Reviews for Alkaff Mansion Ristorante

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Post-Invited Tasting Revisit

For the full review, please see http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com

We returned for a revisit, unfortunately, right dab smack in the middle of Restaurant Week, so the restaurant was swarming with diners. Even so, the food was still excellent. Service, however, suffered due to the full-house, because the kitchen was consequently (but somewhat understandably so) overwhelmed. There was an inordinate gap between the courses that left our stomachs growling and us filling up on bread. Notwithstanding the long lag-times between courses, the wait staff were still very much engaging, genuine, witty and friendly.

One great thing about this out-of-the-way locale is the complimentary valet parking. Even if you don't drive, the staff here are very happy to call for a cab for you so you don't have to lift a finger after dinner.

We ordered the same stuff sampled at the invited tasting, and all were very well-received. Of particlar note were the Salmon Carparccio, Beef Short Ribs and Tiramisu. All are must-trys and should not be missed.
• 17 May 2015 • 11 reviews • 0 follower

Sorry, but what...?

Overall
Full review here: http://memoirsoftaste.com/index.php/2015/01/04/dining-with-history-alkaff-mansion-ristorante-singapore/.

I know the photographs look great, and yes, Alkaff Mansion Ristorante has decent plating, but the food just wasn't up to scratch.

I hate to be painfully honest but besides the lovely sight of the tudor-style historical bungalow peering over the park (which you can’t really see much of at night), the privacy and the very attentive service, I’m not sure anything else about Alkaff Mansion Ristorante really stood out to me.

Sorry guys- I think there's great potential for the place, especially with the dining in a historical monument factor but the food can be so much more.
• 17 May 2015 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Birthday Cake Incident

Overall
Restaurant had great ambience, and I must say I'm impressed with the service of the staff and the food, if not for this particular unfortunate incident.
 My partner reserved the place in advance with request of birthday icing on the dessert when it was served. She called one day prior to double confirm the reservation and the request. Operator specifically mention that they don't provide complimentary cake and icing to be written on the dessert we ordered. When our dessert was served, they forgot the icing. A check with one of the waiter resulted in him, in my opinion, acting like they did not forgot, but was still preparing. However, the element of surprise has been lost, and my partner was definitely disappointed. They then served a complimentary cake, but at that point in time, I was quite full to enjoy it. What's worse is that we found out later that the icing between our table and the one next to us has been mixed up, resulting in the poor birthday girl having a cake with my name on it.
 Definitely a blemish in an otherwise great dinner service.
• 13 Apr 2015 • 34 reviews • 0 follower

One of the Most Romantic Restaurants in Singapore

Overall
For more photos, menu and full review, click here.

One of my favourite restaurant in Singapore, in term of ambiance. The price tag is a little more expensive but it's the perfect place for a romantic date. It’s always a pleasure to visit Alkaff Mansion. Despite the higher-than-average price tag, it’s truly a different dining experience that is reasonable to pay for the extra bucks. There is no pressure to leave right after dining. Grab a patio couch near the outdoor fountain area that’s dimly lit with a tea light and enjoy the rest of the night under the moonlight. This place will always be at the back of my head when my friends ask for recommendation for a classy romantic dinner venue.