Reviews for BarBQ Tonight (Roberts Lane)

3.4

AsianHalalIndianIranianMiddle EasternNorth IndianPakistani
Address: #01-01, Zaman Centre, 3 Roberts Lane, 218285

04 May 2015
Overall

Lamb & garlic naan is good

lamp is good! Oops!! Is lamb grilled is good haha! I love their warm garlic naan too~ good service by Asian chinese guy. Ordered grilled chicken but too salty didn't even ate half. Mixed half grill is good choice for diners of four pax
lamb ribs, Garlic naan

More reviews of BarBQ Tonight

Pretty disappointing

Had heard of this place and wanted to try out this place for its kebabs since a long time. But was totally dissapointed. There was no staff when we walked in. The owner/manager sat on one of the tables but he never took the pain to handle the customers. We went for the buffet but all the food was very salty. The kebabs would have tasted good if salt was less. Even the dal and biryani had lot of salt ( another earlier review also complains about salt ) . I have been to other Pakistani / Nepali / Bangladeshi restaurants but none of them add so much of salt. Food quality and service overall was pretty bad. If you are keen for a buffet , walk to the nearby River walk tandoor. It's much better and lower priced.

BAR B Q TONIGHT CHARGES SERVICE CHARGE FOR TAKEAWAY

Apparently the owner claims there is no way to remove the service charge from the receipt. I find this hard to believe given todays technology.
Management response from BarBQ Tonight, published 01 Jan 2014
Thank you for for pointing out a technical error which we have corrected by removing the service charge from take-away orders. We indeed appreciate customer's feedback which guides us towards constant improvement. Thank u

lunch buffet at Bar B Q

The meat quality is average and variety is limited (less than 10 dishes), but the price is reasonable.

If you are looking for a heavy meal to fill up your stomach fast, then this is a good place for you :)

Have not tried the ala carte menu yet so can't comment.

Dinner Buffet

After watching this eatery gets featured on meat and greed, I wanted to try its meat platter. Unfortunately, the gang whom I went with was more interested in the dinner buffet. So, I had to go along with them, as the platter is for about 4 people.

When I was there, the dishes available in the buffet line were: corn soup, briyani rice, white rice, raisin rice, some orange colour rice with coconut and almond flakes garnish (this rice tasted sweet), small brinjals, very mushed-up veggies, potato with peas and carrots, lamb ribs, fish tikka, ginger chicken, minced chicken, mint chicken, reshmi kebab which resembled the chinese wu xiang, naan, daal, fried chicken wings. dessert was this white colour mashed-up glutinous rice kinda dish.

The naan was pretty good, as it was fresh out of oven. The lamb ribs were really good. Very tender and flavourful. My fav dish of all. I like the reshmi kebab as well.

Overall the food was average. Personally, it wasnt that good to get a tv show to do a feature on it. But then again, I didn't get to try its meat platter. I saw other tables ordering it, and boy, I thought there were enought meat on the plate to serve 6 people.

Space wise, the place can get pretty squeezy, especially when the table behind us were reserved for about 20 people.

Service was average as well. The dinner buffet cost $25 nett.