Back to Balzac Brasserie#01-01, Rendezvous Hotel, 9 Bras Basah Road
ArcticStar
 • 22 Feb 2014 296 reviews 2 followers
Overall
I love French food - gourmet or not - I love the dainty portions artfully arranged on huge plates, the delectable food items exotically prepared, and the enchanting settings of French restaurants. Which was why when my good pal Damien* suggested going for dinner at Balzac Brasserie Restaurant  I instantly agreed.

It is a quintessential French restaurant named after the famous French playwright c** novelist Honore de Balzac, furnished in classical French designs that emit strong cultural vibes. French doors, French seats, and friendly wait staff scurry around to attend to the scores of diners filling up the bistro restaurant every night. We loved the semi-romantic, charming setting; our only grudge was that the tables were a tad tiny, especially if we wanted to order many items.

We enjoyed the Lobster Bisque soup - piping hot when it was served, tantalizing in its frothy creaminess, palatable to the tastebuds because of the sweetness of lobster essence, and uniquely served with sauteed mini black Qwheli prawns.

The Duck Leg Confit served with orange sauce and mashed potato made its entrance next. Disappointingly, the skin was not crispy and the mashed potato was so pulpy it was more like thick potato soup. The taste of the duck confit was a strong salty flavor, nothing original - though the meat was quite tough. All I could say was that I have definitely tasted better confits out there.

For more detailed information and photos, please visit:

Must tries: Traditional Dubois Lobster Bisque, Beef Cheek, Duck Confit