Reviews for Canopy Garden Dining & Bar

2.3

AustralianWesternWine

Nice place to hang out

I went to Canopy with my friends on Saturday, their fourth day of reopening. Totally fell in love with the new setting. They did a good job enhancing and creating a nice ambience - the glass windows gave the cafe natural light and allowed us to enjoy the tranquility and lush greenery of Bishan-AMK Park. Parking was also not a problem as there are lots of parking there.

We ordered the eggs benedict ($16) which we found was reasonably priced as compared with most cafes in Singapore which usually charge at least $18 to $20. We were there at noon and even though the cafe was quite busy, our three dishes came in less than 15 mins. The wait staff were friendly and knew their menu well. We'll definitely come back again and try their other dishes.
• 19 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

improvement required

Overall
First impressions nice location friendly staff, ambience very nice. Visited day three of re-opening so still getting re-started. Concerns - when issuing menu please inform customers what is not available, rather than when they are ordering. After order was placed 5+min later I was told my dish had JUST? run out (ravioli). Mind you we are referring to 6.30+pm dinner slot. I went for the lobster spaghetti. It was yuk and not hot. For a $20 mark I would expect a nice, basic dish at minimum. I left more than 3/4 of the dish. Two if my friends had the same dish and left at least half of of their meal. It was less than basic in taste. A bottle of bolognese from the supermarket tastes better than the sauce that was used. My Friend had the beef cheek and that was cold. Sad considering it took forever for our dinner to arrive. Out of fairness their pumpkin soup was very nice, as was the turkey pizza and the crab cakes. Wines were a little over priced, however the Terra Andian 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon was very nice. ($81 a bottle). I'd suggest that is $10-$20 over priced. The strawberry shortcake, whilst nice, tasted about a day+ old. The burnt banana desert was nice for those with a sweet tooth, but generally had too many flavours, banana, chocolate, strawberry and sesame cracker. 3 entrees, 4 mains, 2 deserts and 2 bottles of wine totaled $367, $92 Per person. Would I come back? No. Going home to have peanut butter on toast!
• 16 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Nice place to hang out

• The new Canopy Garden Dining
• 11 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Total disaster after renovation

Overall
een visiting here quiet often before renovation. However, after renovation, became total disaster.

1. Price increased a lot

2. Maybe because number of table increased, it takes way too long for the food to be served. there's serious issue in the kitchen. I ordered coffee with egg b, egg b didn't arive even after I finished my coffee and had to wait 15 minutes more.

3. Price increased, but food quality is same or worse. My egg B had egg york leaking out even before I touched.

4. Seriously, 20 sgd egg b, and u only get 2 egg on a muffine but no side salad at all? Are u kidding me?

5. All in all, maybe they spent a lot on renovation, maybe wanna get the money back as soon as possible... But don't need to be this desparate...