Review for Alkaff Mansion Ristorante

Address: 10 Telok Blangah Green, 109178

+65 6884 6884
01 Jun 2014

Great Ambience with Tranquil Surroundings

Read my full review with more pictures

I love the tranquil surroundings. I have went Alkaff Mansion a couple of times. The most attractive point is the ambience. It gives out a relaxing and romantic atmosphere. They also served great dishes. The service is also swift and friendly. I will defintely come back again.
The management of Alkaff Mansion Ristorante responded to this review:
23 Jun 2014
Dear DreamLove Eat,

We are delighted to hear the positive feedback on your dining experience with us at Alkaff Mansion Ristorante.

Thank you for the compliments on our food and ambience. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our food and service. We will convey your compliments to our chef and service crews.

We hope to see you soon. Be sure to try our other dishes on the menu when you return.

More reviews of Alkaff Mansion Ristorante

One of the Most Romantic Restaurants in Singapore

For more photos, menu and full review, click here.

One of my favourite restaurant in Singapore, in term of ambiance. The price tag is a little more expensive but it's the perfect place for a romantic date. It’s always a pleasure to visit Alkaff Mansion. Despite the higher-than-average price tag, it’s truly a different dining experience that is reasonable to pay for the extra bucks. There is no pressure to leave right after dining. Grab a patio couch near the outdoor fountain area that’s dimly lit with a tea light and enjoy the rest of the night under the moonlight. This place will always be at the back of my head when my friends ask for recommendation for a classy romantic dinner venue.

Overall

Historically good - food and ambience

Alkaff Mansion Ristorante occupies this beautiful property restored to the glory of yesteryear, complete with a sleek garden with fountain, as well as open terrace for al fresco dining. This exquisite, award-winning Italian restaurant serves up authentic Italian fare for lunch, dinner and weekend brunches. They started a Grigliata Grill concept lately as well.

The interior is grand, elegant and romantic, complete with dim lighting and large chandeliers, a modern touch to the carefully-restored vintage floorings of the colonial mansion. Tables are well-spaced, and choice of furniture is luxe and comfort combined, making for a good dining experience. Private dining rooms are available as well. Service is a little slow and has room for improvement. Music was also American pop at one point, which was a little odd against the posh Italian settings of this retaurant.

For starters, we had the Pan-seared Hokkaido Scallops (SGD$28.00) with Cauliflower Purée and Avruga Caviar. I needn't describe the popping sensation of the delicious caviar - tiny but robust. The scallops were orgasmic - springy in texture, contracting firmly under the knife and expanding juicily again thereafter, catching the teeth with its delicious flavour.

For mains, *V had the Homemade Veal Ravioli (SGD$28.00) in Alba Truffle Cream Sauce and Porcini Mushrooms. The pockets of minced veal was utterly soft and smooth, melting lusciously in the mouth with the robust, solid truffle cream. The mushrooms added flavour and texture to the creation, bringing it one step closer to heaven.

I chose the Porcini Mushroom Risotto (SGD$28.00) Superfino Aquerello with Thyme. Flavour was distinctive and sapid in an earthly manner, with the aroma piercing the senses sharply; the dish was smooth and creamy - a little too creamy; the risotto became like congee literally.

For full review and more detailed information, please feel free to visit:

Over-rated "authentic Italian" dishes

This place is great for young guys who wanna impress their dates. The atmosphere is good except for its staff and the crowd, which seem generally young. Turns out only young people will tolerate its sub-par service and so-so "Authentic Italian" dishes.
Overall

Ended up with a bad experience with valet

Visited this restaurant ytd for my friend's birthday but it ended up with a bad experience. Because of this bad experience, we will not return to this restaurant anymore.

Checked the website and it said "complimentary valet parking after 6.30pm everyday". We reached close to 7pm, the valet told us, (exact words) "there is a carpark (free) and he pointed to an open carpark just down the hill or u can valet. this is the valet here" Okay so we went with the valet since we were already right outside the restaurant.

When we left the restaurant to pick up the car, the valet told my friend. (this is his exact words) "I told you the free parking is there already right, this valet must pay." In an accusatory tone no less. Pls note he did note said anything about chargeable valet at the start. It was not even chargeable at all according to the restaurant. My friend actually took out her wallet to look for some smaller notes to pay him but she only had $50 notes. And she even asked "oh so how much?" and he said "up to you". Think about it, if it is payable, why is it "up to you", why is there not a fixed fee? I could have given him just $1 right?

I asked again because I clearly saw the detail about complimentary valet parking after 6.30pm on the website so I told him that, he just insisted that free parking is down at the hill but the valet service is not free. Erm. I think we all know what "complimentary valet parking" means. His tone was really bad and I just kept clarifying that he should check with his management but he just dismissed it. It went on abit more because we do not have smaller notes but he said ok "dont have nvm but I have written down your carplate #, next time I know already ok nx time I know already." I'm sorry? Whatever for & what are you trying to say?

We left the place fuming but I called the restaurant to let them know what happened. They confirmed it is indeed complimentary & the valet is under another mgmt so they will report this to them. I appreciate this gesture but honestly, the bday night for my friend is ruined. The restaurant should communicate this sort of things clearly to their vendors & not allow such dishonest act to happen. It seemed like the valet just wanted to earn some quick buck. It is such a pity because we had the best panna cotta here, food was not bad too and dinner service was good. We were planning to return to the restaurant, but because of this bad experience, it ruined the visit, ended up in bad taste and I just want to avoid another experience like that altogether.

Perfect

Perfect dinner. Great service, superb food and we were pleasantly surprised that we get to enjoy 50% off using Amex card. If not for the discount, price would be a bit on the steep side. Alkaff mansion is really a romantic place.