Reviews for Baja Fresh Mexican Grill

Latin AmericanMexican
Mabel E

Enjoy the Chicken Quesadilla!

It's my third time here in Baja Fresh Mexican Grill. Reasonable pricing. Convenient location. Fast service.  Enjoyed coming here after work with my colleauges. Had the Chicken Quesadilla this time and recommend it to you all!
20 Nov 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Enjoy the Chicken Quesadilla!

20 Nov 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Quick service and great Mexican food!

The service was basic but very friendly and fast. Love the Nachos with the home-made sauce also.

Quite impressed by the high quality Mexican food and the overall ambience. Enjoy eating and hanging out with friends in the evening.

Will come back again :)
19 Nov 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

So bad I had to write this review.

I feel so compelled to write this review to the point of signing up for an insing account. I read the previous reviews on this site before visiting this place and expected it to be at least decent. I was wrong. It was far from decent.

First of all when we stepped in the tables were messy, the sauce bar looked uninspiring with bits of sauce dripping over the edges and on the sides. Perhaps they were a little understaffed I thought, no biggie, I am happy to help myself or clear up the table in the absence of service.

Then we got to the counter and it was a mess. On one side there was an untidy and really disjointed display of drinks and different types of tortilla etc. On the other side, there were bowls of nachos sitting on a tray, table numbers messed up in another tray and an untidy bunch of laminated menus placed right in front of that one sole cashier. For a moment, I thought they were in the middle of tidying/inventory stock taking because the whole counter looked like a typhoon had just been through it. But my suspicions were unfounded as the staff smiled sweetly at me and asked what would I be having.

Since My friend and I got the groupon deal for all-you-can-eat buffet @19.90, we decided to go all the way out and got a chicken taco, fish burrito and an ultimo fajita. The food arrived in a flash, about 5 minutes later, which was impressive. What was not impressive was that the food was cold. Alright since it is a fast food concept, I shall not be picky about it. After all, if the taste is good, that's all that matters right?

No. It was terrible. The fish burrito was extremely fishy. The moment I bit into it I knew it was stale fish. I took a 2nd bite to confirm and it was indeed so. The texture of the fish was oddly mashy. I love fish and can take really fishy dishes but I know it when a fish has gone bad. Perhaps I made a bad choice in ordering this, on to the next dish.

The chicken taco was bland, boring and very cold. The chicken tasted like it was grilled quite some time before serving. Oh, and the chicken was tough and dry, extremely well done I must say. The best thing I can say about this dish is that it is edible, and I think I am being quite polite here.

When it was finally time to try the fajita I was not expecting much. It tasted better than the burrito and taco surprisingly. I think this is mainly because of the dollop of guacamole on the side. This dish was also served cold.

Despite being no Mexican, and having never been to Mexico, I do believe that the wonderful people in Mexico, who have managed to cultivate Americans' taste for Mexican food over recent decades, have a much more decent cuisine than whatever I had here.

I am never coming back here again.