Back to Baja Fresh Mexican Grill#01-03, Rendezvous Gallery, 9 Bras...

mexicano burrito3 votes
Cheap Eat/Budget4 votes
Healthy Eating4 votes
Ala Carte3 votes

littlestickmen
 • 11 Aug 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Very rarely do I visit a place to eat that pisses me off enough to write a review complaining about it. This happens to be the first one.

I often walk past this place without thinking much about it but one day I was craving Mexican food and decided to give it a try. I also searched for reviews on it on hungrygowhere first and everybody seem to like it.

Anyway, I got there with my boyfriend and we ordered 1 chicken/cheese quesadilla, and 1 fire grilled mahi mahi with crispy tacos. (the crispy tacos have to be topped up at 75 cents or something, which they state on the board but did not specify that the price was only for one taco, so you end up paying $1.50 if you do choose this. I would not have mind paying that if it did not suck). Both the taco and quesadilla cost roughly 15.90 each I think. We also ordered 2 cups of lime juices. Main courses come with a small bowl of corn chips with free flow salsa sauces ranging from mild to spicy.

The setting was basically very fast food restaurant like, where you go to the counter and order your own food. Except that at Baja, you end up paying roughly $43 for a below average meal for 2 to dine in a fast food setting.

My mahi mahi tacos, despite taking longer than my boyfriend's quesadilla to be served, were barely lukewarm and excess liquid from the fish were not drained before being put on top of my 1.50 crispy tacos which were now soggy. The parts that were not affected by the liquid was not crispy or fresh to begin with anyway, in case you were wondering. This dish came with a side of rice and beans.

The only redeeming thing about this meal was that my boyfriend's quesadilla were at least hot, but comparable to having mozerella cheese and chicken breast sandwiched between two instant roti pratas. This came with a side of sour cream, guacamole, and a salsa of tomatos and peppers.

All in all, I would NEVER recommend anyone to eat here. Considering how Singapore has no lack of amazing food and considering the amount you would spend eating here, you would be much better off trying some place else.

• 11 Jul 2014 316 reviews 86 followers
Overall
I can order and just eats nachos alone.  Moreover, there is endless flow of sauce for me to take as many as I wants to dip for the nachos.

Too bad, it always serving in one standard size.  Most of the times, I can't finish it.  Neither am I going to request to pack it and take away.  It is because I don't know how many small cups of sauce do I need to pack away?

Must tries: Nachos

Chillout

Gary Lim
 • 06 Jul 2014 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
This is like a fast food concept where you order from counter but they will bring the food to you. We tried one of the ultimo chicken burrito enchilado style and the ultimo fajitas. Just for the fun of it ordered some Tiger beer for myself and margarita for the wife but ended up finishing all the alcohol by myself. value for money Mexican food.

Must tries: enchillado style burrito, fajitas

After Work, Boys Night Out, Chillout, Dinner, Relaxed

Management

Dear Gary. Glad that you enjoyed your experience at Baja Fresh Mexican Grill. We will look forward to serving you some margaritas again. :) See you soon! Till then EAT WELL LIVE FRESH!.

09 July 2014