Tue - Sun: 12:00 - 14:00
Tue - Sun: 18:00 - 22:00
The highlight of this Italian steakhouse at Mohamed Sultan Road is the Bistecca Fiorentina, a massive 1.2kg piece of Australian wagyu. Those who avoid beef will be glad that the restaurant also has a selection of pastas and non beef dishes.
See other reviews at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com
For a steakhouse, the pastas were flawless. You'll be remiss if you didn't try them. That said, the steaks were a must-try, get the bone-in steaks to share if you've got at least 4 persons in your group.
Service was upbeat, attentive and warm. Our water glasses were never left parched, and the wait staff sported wide grins with a twinkle in their eyes.
1) Coniglio ($25) - tagliatelle tossed in a full-bodied rabbit ragout, mixed mushrooms and pancetta: exquisite. I love bunnies (as you can well tell from my moniker), but wowoweewa, this was truly glorious. It's a little difficult to feel guilty when this was so awesomely good.
2) Risotto al Tartufo ($35) with porcini, parmesan and generously littered with black truffle shavings: intoxicatingly delicious, creamy, and wonderfully comforting.
3) Fiorentina Manzo ($188): a massive 1.1 kg wagyu-holstein T-bone, and incredibly tender and juicy. I loved its full-bodied decadence, and beautiful charring
4) Asparagi ($15): perfectly grilled asparagus sticks imbued with a heady smoky aroma
5) Gnocchi e Funghi ($13): a mushroom medley with chewy potato gnocchi, and tossed with butter and thyme, was unfortunately laced with parsley despite instructions to hold all said herb off. Good thing we had a parsley lover in our midst or we'd have sent it back
Located at mohamad sultan road usually people would associate it with just clubbing or just boost but looking closer along this street you would be able to find many gems.
This place focuses on italian cusine and it really brings me back to italy. the authencity and the quality, i sometimes wonder how fresh the meat can get!
you can start by getting a stracciatella salad with stone fruit and vegetable, risotto al tartufo and Bistecca's signature wagyu or grass fed 'john stone' irish angus cross. a meal would not be complete without desserts. you would try the gelato con rabarbaro e fragole
We visited as a family dinner for 3 of us and we ordered some appetizers and just 1 Steak and 2 side dishes as a main course. For us it was plenty of meat perfectly prepared according to our wish. All the dishes where prepared nicely, fresh and with good taste. Maybe the service is not as 'exclusive' but we found it 'real' attentive and suitable for the restaurant envirement. A very traditional Singapore shophouse with a choice to eat outdoor and the main door is open (means it is not a ice cold aircon place) what some, like me, may appreciate.
Yes, it is not a low priced dinner after all but you excellent quality of the meal in a fantastic place; for a special day or reason certainly a place to visit again!
Horrible Service. Tried to up sell everything. Annoying waiter kept asking us if we were sure about our orders and whether we wanted more food (repeatedly). Forgot our orders, management did not apologise. Waiter repeatedly asked if the food was okay despite us telling him it was okay ("are you sure? are you sure?") there wasn't a genuine concern about our experience. The manner he asked suggested that we were lying to him. frankly, we did not owe him a response. we simply wanted to eat and leave at that point. None of the staff made contact or thank us as we left the restaurant, likely because we did not tip them - and rightfully so.