Honey cake4 votes
Nice Deco3 votes

My Chef Doeuvre
 • 16 Feb 2014 10 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Click on this link for a better scoop! http://mychefdoeuvre.com/2014/02/01/buyan-russian-restaurant-caviar-bar/

I wandered in only because I had been along that street for SABIO, a Spanish tapas bar. I spotted Buyan and thought, "Mmm, how exotic, a Russian resto. Perhaps it's time to see if Singapore has good Borscht soup after all." And here at Buyan I did.

Apart from being on the pricey side, the place does well in terms of ambience and tastes. The menu pickings are interesting and different. Ask too for the bar menu as there are some nice dishes on that that you may not spot in the ala carte menu.

I love the fact that Buyan is actually run by real Russian folks, and in fact, we were served attentively by a lady Russian lady with a Singlish slang, and that added to the fun!

I will be back for more , especially if it's for a romantic date :)

Must tries: borsht

Ala Carte, Anniversary, Birthdays, Dinner, Romance/First Dates

Chris Ludwig
 • 04 Oct 2013 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Though slightly on the pricey side, there's nothing not to like about this restaurant. From the moment you enter you'll notice that this restaurant is a cut above most in Singapore. They've gone to great expense to ensure a rich and lively setting. From the quality furniture to the soothing music to extenisve cllection of Russian drinks and spirits (not surprisingly we particularly enjoyed their vodka) it's hard to find something not to like about this place.

The service rates amongst the best in Singapore. Staff were attentive, polite, and knew when not to bother us.

Really if you want something a bit new and exciting then you can't go wrong here. We've been here half a dozen times and we're planning on going back very soon.

Must tries: Honey cake, Garlic Oven Roasted Chicken, Mango and Chilli Volka, Khachapuri

After Work, Dinner, Nice Deco, Trendy

The Ranting Panda
 • 20 Jul 2013 156 reviews 1 follower
Overall
For a more detailed review and pictures, pls visit www.therantingpanda.wordpress.com

The Place Duxton Hill is one of my favourite food street in Singapore and I am so glad I discovered a quaint Russian restaurant along this street, all thanks to the Palate card which allows diners up to 50% off their dining bill. Buyan joins the ranks of other participating restaurants under the Palate card such as Violet Oon’s Kitchen and Tung Lok Seafood.Personally, I have absolutely no regrets in making my way to Buyan for dinner, as this is easily one of the best dinners I had in Singapore for the longest time.

The Food The Caviar is one of the famous dishes at Buyan but sadly I did not manage to try it that day. However, the food I ordered can be aptly described in three words – awesome, delicious and amazing.

After Work, Dinner, Fine Dining, Hidden Find, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Nice Deco, Private Dining, Quiet, Relaxed, Wine Lists