Reviews for Barossa (Holland Village)

2.5

AustralianBeerWine
Address: 22 Lorong Mambong, 277681

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Great Steaks!

Had the chance for a quiet dinner with friends finally and they dragged me here, claiming the best steak in town! Well, honestly I was not disappointed, really good steaks here! Ordered the Rib Eye steak and loved it to bits.

All in all, service wasn't great but well, the food makes up for everything. A tad pricey but well you pay for what you get I suppose. Will come back for sure for gatherings.
• 15 Mar 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Poor value for money

Overall
Nice location and ambiance but boy the service is poor. No cutlery napkins and a simple ice tea takes half an hour. Self service is the way to go :) The steak is nice but the sauces that come with it make you wonder whether they came from the previous guests. And 20 sing for a glass of sauv is well er interesting .... Not coming back anytime soon. Kudos to the one staff serving the whole plac!!
• 24 Jan 2015 • 16 reviews • 0 follower

Great Steaks!

• 29 Oct 2014 • 8 reviews • 0 follower

Disappointing

Overall
The service was awful. Firstly it was impossible to get in touch with the restaurant by phone. I called at least 7 times in a 2 week period during times where the restaurant would have been open and no one answered.

I know that the restaurant was busy but it was impossible to get the attention of the staff. I had to keep walking up to the bar to speak to the staff who kept congregating there just to get cutlery or some sauces. Some of the staff members were also very contradictory. One person told my Buddhist friend who can't eat beef that they were not serving ala carte and the other told him that it was fine. It ended up being quite a fiasco to order.

It was also not clear what the different cuts of meat were which made it hard to order more food. We were orally told which cuts were which but when the second round of food came, it tasted completely different. So either someone was mistaken or the meats are just very inconsistent.

Also when they served us the first round, they did not ask how we wanted the beef done. We ended up with an assortment of medium rare and well done. When we ordered a second round we tried to specify but my roast beef ended up well done instead of medium rare anyway.

It also drives me insane when restaurants that serve alcohol refuse to serve tap water. I had a cider but was still thirsty. We ended up quenching our thirst at the nearby 7-11 for a more reasonable  price. It was a shame too. If we were less thirsty we may have stayed for dessert.

Ultimately it's fine for a $35 groupon deal but considering the service and the inconsistent food, I don't think it's worth $55.

Need a table now? Book these restaurants in less than 2 minutes