Summary

mexicano burrito, quesadillas, Nachos, Wide range of salsas, enchillado style burrito, Chicken Quesadilla, churros, Pork Burrito, fajitas, Baja Bowl with Chicken, Blue Magarita, Burrito Mexicano with Pork Carnitas, Burritto Mexicano, Char Siu Burrito, Chicken Tortilla Soup, Chips with dips, Long Island ice tea, Quesadilla, Quesadillas with Pork Carnitas, Quesadillas with Shrimp, Salsa, Spicy Chicken Americano Tacos, Taco, Tacos Baja style with Mahi Mahi, Tortilla chips with Dips, Tostada Salad View all
After Work, Lunch, Dinner, Ala Carte, Boys Night Out, Children/Family, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout, Brunch, Cheap Eat/Budget, Healthy Eating, Relaxed, Delivery, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Parties, Take Away View all

Tasty, Hearty, Mid-Range Mexican Food

Full Baja Fresh Mexican Grill review here: http://ivanteh-runningman.blogspot.sg/2015/07/baja-fresh-mexican-grill.html

First established in 1990 in California, on the west coast of the United States Of America, Baja Fresh Mexican Grill, also known as Baja Fresh for short, is a fast casual / fast food restaurant, specialising in Tex-Mex / fusion Texan and Mexican food. Baja Fresh Mexican Grill is known for their use of fresh ingredients, and their self-serve salsa bar with a variety of freshly made salsa. While the American outlets have seen declining success in recent years, the Baja Fresh Mexican Grill in Singapore, which opened in May 2012, is still doing rather well.

Ambience at Baja Fresh Mexican Grill is simple, casual, and functional. There is minimal decor to speak off, but the bright colours of green, yellow, and white lend a cheery feel. Furniture is functional and bare, similar to other fast food franchises. I do feel that cleanliness level overall isn't that great, the places shows signs of age, and the lights are slightly dim. Seats are also somewhat limited.

Service at Baja Fresh Mexican Grill is largely self-service, with ordering and payment done over the counter, similar to other fast food outlets. However, as there is usually a short 5 - 10 minute wait for your orders, staff will serve it to your table. The menu is clear and legible, though the amount of customisable options is wide, and can therefore slow down the queue. While staff do make suggestions on what to order, they can be somewhat brusque.

Food at Baja Fresh Mexican Grill is classic Tex-Mex, known for its use of shredded cheese, beef / pork, and beans. Generally, I find the food to be tasty and well seasoned, balanced in the meals, though the meat is sometimes lacking in moisture. Portions are large, and very filling. Prices are comparable to a high-end bistro / restaurant, depite its casual ambience. Budget about SGD $25 per person for a meal here.

The Nachos (SGD $12.95) features a large basket of crisp tortilla chips, topped with tomato salsa, pinto beans, guacamole, sour cream, melted cheese, and chunks of chicken breast. Love the combination of flavours and textures, the fresh and sweet tomato salsa, the crunch of the salty tortilla chips, the savoury chicken, the smooth gucamole, and the tangy sour cream. Good enough to be a meal on its own!

Most helpful reviews for Baja Fresh Mexican Grill (Rendezvous Gallery)

So bad I had to write this review.

I feel so compelled to write this review to the point of signing up for an insing account. I read the previous reviews on this site before visiting this place and expected it to be at least decent. I was wrong. It was far from decent.

First of all when we stepped in the tables were messy, the sauce bar looked uninspiring with bits of sauce dripping over the edges and on the sides. Perhaps they were a little understaffed I thought, no biggie, I am happy to help myself or clear up the table in the absence of service.

Then we got to the counter and it was a mess. On one side there was an untidy and really disjointed display of drinks and different types of tortilla etc. On the other side, there were bowls of nachos sitting on a tray, table numbers messed up in another tray and an untidy bunch of laminated menus placed right in front of that one sole cashier. For a moment, I thought they were in the middle of tidying/inventory stock taking because the whole counter looked like a typhoon had just been through it. But my suspicions were unfounded as the staff smiled sweetly at me and asked what would I be having.

Since My friend and I got the groupon deal for all-you-can-eat buffet @19.90, we decided to go all the way out and got a chicken taco, fish burrito and an ultimo fajita. The food arrived in a flash, about 5 minutes later, which was impressive. What was not impressive was that the food was cold. Alright since it is a fast food concept, I shall not be picky about it. After all, if the taste is good, that's all that matters right?

No. It was terrible. The fish burrito was extremely fishy. The moment I bit into it I knew it was stale fish. I took a 2nd bite to confirm and it was indeed so. The texture of the fish was oddly mashy. I love fish and can take really fishy dishes but I know it when a fish has gone bad. Perhaps I made a bad choice in ordering this, on to the next dish.

The chicken taco was bland, boring and very cold. The chicken tasted like it was grilled quite some time before serving. Oh, and the chicken was tough and dry, extremely well done I must say. The best thing I can say about this dish is that it is edible, and I think I am being quite polite here.

When it was finally time to try the fajita I was not expecting much. It tasted better than the burrito and taco surprisingly. I think this is mainly because of the dollop of guacamole on the side. This dish was also served cold.

