Summary

Service4
100% Japanese Wagyu, Chocolate souffle, Spinach., wild sautéed mushrooms, Sirloin and fingerling potatoes., maine lobster with black truffle sabayon, Alaskan King Crab & Shrimp "Louis", Australian Angus steak, Double thick iberico pork chop, Fried Peewee Potatoes, Lobster, Show me love, Show me love crouching tiger, Tuna Tartare, US Wagyu Ribeye, USDA prime steaks, bone marrow, crouching tiger, kobe beef, pork belly, tenderloin, tough love, wagyu beef steak View all
Dinner, Fine Dining, Business Dining, Anniversary, Romance/First Dates, Vibrant/Noisy, After Work, Birthdays, Wine Lists, Private Dining, Formal Events, Large Groups/Gathering, Trendy, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Lunch, Nice Deco, People Watching, Ala Carte, Chillout, Night Out View all

Mixed feelings about CUT

We had our anniversary dinner over at CUT on Xmas last year and the food was impeccable though I felt the service was lacking warmth and passion. The US ribeye wagyu was done medium rare which we enjoyed very much, together with the sauteed mushrooms and potato puree. The bone marrow flan is also a must order. Skip the handmade truffle pasta that was bland and boring. I would say go only if you have lots of money to splash, otherwise there are steakhouses out there that offer better value for money! (Ie. Skirt at Sentosa cove) For a full review with pictures, do check: out http://weelovefood.blogspot.sg/2014/03/mixed-feelings-about-cut-by-wolfgang.html

Most helpful reviews for Cut

Possibly the best steakhouse in Singapore

Pictures/Full Review Here

Quick glances through the menu resulted in two particular items calling out to not only me but also N, where we came to the conclusion that since we couldn’t decide which one to order, why not have the best of both worlds! If there’s something that can rival the modern take on cooking steaks using the elusive Josper Grill, CUT does it the traditional way by grilling their meats over apple wood and charcoal, then finishing it off in a 1200 degree broiler. While the differences are slightly discerning with the final end product, the satisfaction and enjoyment you get from each mouthful from these 2 cooking methods are no doubt still mindblowing You dont come across aged beef very often here, probably due to the fact that AVA is still really strict on imported US beef, where majority of local restaurants still primarily use their Australian counterparts which at the same time is a viable alternative and slightly cheaper option. The beauty of aged beef results in a more tender, melt in your mouth slab of steak with a rich and wholesome beefy flavor, a result of the muscle and collagen in the meat begins to change due to the work of certain enzymes which reaches an optimal after 11 days. CUT’s aged USDA prime rib-eye was possibly one of the best steaks I’ve eaten in my life, paired with the classic tangy Bearnaise. Over the past year, I’ve grown to appreciate the finer cuts of Pork, while the craze on wagyu has very much subsided, where if given a choice between pork or beef on the menu, I would opt for the former anyday.

More flamboyant cuts of pork such as the wider known Kurobuta, or Mangalica are renowned for their intense marbling, and when cooked ala plancha , it gives the same satisfaction as having any steak cooked to perfection. The Double thick iberico pork chop was executed superbly where the it retained a pink facade in the center, retaining all its natural juices and moisture. The melt in your mouth effect somewhat left me in dreamland with all the extensive intramuscular fat seamless melt like butter, along with a wonderful charred flavor. The apple compote added a contrasting sweetness to the savoriness of the pork, balancing the overall flavor profile rather well. We opted for also the creamed spinach with fried organic egg ($22++) and theMac & cheese ($18++) for sharing, which I personally felt were on the pricey side. Seeing how superbly CUT took comfort food to a whole new level as the sides were pretty darn amazing, we didn’t really have any complains after all. Another of my dining partner, wanted a steak for himself which prompted the order of the Dry aged Ranger Valley Australian Angus New York Strip 340g ($85++) which was rather impressive as well, tho it the beefiness of it was rather subtle compared to the American counterpart, offering a rather mild sweetness to the meat as an effervescence instead.

Excellent service, excellent food, its no question why Singapore’s most extravagant steakhouse is packed to the brim even on a normal weekday. Move aside Morton’s! CUT has firmly cemented it’s status as the island’s finest steakhouse every since it opened its doors in 2011 at least in my opinion hahaha, offering a similar experience to any of finest steakhouses New York or Chicago has to offer! Now the problem lies where I can’t decide for now whether CUT or BLT is my firm favorite.

Just great steak

This is a great place for that special occasion when you want to indulge yourself or loved ones and you love steak.  The USDA ribeye was sensational, and the Australian Wagyu was not bad either but I loved the USDA.  Now I am not a great steak eater, not by a long shot but that first bite was just incredible.  Really great flavour that shone through.

Appetizers are fine but you could skip them - you won't miss much.  Not that we tried many but given that we tried what was recommended, suffice to say that is not their strong suit.  It was not bad but does not really leave an impression.

