Alfresco/Outdoor Dining17 votes
Supper3 votes

Serene Toh
 • 06 Jul 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
It was my second time to Alkaff for High Tea. The first time i came, i remember the food was not fantastic but the ambience made up for the experience. This time around, it was horrible.

Let me just start with the things that are nice. The tea selection was extensive and the truffle pasta was nice, which we had a few servings. Because thats the only thing that we felt was palatable. The open face sandwiches was decent.

The 3 tier high tea set looks nice but tasted horrible. Eating the Macaroons felt like eating sugar, the cream for the scones tasted stale like its been around forever, the jam tasted like low quality jam and very sweet, the mini fruit tart was tasteless w a piece of pathetic looking strawberry sitting on top. I am a big fan of those 3 tier high tea set but it was the first time i didnt finish every item on one.

The desserts on the dessert table were all overly sweet. Think desserts from cheap buffets. I wouldnt mind if i was paying $20 for cheap buffet, but we are looking at SGD 50 per pax for these food.

I am very disappointed and feel really bad because i recommended the place for my girlfriend's birthday. And all of us think the food was horrible.

With so many up and coming new cafes and bakeries, i expected alkaff to have better quality of food to justify the price.

Needless to say, we would not be back again.

And this is the first time i feel so strongly about leaving a feedback for a restaurant.

DreamLove Eat
 • 01 Jun 2014 46 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Read my full review with more pictures

I love the tranquil surroundings. I have went Alkaff Mansion a couple of times. The most attractive point is the ambience. It gives out a relaxing and romantic atmosphere. They also served great dishes. The service is also swift and friendly. I will defintely come back again.

Management

Dear DreamLove Eat,

We are delighted to hear the positive feedback on your dining experience with us at Alkaff Mansion Ristorante.

Thank you for the compliments on our food and ambience. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our food and service. We will convey your compliments to our chef and service crews.

We hope to see you soon. Be sure to try our other dishes on the menu when you return.

Steffanykyo
 • 31 May 2014 5 reviews 0 follower
Hi,

I just have my Brunch few week with my fren, which all our English is poor, when place order we can't hear clearly the waiter question which we has been laugh by him.. i feel so nonsen we are the customer why we get this kind of services.

We order the salmon burch, the salsom not fresh at all and use lime to cover the smell, and all our order is cold, the apple juice you can view in my photo which has been place for long time and never serve to us. OVerall the food is nice but the is not so expensive there. Can have a visit which the place is worth to visit because is a hill top totally can out from city nose...

Brunch

Management

Dear Steffanykyo,

We would like to thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback on your dining experience with us. We strive to provide the best service we can as well as high food quality, thus your feedback is very valuable to us.

Firstly, thank you for the compliments on our food and ambience. We regret that one of our staff failed to understand clearly regarding your orders and displayed inappropriate behaviour. We will provide this feedback to our staff for improvement.

Secondly, we take pride in our food quality. Hence, we will take your valuable comments into consideration and improve on our dishes, ensuring its freshness.

Do visit us again to try our other offerings.

Best Regards,