think desserts from cheap buffets. I wouldnt mind if i was paying $20 for cheap buffet, but we are looking at SGD 50 per pax for these food.

I am very disappointed and feel really bad because i recommended the place for my girlfriend's birthday. And all of us think the food was horrible.

With so many up and coming new cafes and bakeries, i expected alkaff to have better quality of food to justify the price.

Needless to say, we would not be back again.

And this is the first time i feel so strongly about leaving a feedback for a restaurant.