Summary

Beef Tenderloin w Fine Kenyan Beans Truffle Sauce, Angel Hair Pasta With Prawns, Beef ribs, Pappardelle With Wild Boar Ragout, baby spinach, foie gras appetizer, porcini mushroom risotto, veal ravioli, Affogato, Alkaff Signature Tiramisu, Appletini, Branzino Al Sale Con Flamma, Fish – Mediterranean Tuna, Fish – Seabass, Fresh mint panna cotta with mixed berries and raspberry sauce, Grilled Vegetables, Homemade Veal Ravioli, Homemade squid ink tagliatelle with assorted seafood done Cartaccio style, Italian squid, Lamb chops, Lobster Linguine, Octopus, Porcetto Sardinian Style, Rack of lamb, Salmon cappacio, Salt-baked sea bass, Seared Hokkaido Scallops, Smoked Sturgeon With Crab Salad Crispy Duck Foie, Smoked Sturgeon With Crab Salad Crispy Duck Foie Gras, Tiger prawns, Tiramisu, Warm octopus salad, cod fish, fregola pasta with seafood View all
Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Fine Dining, Quiet, Anniversary, Private Dining, Brunch, Hidden Find, Birthdays, Chillout, Lunch, View/Scenery, After Work, Wine Lists, Breakfast, Business Dining, Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, Relaxed, Ala Carte, Weddings, Boys Night Out, Corporate Events, Girls Night Out, Live Band, Nice Deco, Supper View all

Post-Invited Tasting Revisit

For the full review, please see http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com

We returned for a revisit, unfortunately, right dab smack in the middle of Restaurant Week, so the restaurant was swarming with diners. Even so, the food was still excellent. Service, however, suffered due to the full-house, because the kitchen was consequently (but somewhat understandably so) overwhelmed. There was an inordinate gap between the courses that left our stomachs growling and us filling up on bread. Notwithstanding the long lag-times between courses, the wait staff were still very much engaging, genuine, witty and friendly.

One great thing about this out-of-the-way locale is the complimentary valet parking. Even if you don't drive, the staff here are very happy to call for a cab for you so you don't have to lift a finger after dinner.

We ordered the same stuff sampled at the invited tasting, and all were very well-received. Of particlar note were the Salmon Carparccio, Beef Short Ribs and Tiramisu. All are must-trys and should not be missed.

The management of Alkaff Mansion Ristorante responded to this review:
20 Jan 2014
Dear The Hungry Bunny
Thank you for dining with us at Alkaff Mansion Ristorante.
We appreciate that your efforts in writing this review. We are glad to know that you had an enjoyable dinner despite the wait between courses. We would like to apologize for the lag-times which you had experience due to Restaurant Week. Nonetheless we are pleased to know that our service staff were ‘still very much engaging, genuine, witty and friendly’.
Nonetheless, we assure quality foods are served to all our valued customers. Do visit us again for the other dishes. We look forward to have you dining with us soon!

Warmest Regards
The Management
Alkaff Mansion Ristorante

Most helpful reviews for Alkaff Mansion Ristorante

Very bad experience

We ordered 2 pasta that are in the menu but after finishing the first round of pan cakes, we still have to wait more then 30min then the staff told us that the chief will only appear after 11.30am so we can't have the pasta. If it's not available, shouldn't it be stated in the menu. And the staff should know or inform us after the order has been placed with the kitchen. very disappointed with the services.

The management of Alkaff Mansion Ristorante responded to this review:
15 Apr 2014
Dear Lee Phang, Thank you for dining with us at Alkaff Mansion Ristorante. Our Pasta and Pizza at the Terrace Brunch is actually available after 11.30am and we apologise that this was not conveyed to you when you placed the order. Nevertheless we appreciate your feedback on this matter. As we are also in the midst of changing our menu, we will take note to indicate this on our new menu to avoid any confusion in the future. We will also convey your feedback to our service team of our Terrace Brunch for improvements. Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience caused and for the unpleasant experience. We hope that you will return in the future when we revise our menu and work on improving the service quality at our Terrace Brunch. Thank you. Regards, The Management Alkaff Mansion Ristorante

Excelent experience!!!

I was there recently with my Fiance, my experience was excellent,from the entrance till we left the place.

Besides that it is a magnificent beauty,the food and the service on that night,made our day!

Keep it up!

We are planning to celebrate our wedding at Alkaff Mansion!

A place to go back,very often!

Thank you.

Tim Loh.

This Iconic Grand Old Dame Is Back !!!

