Reviews for Canopy Garden Dining & Bar

2.3

AustralianWesternWine

Nice place to hang out

I went to Canopy with my friends on Saturday, their fourth day of reopening. Totally fell in love with the new setting. They did a good job enhancing and creating a nice ambience - the glass windows gave the cafe natural light and allowed us to enjoy the tranquility and lush greenery of Bishan-AMK Park. Parking was also not a problem as there are lots of parking there.

We ordered the eggs benedict ($16) which we found was reasonably priced as compared with most cafes in Singapore which usually charge at least $18 to $20. We were there at noon and even though the cafe was quite busy, our three dishes came in less than 15 mins. The wait staff were friendly and knew their menu well. We'll definitely come back again and try their other dishes.
• 09 May 2015 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Stay away. Just wait at cornerstone.

Overall
The hosts obviously did not want to sit any customers despite there being plenty of empty seats available. Although these seats had reserved signs on them, they were never filled while we were there for dinner. the dishes were very overpriced for their quality. We tasted only black pepper and flour in their crab cakes. The prawns in the bisque were frozen tiny shrimps. These cost 18 and 12 bucks respectively. Pork rack was very ordinary. Service was chaotic and it was hard to get any waiters' attention though there were many of them around. Very disappointing. Should have just waited for a seat at cornerstone.
• 19 Apr 2015 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

improvement required

Overall
First impressions nice location friendly staff, ambience very nice. Visited day three of re-opening so still getting re-started. Concerns - when issuing menu please inform customers what is not available, rather than when they are ordering. After order was placed 5+min later I was told my dish had JUST? run out (ravioli). Mind you we are referring to 6.30+pm dinner slot. I went for the lobster spaghetti. It was yuk and not hot. For a $20 mark I would expect a nice, basic dish at minimum. I left more than 3/4 of the dish. Two if my friends had the same dish and left at least half of of their meal. It was less than basic in taste. A bottle of bolognese from the supermarket tastes better than the sauce that was used. My Friend had the beef cheek and that was cold. Sad considering it took forever for our dinner to arrive. Out of fairness their pumpkin soup was very nice, as was the turkey pizza and the crab cakes. Wines were a little over priced, however the Terra Andian 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon was very nice. ($81 a bottle). I'd suggest that is $10-$20 over priced. The strawberry shortcake, whilst nice, tasted about a day+ old. The burnt banana desert was nice for those with a sweet tooth, but generally had too many flavours, banana, chocolate, strawberry and sesame cracker. 3 entrees, 4 mains, 2 deserts and 2 bottles of wine totaled $367, $92 Per person. Would I come back? No. Going home to have peanut butter on toast!
• 16 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower