Back to Barbacoa#02-39/40, City Square Mall, 180 Kitchener Road

Randomlee
 • 28 Sep 2013 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The food was not really fantastic as per reviewed...
Ordered their fried chicken cutlet with curry dip, it was NOT FULLY COOKED (Chunks of Raw parts) and its extremely oily! Informed the server and he didnt apologize about it.

My friend ordered fried chicken in rosemary sauce and was not up to expectation (Not well marinated, a frozen taste and very oily)
Overall it doesnt taste good and was not appealing!

Eventhough the price was reasonable but i will not be back again.

• Notice how oily it is!
  • Chunks of Raw parts
  • Notice how oily it is!
  • Chunks of Raw parts

Tony Koh
 • 05 Aug 2013 3 reviews 3 followers
Overall
I'm here at lunchtime and I'm the only customer here despite the restaurant giving out 5 dollars meal vouchers. Initially I was a bit concerned about the quality of the food but it's unexpectedly good. So why is Astons downstairs packed when this restaurant is offering free soup, dessert and 5 dollars discount with no service charge?!

My bill after discount for grilled dory fish with a coffee is only 7.50.

Princess J
 • 24 Jun 2012 383 reviews 13 followers
Overall
Shopping nearby and read that Barbacoa got a good review so we popped over for lunch.

Our meal started with:

1) Cream of corn soup - it tasted freshly made, with bits of corn in it still. Nice

2) Traditional nacho - generous serving with cheese and salsa sauce to make it taste good

3) Ribs with Asian Sambal sauce - I found the meat tender but slight on the dry side. I wished for more Sambal sauce for that 'wetter' look and tase. Otherwise, it's good tasting.

Our meal is topped with a complimentary ice cream. Sweet ending. :) Best part of the meal is that for a place who doesn't charge service charge, their service is actually pretty darn solid!!!

We won't come all the way down but if in the area, sure.

Lunch, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Vibrant/Noisy