Summary

Florentina steak, Costata, Buratta, Bruschetta, Panna Cotta, Angel hair with sea urchins and bottarga, Grilled bone marrow, Home cured meats, Insalata di pomodori, burrata, prosciutto e rucola, Lemon Lime and Bitters, Pappardelle con ragout di wagyu, Ribeye, Rump Steak, Zuppa di rabarbaro e fragole con gelato allo yougurt View all
Business Dining, Dinner, After Work, Anniversary, Boys Night Out, Fine Dining, Romance/First Dates, Wine Lists, Corporate Events, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Birthdays, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Nice Deco, Private Dining, Vibrant/Noisy, Chillout, Formal Events, Girls Night Out, Supper, Relaxed, Hidden Find, Large Groups, Night Out, Parties, Trendy View all

If you're a MAN craving MEAT, Bistecca's a MUST.

Visiting from Shanghai and went here at my friends' recommendation. They didn't have the double-cuts, so we settled for the Grass-fed Angus Boneless Ribeye and Signature Wagyu-Holstein MS6+ Costata as well as their Pasta coi ricci and a a plethora of sides. I'll be honest, I've had my share of great steaks (Roosevelts in Shanghai), and what we had was hands down the best steak ever! My only regret was having had a late lunch at Tiong Bahru Market so I couldn't eat MORE!!! We did retire to the outdoor patio for dessert (Tiramisu, Gelato, Profiterol), all of which was standard tasty italian fare.
If you're looking to celebrate a special occasion, or just passing through and have a meat craving, Bistecca's the place for you!

Most helpful reviews for Bistecca Tuscan Steakhouse

Expensive, but still the best steak in Singapore

Moving here from London, it was hard to give up great steaks cooked properly (e.g. in a Josper grill). When you see how packed Goodman's is even on weeknights, you wonder why Singapore doesn't have an equivalent. Even places that supposedly specialize in steak (Bedrock Bar & Grill, I'm thinking about you) serve desperately thin, small pieces of meat, cooked at too low heat, without much flavour...

...until Bistecca came along. Not quite a Josper grill, it's more the giant flame around the meat kind of place, but the effect is the same.

Go for the costata, not the bistecca - it's tastier, softer and takes better to that method of cooking. Medium will keep it nice and red on the bone whilst ensuring the fat will actually melt into the rest of the meat and you'll get a nice crust. No information on what beef it is, but it definitely has enough flavour to be worth the 180++. A costata should feed three.

The only issue I have with the place is the high priced wine list. I think there are only 2 bottles below 90++.

Nice atmosphere inside suitable for a business occasion or a date, but I still prefer sitting outdoors between the cypresses after the sun has set.

Pappardelle stole the show

People like me, who spend evenings salivating over slices of parma ham, delectable saffron cheese, and homemade Tuscan bread, often dream of escaping to a certain kind of Italian restaurant. A restaurant that is a neighborly place, tucked in an old shophouse, where waiters aren’t excessively fawning and the food feels lovingly prepared. A place that is posh, yet unpretentious, without any of those art deco hanging from the ceiling. It’s a restaurant, in other words, where one would be happy to lose themselves in the selection of authentic Italian food when the craving hits.  We ordered a selection of Tuscan fare - each more amazing than the last. I loved the "Thick pappardelle with waygu beef ragout" the best, and would have ordered another plate or two if my waistline would have allowed. The homemade pasta was simply amazing - perfectly al-dente, smooth and slid down my throat. Twirled with the waygu beef ragout, saffron cheese and mushrooms - it was comforting and lovingly prepared. Just a plate of that made the dining experience unforgettable. Truly Italian fare at its best.   Before the heftier courses arrive, I'll recommend indulging in the beautifully prepared Bone Marrow - simple, melt-in-your-mouth goodness, with robust flavours. Even the sides - we ordered grilled asparagus and roasted potatoes with Tuscan herbs - were made brilliantly.  We were glad to have discovered this wonderfully old-fashioned Italian restaurant, with friendly service, and impeccable dishes. Certainly worth a visit if hearty Italian food is in order.

Surprisingly awesome pastas

See other reviews at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com

For a steakhouse, the pastas were flawless. You'll be remiss if you didn't try them. That said, the steaks were a must-try, get the bone-in steaks to share if you've got at least 4 persons in your group.

Service was upbeat, attentive and warm. Our water glasses were never left parched, and the wait staff sported wide grins with a twinkle in their eyes.
 We had:

1) Coniglio ($25) - tagliatelle tossed in a full-bodied rabbit ragout, mixed mushrooms and pancetta: exquisite. I love bunnies (as you can well tell from my moniker), but wowoweewa, this was truly glorious. It's a little difficult to feel guilty when this was so awesomely good.

2) Risotto al Tartufo ($35) with porcini, parmesan and generously littered with black truffle shavings: intoxicatingly delicious, creamy, and wonderfully comforting.

3) Fiorentina Manzo ($188): a massive 1.1 kg wagyu-holstein T-bone, and incredibly tender and juicy. I loved its full-bodied decadence, and beautiful charring

4) Asparagi ($15): perfectly grilled asparagus sticks imbued with a heady smoky aroma

5) Gnocchi e Funghi ($13): a mushroom medley with chewy potato gnocchi, and tossed with butter and thyme, was unfortunately laced with parsley despite instructions to hold all said herb off. Good thing we had a parsley lover in our midst or we'd have sent it back

Pricey but worth it!

Located at mohamad sultan road usually people would associate it with just clubbing or just boost but looking closer along this street you would be able to find many gems.
This place focuses on italian cusine and it really brings me back to italy. the authencity and the quality, i sometimes wonder how fresh the meat can get!
you can start by getting a stracciatella salad with stone fruit and vegetable, risotto al tartufo and Bistecca's signature wagyu or grass fed 'john stone' irish angus cross. a meal would not be complete without desserts. you would try the gelato con rabarbaro e fragole

A Place to visit again

We visited as a family dinner for 3 of us and we ordered some appetizers and just 1 Steak and 2 side dishes as a main course. For us it was plenty of meat perfectly prepared according to our wish. All the dishes where prepared nicely, fresh and with good taste. Maybe the service is not as 'exclusive' but we found it 'real' attentive and suitable for the restaurant envirement. A very traditional Singapore shophouse with a choice to eat outdoor and the main door is open (means it is not a ice cold aircon place) what some, like me, may appreciate.
Yes, it is not a low priced dinner after all but you excellent quality of the meal in a fantastic place; for a special day or reason certainly a place to visit again!