Desserts were excellent and the souffle was very good.  A seasonal dessert that was recommended was the apricot fritters which I thought was done very well.  The Cabernet Sauvignon (Jericho Canyon) that was recommended was pretty good and overall the service was quite good.  I would have given it all 5 stars but for two reasons.  One of them was quite helpful but I really had a hard time understanding what was said, and there was a long stretch when nobody attended to us after handing us the dessert menu.  Still, these are minor quibbles - overall the service was friendly, efficient and helpful.

Highly recommended for steak lovers who don't mind paying for quality.

happy birthday to me

It was not an ordinary celebration of human flesh decay but an initiation to my life as an old man. Before I was (happily) on the edge looking in but now (against my will) I have taken the plunge into the shadowy twilight light years of my life and to mark the occasion the ever generous, romantic and kind RB took me to the uber expensive and chic steakhouse CUT @ Marina Bay Sands, it was his way of welcoming me to the club. The starter RB pointed out the veal’s tongue, I was feeling adventurous and just when I was about to order I saw beef tartar and I knew that was the dish for me. Raw is a good word in my foodography, throw me a fish straight from the sea and I will toss the bones right back at you within seconds. When faced with good quality meat the best way to devour it is raw (can I get an Amen around here?) The quail egg was raw too and it gave the beef richness and the gooey texture which I love, served with warm thin crispy bread, dijon mustard and tartar sauce the starter gave me an o***** without the usual white creamy mess. If I was not in a respectable restaurant I will be seen licking the plate in an unglamorous manner. The Steak It was not an easy decision (I soon realised just how little I know my meat) because beef is not just beef in a posh establishment like CUT. First I had to chose the nationality of the cow (Australia, USA or Japan) and than the ‘vintage’ 21 days or 45 days and finally the cut. After some deliberation I decided on the 340g AUS (we figured the air and grass quality are good and fresh in Australia) sirloin steak aged for 45 days. It was grilled to perfection ‘crispy’ on the outside and when I popped them in my mouth it was tender and moist, just the right amount of blood to satisfy the carnivore in me. The Dessert For the life of me I cannot remember the dessert. It was a tri-cross between bread, custard and cake with lots of berries, ice cream and brown sugar thrown in for good measure. I don’t have a sweet tooth but within minutes I was scrapping the bottom of the dessert dish! Non sweet tooth totally and utterly satisfied. The Lube RB was the designated sommelier and to wash down it all down he chose a bottle of red from Italy, Borelo? Borolo? Boralo? I cannot remember but it was very tasty, vino the elixir of life you better believe it. and now please excuse me while I type Botox and skin rejuvenation on google. Happy Birthday to me.

05/03/12 Loved it :-)

I was looking for the perfect place for our 15th anniversary- craving good food for myself and knowing that my husband possesses a purist carnivore palate, my husband had suggested 'Cut'. He had been there with colleagues and clients and had raved.

I researched the alternatives, shortlisted and choose 'Cut'. Prior to booking I couldn't resist to see how others viewed this eatery. I had no inclination to write a review post-celebration but upon trawIing the net for insight I became dubious about our selection ascribed to the lackluster reviews. However once I had personally experienced it for myself, my doubts dissolved 100%- therefore I felt I had to chronicle my findings.

Due to its popularity with the corporate crowd, for some it may not be a quiet romantic enclave they yearn for but the charmingly subdued lighting and tuning out peripheral sounds worked nicely for us.

We were treated wonderfully (royally methinks), served exquisite food and surrounded by a lovely backdrop to boot. Before ordering we were given a detailed culinary description inclusive of a meat display to aid in our selection of cut.

Meals ordered:

Starters-

Warm Veal Tongue, Marinated Artichokes, Cannellini Beans, “Salsa Verde”

Kobe Steak Sashimi, Spicy Radishes, Upland Cress

Mains-

Petit Cut Filet Mignon 170g

New York Sirloin 230g

All I can truly say is that it was..…perfection.

Fantastic Experience , even better Steak

Wow, what a steak. I dined last night and my mouth waters when thinking about it. My wife and I shared a porterhouse steak. It was incredible. Best steak in Singapore and at a minimum top 3 I have ever had. I am rather surprised of other customers comments regarding service. I thought the service was exceptional. In fact, we commented last night on how responsive and proper the staff was. We counted 20 servers just in the front room alone. Steak cuts were brought to our table to help us choose. The staff brought out everything warm, and they were knowledgeable with any questions we had. They would state that the 'chef recommends' and would advise on how to best eat each dish. They carved the porterhouse at our table.

The wine list is great, we settled on a fine Malbec but there was a wide selection. I thought the sides and appetizers were a bit limited (if I am going to eat a big steak, probably prefer not to eat bone marrow, foie gras, and steak tartare before hand), but that is a personal choice.

Dessert was fantastic as well. We will be coming back, albeit not frequently given the high price point. This is still good value for what you are getting, anyone who said it isn't just doesn't know quality when they see it. This will accumulate multiple accolades just wait.