Back to Botejyu San#04-01, Plaza Singapura, 260 Orchard Road

runningman
 • 14 Apr 2013 319 reviews 54 followers
Full Botejyu San review here

A Okonomiyaki is a traditional Japanese savoury pancake, that is made with flour, filled with your choice of ingredients, and wrapped with egg. Their Okonomiyaki With Squid, Shrimp, Scallops was grilled nicely, and the sauce art was beautifully done. The seafood was fresh, and well portioned throughout.

The Chicken Steak Garlic Rice had a nice savoury and salty taste to the rice, which looked like it had absorbed the sauce and stock it was cooked in. Fragrant and flavourful. But I thought they could have given more pieces of chicken.

Ambience at Botejyu San is rather dull and understated, though they do offer a good view of the surrounding parks. Lights are dim, and furniture is rather cramped and dated. Botejyu San is also tucked away in a corner of the mall, and not easily spotted when passing by.

Ala Carte, Romance/First Dates, View/Scenery
  • Seasonal Fruit Tart / Mixed Fruit Tart
  • Okonomiyaki With Squid, Shrimp, Scallops
  • Seasonal Fruit Tart / Mixed Fruit Tart
  • Okonomiyaki With Squid, Shrimp, Scallops

Gwee Xinli 974
 • 16 Sep 2012 3 reviews 14 followers
Overall
I ordered cheesy hamburger curry rice (i think thats the name) with a meal - soup plus potato salad and a dessert.

The hamburger patty was not the indelible juicy kind. But its pretty satisfying and the combination of slightly cheese, the taste of the patty, curry and tomato rice was excellent. As a fan of potato salad, I liked the potato salad too though the salad might have those perfume-like vegetables. But i had only one slice of that in my salad so it might be there by mistake. The soup was hearty too. Overall, yum. And I will return for the same dishes.

Must tries: Cheesy Hamburger Curry Rice, Mango Fruit Tart

Cheap Eat/Budget, Lunch, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, After Work, Chillout, View/Scenery

Nicholas T
 • 14 May 2012 1 review 0 follower
Overall
My friends were feeling "adventurous" and wanted to try this place. My expectations weren't high as it was relatively empty during lunch on a Saturday. One can usually tell the quality of the food served at a Japanese restaurant from the quality of the tea they serve. This tea was not good.

We had to wait 45 minutes for our food to arrive when there were only 4-5 other diners. The Filipino servers here were rather mean-looking and tend to slam the food on your tables as they bring it to you.

Took my first bite of the Moonlight Okonomiyaki without any sauce to savour what it's like, and it reminded me of a soggy sour milk pancake with rancid ccabbage in it. Thought it might have been a fluke and proceeded to try the Mochi Oko we'd ordered, but the results were similarly bad. I guess that explains why they're so generous with the worcestershire-mayo sauce dressing.

My friend was also quite disappointed with her Yakisoba, which was really greasy and way overdone, topped with rubbery slices of chicken that tasted "weird". The Prawn Mayo might as well have been named Tiny Prawns in thick overfried Batter, yet somehow was not crispy at all. What a total ripoff this place is.

Quiet