Review for Buffet Town (Raffles City)

2.5

AsianChineseEuropeanInternationalItalianJapaneseLocalSingaporeanThaiWestern
Address: #B1-44E, Raffles City Shopping Centre, 252 North Bridge Road, 179103
20 Jul 2014
Overall

Not a place that i would go back to again, has variety, doesn't have quality

Food: 3 (Variety is "vast" but food taste is nothing impressive at all)
Atmosphere: 3 (No clear instructions on what to do, confusing, not too attentive staff)

Price: 2 (Extremely overpriced for the standard of food honestly)

Accessibility: 3 (Near MRT, doesn't mean you will get in though)
 Overall: 2.75 (A barely passable score. I'll put it bluntly, I have no reason to go back there to eat ever again and even if my friends were to suggest it I probably would tell them that there are other places to eat compared to this place. Nonetheless it is still ok to eat on a weekday lunch if you really have no where else to go. I have absolutely zero reasons to eat a weekend dinner there though. Keep your expectations low if you are going there and maybe just try to convince yourself that you are there for variety)

Read the full review on

More reviews of Buffet Town

Buffet experience

Buffet town offers a wide variety of seafood for buffet which is one of the thing that attracts me to eat eat buffet at buffet town. One of the hot selling point are the fresh oysters which they are refilling on a very fast basis. All their food tasted okay for me which did not fall below expectations. A great place to bring your family along to have a nice buffet with lots of food and everyone can enjoy a good family dining experience together. I would recommend this place as a dining place for family people.

Bad food

Came here on a Wednesday evening to have dinner after seeing long queues at Sushi Tei.

Spread looked good at first.

But in summary, the food was not fresh and not tasty.

First, the good points. The cold steamed prawns were fresh and crunchy. Salmon sashimi was ok as well, though a little bit chewy. Laksa was decent.

Moving on.

The oysters were not fresh and looked cloudy with lots of particulates in them. Scallop was bad too (heard neigjbouring table said that so didnt try). Tempura was not crisp and the outer deep fried surface was very hard.

Chilly crab seemed like they were boiled before adding on the chilly paste. We noticed that when we cracked open the shell, water was flowing out. The sauce was bland too.

Lastly the ice cream (tried mango and yuzu) tasted like frozen sugar syrup.

Spent about 87 for 2 pax including taxes.

Felt it was a place which tries to offer some variety but falls short of meeting good quality.

If you have a choice, don't bother coming!

Worst buffet in town

Lots of food variety but none taste what it should be. Food is either too dry or cold or saltish. It is the shortest buffet time I had with my family and definitely my family and me shall never or recommend to friends to visit. The main problems are with the many chefs whom need supervision and close watch. My rating is zero.

First and last time

The place looks good outside but empty inside. What is a buffet with limited selection of food? This is the first time I opened more than 5 covers and find only sauce and/or no food inside and food was not apealing at all. Homemade bread with cheese is tastier than the pizzas there. Most hot food is cold and there was no replenishment at all. It was 1pm when we reached and we left before 2pm. This is the fastest buffet that we ever have. This will be the first and last time we will eat there.

Review

This is my first visit to buffet town. Some of the food taste very ordinary and some were really bad.. the quality standard of the food is not there. Quite disappointed. Paid $43 per person. It's not worth the price. The desserts are very limited. However, service of the staff are good though.