Barbacoa has closed.

AmericanBarbecueSteak and GrillsWestern
Address: #02-39/40, City Square Mall, 180 Kitchener Road, 208539
05 Aug 2013

Deserves more business

I'm here at lunchtime and I'm the only customer here despite the restaurant giving out 5 dollars meal vouchers. Initially I was a bit concerned about the quality of the food but it's unexpectedly good. So why is Astons downstairs packed when this restaurant is offering free soup, dessert and 5 dollars discount with no service charge?!

My bill after discount for grilled dory fish with a coffee is only 7.50.

More reviews of Barbacoa

Not fully cooked chicken

The food was not really fantastic as per reviewed...
Ordered their fried chicken cutlet with curry dip, it was NOT FULLY COOKED (Chunks of Raw parts) and its extremely oily! Informed the server and he didnt apologize about it.

My friend ordered fried chicken in rosemary sauce and was not up to expectation (Not well marinated, a frozen taste and very oily)
Overall it doesnt taste good and was not appealing!

Eventhough the price was reasonable but i will not be back again.

Quite a find...

Shopping nearby and read that Barbacoa got a good review so we popped over for lunch.

Our meal started with:

1) Cream of corn soup - it tasted freshly made, with bits of corn in it still. Nice

2) Traditional nacho - generous serving with cheese and salsa sauce to make it taste good

3) Ribs with Asian Sambal sauce - I found the meat tender but slight on the dry side. I wished for more Sambal sauce for that 'wetter' look and tase. Otherwise, it's good tasting.

Our meal is topped with a complimentary ice cream. Sweet ending. :) Best part of the meal is that for a place who doesn't charge service charge, their service is actually pretty darn solid!!!

We won't come all the way down but if in the area, sure.

Overall

great value for money set meals

went there on 3 march,the restaurant was packed and there is a queue outside the restaurant,was curious and went to try the food,i order the pork ribs and was suprised that the taste is soft and tender and the honey sauce goes well with the sauce,definately will visit again

Great food.

I ordered the lamb rack.

It was great.

The spices that was used was just right.

No service charge but prevailing GST.