Summary

eggs royale, Beef bourginon, All salads, Blackened salmon, Chilli Crab, Chilli Crab Pasta, Egg Benedict Le grande, Lobster Pomodoro Pasta, Mini burger, Oreo Cheese cake, Pulled Pork sandwich, Sakura chicken, Seafood pasta, Wagyu Beef, pancakes View all
Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Brunch, Breakfast, Chillout, After Work, Birthdays, Children/Family, Quiet, Ala Carte, Dinner, Relaxed, View/Scenery, Anniversary, Night Out, Romance/First Dates View all

Delicious hot cake

A great brunch, full restaurant on a Sunday. Loved the setting in a park, as we could walk around the park after brunch. Food was great, hot cake was the best. Good to see a caucasian on the floor as this place needed a little revamp in service, which seems to be going in the right direction. Again, this is not a place for hipsters...

Most helpful reviews for Canopy Garden Dining & Bar

I understand the situation

Most of the people complain without knowing the reason behind the situation. We all that include me, have eaten at the restaurant for quite sometime and some May just eat drink complain repeat. The first time I was there with my wife, we were like the "others" complain about the service and food but still come again. Then the next day we showed up again. It was Sunday night not that crowded when it fall night time on Sunday. So I decided speak up, I called the waiter who he called himself eden. I spoke to him " hey bro can I ask..why you no standard service?" I asked with a friendly way of speaking. He answered back " I'm sorry about the lame service here, but you have to picture yourself working as a server with limited staff almost..no! Everyday you work.we really been trying our best even there is not enough staff to handle big crowd every single day or night. Example to put a ratio of 5:200 we cannot entertain all of you with only 5 staff. We have our position who work where, like at the bar... bartender and at least one server, as for the outdoor only one server due to limited staff and lastly canopy restaurant a least two server keep on look out for customer who wants to take order. One of the food presenter which what we called the runner, have to make fast pace to send the food in time.sometimes when it get very very busy the runner trying his best effort to present the food even the kitchen staff gone haywire because of him." I and my wife sat there listen to him. After a long talk with mr eden, me and my wife soon start to noticed the server effort. Day by day I soon understand and I am disappointed with the other customer, which the way there treat them. Even they look tired running here and there, giving the service you want. At least give them a smile and thank you. Yeah I know waiter have to be professional when to serving customers. Please just Bear this in mind We are all the same, be fair to one another. keep calm and stop complaining. To be honest the price of the food...OMG!! At least I'm rich b*******. Mai lah! Just kidding lah!!

Go for the ambience!

What I LOVE about it: Right smack in the middle of the lush greenery of Bishan Park I really do not like queuing so the spaciousness of this cafe is definitely a plus point The outdoor seating are pet-friendly! Rather extensive menu What can be improved: Service! The staff are really not the friendliest people around. Food portions are pretty small considering the pricing

Very poor service and bad food

The only thing good about Canopy is the location ! We walked right into the trap seeing the quaint restaurant as we were biking through the Bishan park.

however, that's where the joy ride ended !!

The he quality of the food was quite appalling. The burger we ordered was served cold and uncooked and on informing the manager, he just grilled the bun and served us back the same cold burger again.

we also ordered an eggs Benedict which was also served cold !!

Dont nut recommend to anyone. There's a lovely place called Grub right down the biking track in the park and I highly recommend that you ride a couple of minutes to get there rather than stop at Canopy !

Nice Ambience Ruined by Bad Music Playlist

Everyone here has postively reviewed The Canopy for having nice ambience. That was NOT my experience tonight. I was here with a friend to have some wine and conversation. One would think that a cafe in a park would be as serene as the park. But no. The manager told us that they change to "party" music after 10pm. Truth is, everyone was there for a quiet drink and conversation, not a party. The "party" music they played was rowdy gangsta rap. The repeated strains of "kill the b*tch!" & other choruses of vulgar expletives did exactly that: they killed the b*tch & her name is "Ambience".