Back to Balzac Brasserie#01-01, Rendezvous Hotel, 9 Bras Basah Road

Beef Cheek3 votes

LittleHouseFrau
 • 29 Aug 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
To begin with, our reservation, which was booked through hungrygowhere.com was neither confirmed nor valid. But the restaurant was empty so we got a table anyway. We were surprised that prices had gone up by 20% and that could explain why the place was quiet. Food was excellent though overpriced and service was commendable despite the lackthereof.  The wine list however, was nothing short of pathetic, especially for a French brasserie - they ran out of champagne, most wine were not available and the wine that they will serve by the glass, they would not sell by the bottle even though it's on the menu. Very disappointing and unlikely to return. Judging by the state of the brasserie, others probably have the same view.

Must tries: Duck Confit, Sole meunière

After Work, Quiet

Ro Lex
 • 01 Aug 2014 14 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Despite fairly good reviews, my recent dining experience fell short of expectations. They got one order wrong and my steak was undercooked and had to be sent back to the chef. Having said that, thumbs up for the ambience which was reminiscent of a typical Parisian Brasserie.

Chester Chua
 • 19 Jul 2014 14 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Ambience is nice. Food is average, but waaaaaaaaay overpriced. You can get much better food at way lower prices at other restaurants in town.

For an example, take a look at the salad I ordered. It's literally three pieces of Romaine lettuce drizzled with some vinaigrette. It cost me $14. I could have done this at home for $2, or paid $14 for a really huge salad with plenty of toppings somewhere.

In short: stay away.