I have always wanted to write this review a long time ago....And the main reason being...this is a very special review personally, as I was a regular cusomer of Alkaff since two decades ago till it's demise in 2003...

Secondly, I was the very first customer when this place reopened officially on the first day of business by the new owner ( LHN Group )..

Back in the 90's, Alkaff Restaurant was the brainchild of Mr Ong Beng Seng....thru his Hilton hotel group, spent a fortune to revamping this once deserted place back to it's former glory...However, due to the economic downturn and SARS epidemic....OBS decided to call it a day in 2003 when the lease was up...

Now fast forward 2011...and after a long hiatus of renovation, and countless design changes...a big budget of S$8 million....Alkaff Mansion is back ! Yes...the grand old dame is back !!!

I've tried breakfast, lunch and dinner at this establishment, and I can say they have never failed to impress me as a consumer..

The man running the show..aka Mr Gabriele is a friendly Italian chap who's the brain behind the ever changing menu that's more hits then misses..

Let me recommend some of the dishes worth trying :

1) Smoked sturgeon with crab salad : A must try

2) Crispy Duck Foie Gras : Done the Italian style...not bad

3) Pappardelle with wild boar ragout : A Personal Fav of mine

4) Angel Hair Pasta With Prawns : This is not on the menu...but it can be ordered and another highly recommended dish

5) Alkaff Signature Tiramisu : Good

All in all..I always have a soft spot for Alkaff for 2 decades....this time round...It's even better then ever....And for those romantic couples out there...this is the place for the guy to pop the question....And yes...starting this Fri...there will be a singer there to liven this place up just like the good old 1920's....Bravo LHN, Gabriele and the crew of Alkaff....you guys have done it again !

Great food, romantic ambiance, great service

This was my first time at Alkaff Mansion. I was with my girlfriend for a romantic night out, and the place certainly delivered.

I ordered the salmon cappacio, sliced beef tenderloin and the suckling pig. The beef was tender and absolutely delicious. The pork crisp and juicy.

The only hiccup of the night was when we found a small caterpillar on one of the salads. Upon notifying the servers, they immediately changed the dish for us, and gave us a new table. One of the staff, Kenneth, on noticing that we still felt slightly uneasy about the new salad, brought a dish of cooked vegetables, on the house.

Kudos to them for the great service, I was very impressed.

A Great Lunch At Alkaff Mansion

This is my first time coming to Alkaff Mansion for lunch, as all of my previous dining experiences here were for dinner.

Alkaff Mansion is a colonial style mansion that has been restored to its former glory, with nicely manicured lawns, and a 2 storey mansion where you can dine in opulent old-world ambience.

We came here for lunch with some business contacts.

Here are the highlights of our meal:

- Sesame crusted tuna. Pan fried blocks of tuna meat sliced to pieces, with a pink rare middle. A nicely-presented appetiser.

- Warm octopus salad. Sliced grilled octopus leg, with fresh greens, tomatoes, orange and pine nuts. Dressing is light and refreshing. Absolutely loved the pieces of octopus within.

- Branzino Al Sale Con Flamma: Oven baked sea bass in salt served Flambe. Moist and tender fish within. The unveiling. When the skin of the fish is peeled back, the steam rises from the meat. Quite a sight!   - Homemade squid ink tagliatelle with assorted seafood done Cartaccio style. The pasta was wrapped up in a clear plastic wrapper. After it’s presented at the table, the wait staff untie the wrapper and fold the edges around the plate. It’s quite neat! Almost like receiving a birthday present and then unwrapping it to reveal the pasta within! Pasta is nicely done and tasty. The mussels and clams were also fresh and yummy!   - Porcetto Sardinian Style - Slow-cooked Sardinian style suckling pig with roasted potatoes. Really fork tender and tasty. A memorable dish that will stay with me for a long time. Yummy!

- Rack of lamb. Nicely grilled and pink in the middle. You don’t get the overwhelming ‘lamb smell’. Nicely done.

To end off the meal, we had some desserts:

- Tiramisu. Nice presentation, with chocolate sticks 'growing' from my Tiramisu. Loved the moist finger biscuits within the lovely mascarpone cream.

- Fresh mint panna cotta with mixed berries and raspberry sauce. This dual layered panna cotta has made me a fan. The top of the panna cotta is mint based and the bottom is a traditional panna cotta with vanilla seeds mixed in. so yummy!    A great nostalgic ambience to dine in!   The food quality here is good and it is definitely on my go-to places for Italian food.