Reviews for Barossa (Holland Village)

2.5

AustralianBeerWine
Address: 22 Lorong Mambong, 277681

09 Dec 2015

Grilled Meats at Barossa Holland Village

I’d passed by Barossa many times throughout the years but never really thought to try them out. But as one of the finalists for the Best Gastropub for the Epicurean Star Awards 2015, it was finally time to give it a go.

We started things off with a Forest Mushroom Soup ($10) which was simple and satisfactory.

We also ordered the Char-grilled King Prawns ($33) marinated in Thai spice and served on shaved fennel and grapefruit salad. This is a rather refreshing dish with succulent, firm prawns. It’s great if you want a relatively healthy light main course.

But the thing I was most curious about was how they did their meats. We ordered the Rib Eye Tasting Platter ($78) to get a sample of the cuts of meats on offer.

The sampler includes a Tajima 100% Wagyu 500 Days, Grain-fed Rib Eye Steak Marble Score 6/7 (120g) and a Grainge Australian Angus 150 Days Grain-fed Rib Eye (150g)

The meat was done well in general since we asked for them medium rare. There was a delicious char on the outside and the meat was soft, tender and juicy on the inside. My personal favourite was the soft Tajima Wagyu and the aged Grainge Australian Angus. Definitely share the platter though to make space for the desserts!

First up, the Cinnamon Honey Apple Crumble ($10) with berries served with ice-cream.
The warm apple filling was well-cooked, not too soft and not too sweet but I felt like the dessert would’ve done better with some vanilla ice-cream instead. Nothing too spectacular here, but I really enjoyed our next dessert pick – the Molten Flourless Chocolate Cake ($12).

Ooh this one i loved. It had a perfectly warm, molten centre that just oozed out onto the plate, melting into the cold chocolate ice-cream. This went wonderfully with the caramelised nuts and berries on the side. It was tough to stop.

Barossa is quite a relaxed, laidback place to hang out with friends over some grilled meats and beers. While there was nothing exceptional about the food, the staff were warm, friendly and they have ‘live’ music on some weeknights as well.

-- angelalimaq.com

Ribeye Tasting Platter

More reviews of Barossa

Really bad service

We live in the vicinity of Holland Village and frequented Barossa often. But I think we finally had enough of the poor services. The waitress got 2 items out of 3 of our orders wrong. After I handed over the leftover steak (carefully trimmed and left nice and clean on a plate by itself) and specifically asked for it to be wrapped to go, they threw it away (found out only when I checked with them for the second time) Service was extremely slow and it was hard to get the attention of waitress and an order of beer in. There are many other good restaurants serving good steak nearby. We are done with Barossa

For beef lovers

For full review, please visit https://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2014/09/09/barossa-holland-village/

Who’s in for a beef buffet?! The beef prime cuts include wagyu D rump, australian prime rib, australian ribeye, roast beef and braised beef cheek. Free flow beef so you can dump as much as you want into your tummy all at the price of $35/pax. (Groupon deal)

Side dishes like barossa salad, creamed spinach, sauteed mushrooms, mashed potatoes and roasted tomatoes with cheese are free flow as well.

There are four sauces to choose from – truffle bearnaise, wild mushroom cream, blue cheese sauce and red wine sauce. My personal favourite is the red wine sauce.

A pretty good deal if you’re a meat and beef lover!

Poor value for money

Nice location and ambiance but boy the service is poor. No cutlery napkins and a simple ice tea takes half an hour. Self service is the way to go :) The steak is nice but the sauces that come with it make you wonder whether they came from the previous guests. And 20 sing for a glass of sauv is well er interesting .... Not coming back anytime soon. Kudos to the one staff serving the whole plac!!

Great Steaks!

Had the chance for a quiet dinner with friends finally and they dragged me here, claiming the best steak in town! Well, honestly I was not disappointed, really good steaks here! Ordered the Rib Eye steak and loved it to bits.

All in all, service wasn't great but well, the food makes up for everything. A tad pricey but well you pay for what you get I suppose. Will come back for sure for gatherings.