Summary

Ambience3
Mixed Pot (Mussels and Clams), Meatball and chips, rosti View all
Lunch, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, After Work, Children/Family, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Vibrant/Noisy View all

Great Food and Service !

We had a company lunch for 33 pax and was really impressed that the resturant manager Siva and Kitchen manager Jimmy took extra mile to ensure we were well served and food came hot and quick that we all enjoyed the session within lunch hour ! Food was tasty too especially the Pork Kunckle crisp outside and tender inside while the Salmon Spicy Pasta was a fusion twist and appetizing. Thank-you so much !

Most helpful reviews for Ambush (Junction 8)

subpar food, atrocious service

Terrible food, terrible service.

Was quite grumpy that evening and wanted to enjoy a good meal along with good service to cheer me up and end the day on a good note.

This restaurant called "Ambush" caught our attention. It looked like it had a nice and cozy environment from the outside, and had the slogan "Fast Casual European Dining". It looked and sounded appealing, so we decided to go for it. At the entrance, we were 'greeted' by an attendant who didn't seem to acknowledge our existence, and even had the cheek to have a casual convo with another employee while we were left hanging. We shrugged it off and tried to look past it cuz we were hungry. As we sat down, the first thing that came to mind was that the food had a high price tag. But we figured that the service, environment and the food itself would be worth it. Boy were we wrong... After we made up our minds as to what we wanted (i ordered a salmon fillet spaghetti in thai basil sauce that was 14 bucks, while my friend ordered squid ink spaghetti for 13), we tried to get the attention of an employee to take our order for what seemed like eternity. There were several times where we had made eye contact with the waitress/waiters with our hands up high, and they simply ignored us and walked away as if they didnt see us. When we finally got a waiters attention, he took our orders hastily, as if he was rushing off somewhere. At this point of time, we figured that the food should do the price tag justice. When the food arrived, it was shoved in our face, clumsily placed on the table, and yet again seemed like she was rushing off somewhere. The food was lukewarm, tasteless, portions were small and my salmon fillet was dry and hard.

lousy food, lousy service

lousy food, lousy service. Expensive price. Lamb chop is tasteless. Rosti is too small.

Place is empty on Friday night.

Rude Service

I went to Ambush (Junction 8 outlet) on Good Friday at around 1pm+ for lunch. With much anticipation after reading some of the reviews, I went there with a friend for a casual meet-up. Rude service sums up our experience.

(i) While the waiter was setting up the cutlery on the table, I gently told the waiter that I had one more guest coming. Without any response from him, verbal or visual whatsoever, I gently repeated. He replied with a brief yes without even looking at me and went away.

(ii) When the same waiter brought over the two glasses of water I asked for earlier from another waiter, he came by quickly, put the glasses down on the table roughly and quickly walked away. This took me a bit by surprise as I had my back facing him and I was browsing through the menu. The restaurant was mostly empty at that time with very few patrons.

(iii) The worst part. Imagine you are in mid-way eating your appetizer and suddenly, a plate of food is thrown in front of you. That comes pretty close to how that same waiter delivered to my friend her food.

I hope the restaurant could improve its service. On the plus side, it is well located and the ambience is relatively good for casual dining place. The idea of presenting the menu in a newspaper layout was quite cool. I would not comment on the food because we were not able to enjoy any of it because of the lack of basic service standards.

nice fuss free lunch

dropped in for an early lunch on a friday and was pleasently surprised. lunch sets were reasonably priced and i really enjoyed my burger set - $12.90 with a soup and drink.

TASTE GOOD

very honesty dishes, good for its value, tried the risotto, platter & escargot, all r above avg except the mushroom soup, too much flour.