Reviews for Barossa (Holland Village)

AustralianBeerWine
lls003

Okay experience

Service isn't so great. I asked for warm water but apparently they don't serve hot water...? you served coffee so I'm pretty sure you have hot water. it's just a matter of whether or not you wanna add in, I don't mind paying. well, we pressed on and asked another server who asked the kitchen and managed to get that for us, kudos to him :) we ordered rib-eye steak which has 4 different types of interesting sauces so that's an eye-opener :) we ordered truffle fries which did not have much truffles with it and it came with thick-cut style. Dessert was chocolate lava cake with a pretty tasty ice cream. Ambience was so so. Overall, total bill was pricey, paid $40 for each person. Nonetheless, it was still an okay experience.
29 Oct 2014 • 8 reviews • 0 follower

Disappointing

The service was awful. Firstly it was impossible to get in touch with the restaurant by phone. I called at least 7 times in a 2 week period during times where the restaurant would have been open and no one answered.

I know that the restaurant was busy but it was impossible to get the attention of the staff. I had to keep walking up to the bar to speak to the staff who kept congregating there just to get cutlery or some sauces. Some of the staff members were also very contradictory. One person told my Buddhist friend who can't eat beef that they were not serving ala carte and the other told him that it was fine. It ended up being quite a fiasco to order.

It was also not clear what the different cuts of meat were which made it hard to order more food. We were orally told which cuts were which but when the second round of food came, it tasted completely different. So either someone was mistaken or the meats are just very inconsistent.

Also when they served us the first round, they did not ask how we wanted the beef done. We ended up with an assortment of medium rare and well done. When we ordered a second round we tried to specify but my roast beef ended up well done instead of medium rare anyway.

It also drives me insane when restaurants that serve alcohol refuse to serve tap water. I had a cider but was still thirsty. We ended up quenching our thirst at the nearby 7-11 for a more reasonable  price. It was a shame too. If we were less thirsty we may have stayed for dessert.

Ultimately it's fine for a $35 groupon deal but considering the service and the inconsistent food, I don't think it's worth $55.
26 Oct 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

playing cat and mouse to order

Horrible horrible service. Began with when They messed up my reservation. Took them 30mins before they said they couldn't sit us. We ended up at the bar and made to wait close to an hour. Got thirsty but Waiters purposely ignore u. It's a game of cat and mouse to order. Really a pity cos the food would have been good
22 Oct 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower