Read my full review with more pictures
I love the tranquil surroundings. I have went Alkaff Mansion a couple of times. The most attractive point is the ambience. It gives out a relaxing and romantic atmosphere. They also served great dishes. The service is also swift and friendly. I will defintely come back again.
We ordered 2 pasta that are in the menu but after finishing the first round of pan cakes, we still have to wait more then 30min then the staff told us that the chief will only appear after 11.30am so we can't have the pasta. If it's not available, shouldn't it be stated in the menu. And the staff should know or inform us after the order has been placed with the kitchen. very disappointed with the services.
I was there recently with my Fiance, my experience was excellent,from the entrance till we left the place.
Besides that it is a magnificent beauty,the food and the service on that night,made our day!
Keep it up!
We are planning to celebrate our wedding at Alkaff Mansion!
A place to go back,very often!
I have always wanted to write this review a long time ago....And the main reason being...this is a very special review personally, as I was a regular cusomer of Alkaff since two decades ago till it's demise in 2003...
Secondly, I was the very first customer when this place reopened officially on the first day of business by the new owner ( LHN Group )..
Back in the 90's, Alkaff Restaurant was the brainchild of Mr Ong Beng Seng....thru his Hilton hotel group, spent a fortune to revamping this once deserted place back to it's former glory...However, due to the economic downturn and SARS epidemic....OBS decided to call it a day in 2003 when the lease was up...
Now fast forward 2011...and after a long hiatus of renovation, and countless design changes...a big budget of S$8 million....Alkaff Mansion is back ! Yes...the grand old dame is back !!!
I've tried breakfast, lunch and dinner at this establishment, and I can say they have never failed to impress me as a consumer..
The man running the show..aka Mr Gabriele is a friendly Italian chap who's the brain behind the ever changing menu that's more hits then misses..
Let me recommend some of the dishes worth trying :
1) Smoked sturgeon with crab salad : A must try
2) Crispy Duck Foie Gras : Done the Italian style...not bad
3) Pappardelle with wild boar ragout : A Personal Fav of mine
4) Angel Hair Pasta With Prawns : This is not on the menu...but it can be ordered and another highly recommended dish
5) Alkaff Signature Tiramisu : Good
All in all..I always have a soft spot for Alkaff for 2 decades....this time round...It's even better then ever....And for those romantic couples out there...this is the place for the guy to pop the question....And yes...starting this Fri...there will be a singer there to liven this place up just like the good old 1920's....Bravo LHN, Gabriele and the crew of Alkaff....you guys have done it again !
This was my first time at Alkaff Mansion. I was with my girlfriend for a romantic night out, and the place certainly delivered.
I ordered the salmon cappacio, sliced beef tenderloin and the suckling pig. The beef was tender and absolutely delicious. The pork crisp and juicy.
The only hiccup of the night was when we found a small caterpillar on one of the salads. Upon notifying the servers, they immediately changed the dish for us, and gave us a new table. One of the staff, Kenneth, on noticing that we still felt slightly uneasy about the new salad, brought a dish of cooked vegetables, on the house.
Kudos to them for the great service, I was very impressed.
This is my first time coming to Alkaff Mansion for lunch, as all of my previous dining experiences here were for dinner.
Alkaff Mansion is a colonial style mansion that has been restored to its former glory, with nicely manicured lawns, and a 2 storey mansion where you can dine in opulent old-world ambience.
We came here for lunch with some business contacts.
Here are the highlights of our meal:- Sesame crusted tuna. Pan fried blocks of tuna meat sliced to pieces, with a pink rare middle. A nicely-presented appetiser.
- Warm octopus salad. Sliced grilled octopus leg, with fresh greens, tomatoes, orange and pine nuts. Dressing is light and refreshing. Absolutely loved the pieces of octopus within.
- Branzino Al Sale Con Flamma: Oven baked sea bass in salt served Flambe. Moist and tender fish within. The unveiling. When the skin of the fish is peeled back, the steam rises from the meat. Quite a sight! - Homemade squid ink tagliatelle with assorted seafood done Cartaccio style. The pasta was wrapped up in a clear plastic wrapper. After it’s presented at the table, the wait staff untie the wrapper and fold the edges around the plate. It’s quite neat! Almost like receiving a birthday present and then unwrapping it to reveal the pasta within! Pasta is nicely done and tasty. The mussels and clams were also fresh and yummy! - Porcetto Sardinian Style - Slow-cooked Sardinian style suckling pig with roasted potatoes. Really fork tender and tasty. A memorable dish that will stay with me for a long time. Yummy!
- Rack of lamb. Nicely grilled and pink in the middle. You don’t get the overwhelming ‘lamb smell’. Nicely done.
To end off the meal, we had some desserts:- Tiramisu. Nice presentation, with chocolate sticks 'growing' from my Tiramisu. Loved the moist finger biscuits within the lovely mascarpone cream.
- Fresh mint panna cotta with mixed berries and raspberry sauce. This dual layered panna cotta has made me a fan. The top of the panna cotta is mint based and the bottom is a traditional panna cotta with vanilla seeds mixed in. so yummy! A great nostalgic ambience to dine in! The food quality here is good and it is definitely on my go-to places for Italian food.