Despite being no Mexican, and having never been to Mexico, I do believe that the wonderful people in Mexico, who have managed to cultivate Americans' taste for Mexican food over recent decades, have a much more decent cuisine than whatever I had here.

I am never coming back here again.

Enjoy the Chicken Quesadilla!

It's my third time here in Baja Fresh Mexican Grill.

Reasonable pricing. Convenient location. Fast service.

Enjoyed coming here after work with my colleauges.

Had the Chicken Quesadilla this time and recommend it to you all!

Ridiculous price for fast food

Very rarely do I visit a place to eat that pisses me off enough to write a review complaining about it. This happens to be the first one.

I often walk past this place without thinking much about it but one day I was craving Mexican food and decided to give it a try. I also searched for reviews on it on hungrygowhere first and everybody seem to like it.

Anyway, I got there with my boyfriend and we ordered 1 chicken/cheese quesadilla, and 1 fire grilled mahi mahi with crispy tacos. (the crispy tacos have to be topped up at 75 cents or something, which they state on the board but did not specify that the price was only for one taco, so you end up paying $1.50 if you do choose this. I would not have mind paying that if it did not suck). Both the taco and quesadilla cost roughly 15.90 each I think. We also ordered 2 cups of lime juices. Main courses come with a small bowl of corn chips with free flow salsa sauces ranging from mild to spicy.

The setting was basically very fast food restaurant like, where you go to the counter and order your own food. Except that at Baja, you end up paying roughly $43 for a below average meal for 2 to dine in a fast food setting.

My mahi mahi tacos, despite taking longer than my boyfriend's quesadilla to be served, were barely lukewarm and excess liquid from the fish were not drained before being put on top of my 1.50 crispy tacos which were now soggy. The parts that were not affected by the liquid was not crispy or fresh to begin with anyway, in case you were wondering. This dish came with a side of rice and beans.

The only redeeming thing about this meal was that my boyfriend's quesadilla were at least hot, but comparable to having mozerella cheese and chicken breast sandwiched between two instant roti pratas. This came with a side of sour cream, guacamole, and a salsa of tomatos and peppers.

All in all, I would NEVER recommend anyone to eat here. Considering how Singapore has no lack of amazing food and considering the amount you would spend eating here, you would be much better off trying some place else.

Enjoy Good Mexican Food @ Pocket-Friendly Prices!

I have this continuous craving for a Mexican Burrito for the past week.

This is my go-to place, as its centrally located at Dhoby Ghaut, and the food come quick when you need food to go.

I rounded up several friends and we came to Baja Fresh for dinner recently.

Each of us ordered what we liked and we shared amongst our dining group.

Here are the highlights:

- Baja Bowl with Chicken: $10.95. Actually served in a plate, with rice, beans, grilled vegetables, onion, cilantro, cut chicken cubes and drizzled with salsa. Reminded me of a cross between a pizza and Chinese rice. The salsa topping is mildly spicy. Its nice and I will order this again.

- Burrito Mexicano with Pork Carnitas: $11.95. This was what I had come for. The burrito was chockfull of ingredients: rice, beans, salsa, chopped onions, cilantro and pork carnitas. Shredded cheese was sprinkled over the burrito and toasted then laden with a brown mildly spicy sauce. Definitely good to share, cos the portion is quite big and sharing with someone else means you can eat other stuff!

- Tacos Baja style with Mahi Mahi: $12.95. This was corn tortilla filled with salsa, chopped onions and cilantro with fish. Sour cream was served on the side. The ladies in my group liked the healthy dining feel for this dish.

- Quesadillas with Pork Carnitas: $11.95. We ordered the regular sized quesadilla. The tortilla was filled with Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream and pulled pork. It’s pre-cut into 4 slices, so its like eating an appetiser. All of us loved this and it’s a must-order!

- Quesadillas with Shrimp: $12.95. We couldn’t get enough of the pork quesadilla and ordered ordered another quesadilla with prawn instead. The prawns were grilled. I personally preferred the pork version better.

- Chicken Tortilla Soup: $5.95. The soup looks like tomato soup with slices of avocado and cheese at the bottom. Its tasty and not spicy, despite the staff informing that its spicy. Tasty and a good order for days when you need something soupy to warm your tummy. Try it!

- Dessert - Churros: $4.50. Freshly made, and its served nice and hot. Its coated with fine cinnamon powder and sugar. You can eat it on its own, or order chocolate sauce to dip the churros in for that chocolate-ty flavour! Must-try!

For drinks, they have a wide variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages: Margaritas (Lime/ Blue), Sangria, a range of beers (Corona, Asahi, Tiger, Erdinger, Hoegaarden and Somersby Apple Cider) in addition to the usual Juices, soft drinks and hot beverages.

I had the Corona Beer, Blue Magarita and Lime Magarita. The blue margarita was special cos of the blue color and the ladies in my dining group loved it. I liked the lime margarita.

Overall, a great place to . Price-wise, its not expensive, compared to a sit-down restaurant. Good value-for-money.

Recommended!