Review for Cafe Brunetti

EuropeanItalianWestern
Wee Jinwen • 13 Dec 2013 • 15 Reviews • 0 Follower

AWESOME GELATO

VISIT http://wp.me/p3qMho-6M FOR FULL REVIEW AND PHOTOS! :-)

I ordered the salmon bagel ($10) and it came freshly toasted, with a slab of cream cheese in the center, like a doughnut ring. How cute! However, my bagel came a good ten minutes or so before the other dishes, so I waited ten excruciating minutes before I could sink my teeth into the sesame-spotted bagel. With each passing minute, thoughts of the bagel getting cold agonized me. I smothered the cube of cream cheese all over the top bagel and boy, was I tempted to devour every single bit of it!

The slices of smoked salmon are thick and orange and simply drool-inducing. The combination of flavours - cream cheese, smoked salmon and spinach, were absolutely divine, making me savor every single bite as the bagel slowly disappeared from my hands. I felt that this was one of the better smoked salmons that I have had, and tried not to envision cold pre-packed salmon bagels being hauled from delivery trucks and then proceeding to the magical microwave oven before being plated before me. I preferred to imagine a chef patiently assembling the bagel layer by layer and filling it with care and love (ha) before presenting it to the waiting customer. Nonetheless, it was a good and healthy meal, and rather affordable too!

Fish and Chips ($17). The fish was fried rather nicely, with the coating of batter being quite tasty, with a crispy and browned exterior. The tartar sauce that came with the fries was lovely and we mopped up every but of sauce with the french fries. The french fries were well fried, and they had better be. After all, any one would be entitled to a full-blown fit if he paid $17 for McDonald's-rate greasy fried potato strips.

My mother's Seafood Aglio Olio ($18) looked a little small-sized, but toss the pasta and you unearth a whole mine of seafood goodies. There were even pieces of codfish in the pasta, which were absolutely divine. My mother enjoyed her pasta tremendously.

The father's Pan-Seared Red Snapper ($19.90) was another winning dish. It was very classy-looking, and the serving of truffle by the side was an delightful surprise. I enjoyed the taste of the snapper and could taste the herbs and spices added in the cooking of the fish. Every bite oozed fishy goodness.

There were two counters-full of gelato, each with exotic flavours of gelato that were in such pretty and tempting hues. We decided on a large cup of Di Prendo, Cappuccino and Extra Dark Chocolate gelatos which set me back $9.50, but was well worth every cent.

Brunetti Pasticceria would probably be the place I would go back to for gelato and maybe the occasional smoked salmon bagel. However, I find that their main meals are a bit over-priced and not really worth top dollar. However, their cake and pastry selection looks very impressive and I may decide to try some one day when I am in need of a sugar rush. If only they offered pastries like these at a buffet...
gelato