Review for Cut

3.9

AmericanWestern
20 Mar 2014

Mixed feelings about CUT

We had our anniversary dinner over at CUT on Xmas last year and the food was impeccable though I felt the service was lacking warmth and passion. The US ribeye wagyu was done medium rare which we enjoyed very much, together with the sauteed mushrooms and potato puree. The bone marrow flan is also a must order. Skip the handmade truffle pasta that was bland and boring. I would say go only if you have lots of money to splash, otherwise there are steakhouses out there that offer better value for money! (Ie. Skirt at Sentosa cove) For a full review with pictures, do check: out http://weelovefood.blogspot.sg/2014/03/mixed-feelings-about-cut-by-wolfgang.html
wild sautéed mushrooms, US Wagyu Ribeye

More reviews of Cut

6:30 Deal is amazing!

Usually only big day will have this level of steak, but their early dinner deal totally serves one of the best dinning choices. Steak is well cooked. The bread variety and whisky selection are the bonus. Good for a try

Good dining experience

Went there for our anniversary. Had a lot of expectations from the place, and it did not fall short.
Ordered the Alaskan King Crab & Shrimp "Louis" to start with. It was a great amalgamation of different ingredients, which all came together really well.Was very happy with the way the dish tasted.
Next came the Bone Marrow Flsn. This was a dish recommended by them, but I have to say , was not the favourite part of my dinner. The presentation, though, was very nice. Was also very pleasantly surprised with the portion sizes.
For the main course, we ordered the Porterhouse, which came with a number of sauces. Did not have to accompany the steak with any sauce. It was perfectly done, well presented and served.
The service staff are all very attentive, without being over bearing.
All in all, the place does give you the value, it charges for

Simply the best.

We've heard about this place plently of times. We've passed by it many many times, but never went in. We're kinda upset at ourselves for not going earlier.

Simply put, every dish from start to finish was excellent, from the cheeseticks and cheeseballs, bread, tuna tartare (the accompanying has quite a unique kick to it), oysters, steak, and the sides (the peewee potatoes are just to die for).

If you like steak, or just to have a wonderful experience at a restaurant, just go already. You won't regret it.
Overall

Steaks burnt and overly fatty

My partner and I went for a dinner 4 days ago and my overall experience was not good, considering that we paid almost S$400. If I pay this price I’m expecting perfection in front of my eyes and pleasure at the moment to eat.

We both asked for the U.S.D.A. Prime, Illinois Corn Fed, Aged 21 Days Rib Eye Steak 395g for S$105 each. My partner’s meat was well done but was burnt. My meat was medium well and was cooked ok.  However, the steak was around 50% fat and 50% meat.  I tried to separate the fat from the meat and was quite unsuccessful so I left more than half on my plate.  I felt let down so I called the waiter and expressed my disapproval. Although I’ve tried to finish my dish, I wasn’t happy and the waiter came back telling me that the Chef said this type of meat is fatty in general.

Frankly, the response annoyed me, because I’m expecting this range of restaurants chose the best of the best in ingredients.

The waiter did his best and gave us a dessert to make up for it and to be honest was the best of the night the presentation of the dessert was s***, delicious and hit the mark definitely.

As I said we weren’t impressed with the restaurant, we both think that one of the reasons the lights are dimmed is because they don’t want people to see the food. We won’t visit this restaurant again.

Dependable

Cut is a very good restaurant, dependable and consistent high end fine dining. Hearty, buttery (french), strong flavoured ingredients. Fast waiters able to handle the stress; well conditioned service. The restaurant hosts quite a few customers a night so I would think the kitchen/floor operates at a pace that's usually unaccustomed in Singapore (perhaps more common in MBS) but it's well operated. Nothing particularly special about their menu, lots of dependable good dishes with their high-end spin so they're good of course. I would go back again when I want a reliable good fine-dining experience.