Back to Cafe Brunetti#01-35, Tanglin Mall, 163 Tanglin Road

Alfresco/Outdoor Dining5 votes

runningman
 • 02 Jun 2014 319 reviews 54 followers
Overall
Full Brunetti Cafe review here: http://ivanteh-runningman.blogspot.sg/2014/06/brunetti-cafe.html

Brunetti Cafe is known for their vast array of pretty looking, absolutely delicious desserts of French, Italian and American origin, as well as their use of high quality, premium ingredients in their preparation.

Brunetti Cafe brings together a luscious array of everything Italian in an enticing café space - a Gelateria, Cioccolateria, and Pasticceria. This all-in-one concept features a brightly lit, casual seating cafe, with both indoor and outdoor ambience. I especially love their huge dessert display case, with their colourful, mouth watering gelatos, macarons, cakes and pastries!

Service at Brunetti Cafe is semi self-service, with ordering and payment done at the counter, though staff will serve orders to your table. I find staff to be friendly and professional, knowledgable in recommendations and the vast array of items on offer, as well as alert and quick to respond.

Because Brunetti Cafe is an Italian style cafe, the majority of dishes and desserts are primarily Italian, though there is also a small selection of French and American style dishes / desserts. Generally, I find food / desserts here to be of very high quality, using fresh ingredients, and prepared with good skill from the chef. Prices naturally, are slightly high as compared to other cafes, but I'm willing to pay a little more for the quality!

With over 25 different flavours of Gelato freshly made daily, ice cream lovers are spoilt for choice. Ranging from traditional flavours, to quirky creations like the Hello Kitty Ice Cream (SGD $6.50 Small), all the gelato here is made with premium high quality ingredients.

I absolutely adore the Italian Hot Chocolate (SGD $6.50) here! Very thick and dense, yet smooth texture, the drink is rich and deep with the intense flavour of chocolate. I got mine without whipped cream for the pure chocolate flavour, and I daresay this is among the best Hot Chocolate in Singapore!

The Butternut Pumpkin Soup (SGD $8.90) has a velvety smooth texture, and the fresh, creamy taste of butternut pumpkin. Love the aromatic flavour, and the crisp dipping bread paired well with the hot broth. Utterly satisfying.

Despite the name, Chicken Scaloppini (SGD $19.90) actually refers to the Italian cooking method of thinly sliced meat that is sauteed, then served in a sauce, not the seafood / shellfish scallops. The meat is tender but still juicy, and the chicken and lemon jus sauce lends a nice tangy, savoury taste without being overpowering. The linguine aglio olio is done to perfect al-dente, with lots of fragrant garlic, and the cherry tomatoes are fresh, bursting with flavour when bitten. Excellent pasta dish!

I loved the Tiramisu Cup (SGD $8.50), done almost in the traditional Italian style. This version is alcoholic, made with coffee liqueur, and has less ladyfinger biscuits than an authentic Tiramisu, with more cream. Still, this is an good rendition, and worth a try.

Wee Jinwen
 • 13 Dec 2013 15 reviews 0 follower
Overall
VISIT http://wp.me/p3qMho-6M FOR FULL REVIEW AND PHOTOS! :-)

I ordered the salmon bagel ($10) and it came freshly toasted, with a slab of cream cheese in the center, like a doughnut ring. How cute! However, my bagel came a good ten minutes or so before the other dishes, so I waited ten excruciating minutes before I could sink my teeth into the sesame-spotted bagel. With each passing minute, thoughts of the bagel getting cold agonized me. I smothered the cube of cream cheese all over the top bagel and boy, was I tempted to devour every single bit of it!

The slices of smoked salmon are thick and orange and simply drool-inducing. The combination of flavours - cream cheese, smoked salmon and spinach, were absolutely divine, making me savor every single bite as the bagel slowly disappeared from my hands. I felt that this was one of the better smoked salmons that I have had, and tried not to envision cold pre-packed salmon bagels being hauled from delivery trucks and then proceeding to the magical microwave oven before being plated before me. I preferred to imagine a chef patiently assembling the bagel layer by layer and filling it with care and love (ha) before presenting it to the waiting customer. Nonetheless, it was a good and healthy meal, and rather affordable too!

Fish and Chips ($17). The fish was fried rather nicely, with the coating of batter being quite tasty, with a crispy and browned exterior. The tartar sauce that came with the fries was lovely and we mopped up every but of sauce with the french fries. The french fries were well fried, and they had better be. After all, any one would be entitled to a full-blown fit if he paid $17 for McDonald's-rate greasy fried potato strips.

My mother's Seafood Aglio Olio ($18) looked a little small-sized, but toss the pasta and you unearth a whole mine of seafood goodies. There were even pieces of codfish in the pasta, which were absolutely divine. My mother enjoyed her pasta tremendously.

The father's Pan-Seared Red Snapper ($19.90) was another winning dish. It was very classy-looking, and the serving of truffle by the side was an delightful surprise. I enjoyed the taste of the snapper and could taste the herbs and spices added in the cooking of the fish. Every bite oozed fishy goodness.

There were two counters-full of gelato, each with exotic flavours of gelato that were in such pretty and tempting hues. We decided on a large cup of Di Prendo, Cappuccino and Extra Dark Chocolate gelatos which set me back $9.50, but was well worth every cent.

Brunetti Pasticceria would probably be the place I would go back to for gelato and maybe the occasional smoked salmon bagel. However, I find that their main meals are a bit over-priced and not really worth top dollar. However, their cake and pastry selection looks very impressive and I may decide to try some one day when I am in need of a sugar rush. If only they offered pastries like these at a buffet...

Must tries: gelato

somoofood
 • 21 Mar 2013 152 reviews 9 followers
Breakfast pics here.

This was the first ever time trying out Brunetti Singapore’s savoury offerings.
Have got to try their decent coffee, a little pricey, it’s nett pricing, it’s Singapore – oh well!
Cappuccino S$6 tasted deep, surprisingly strong.

Sicilian egg Benedicts S$12.90

Sure we know breakfast eggs of all types are hyped up and overpriced anyways, but just got to have it.
So, here it is, on a long toasty slice of sourdough (I presume), and Sicilian ham at the bottom.
Hollandaise sauce was smooth and seasoned well.

Italian Big Breafkast S$14.90

For this big Italian breakfast set, you get to choose how your eggs to be done.
It came with baked beans, herbed sausage and potatoes too.
A hearty one.
Breakfast fare here was quite decent, and we were here before 9am, it was a serene fuel time indeed.