Reviews for BarBQ Tonight (Roberts Lane)

3.6

AsianHalalIndianIranianMiddle EasternNorth IndianPakistani

Book a Table

xiu ling

Dinner Buffet

After watching this eatery gets featured on meat and greed, I wanted to try its meat platter. Unfortunately, the gang whom I went with was more interested in the dinner buffet. So, I had to go along with them, as the platter is for about 4 people.

When I was there, the dishes available in the buffet line were: corn soup, briyani rice, white rice, raisin rice, some orange colour rice with coconut and almond flakes garnish (this rice tasted sweet), small brinjals, very mushed-up veggies, potato with peas and carrots, lamb ribs, fish tikka, ginger chicken, minced chicken, mint chicken, reshmi kebab which resembled the chinese wu xiang, naan, daal, fried chicken wings. dessert was this white colour mashed-up glutinous rice kinda dish.

The naan was pretty good, as it was fresh out of oven. The lamb ribs were really good. Very tender and flavourful. My fav dish of all. I like the reshmi kebab as well.

Overall the food was average. Personally, it wasnt that good to get a tv show to do a feature on it. But then again, I didn't get to try its meat platter. I saw other tables ordering it, and boy, I thought there were enought meat on the plate to serve 6 people.

Space wise, the place can get pretty squeezy, especially when the table behind us were reserved for about 20 people.

Service was average as well. The dinner buffet cost $25 nett.

07 Oct 2013 • 1 review • 0 follower

BAR B Q TONIGHT CHARGES SERVICE CHARGE FOR TAKEAWAY

Overall
Apparently the owner claims there is no way to remove the service charge from the receipt. I find this hard to believe given todays technology.
The management of BarBQ Tonight responded to this review:
01 Jan 2014
Thank you for for pointing out a technical error which we have corrected by removing the service charge from take-away orders. We indeed appreciate customer's feedback which guides us towards constant improvement. Thank u
08 Aug 2012 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

lunch buffet at Bar B Q

Overall
The meat quality is average and variety is limited (less than 10 dishes), but the price is reasonable.

If you are looking for a heavy meal to fill up your stomach fast, then this is a good place for you :)

Have not tried the ala carte menu yet so can't comment.

24 Jun 2012 • 28 reviews • 0 follower

Dinner Buffet

Overall

Service was average as well. The dinner buffet cost $25 nett.

Similar Listings