Summary

Ambience2

Good food but marred by poor counter service

Tasty, wholesome food.However turned off by the counter staff-always seem to be the same lady serving the counter every time we go there for family meals.No smile,no thank yous ...rather blunt way of speaking with a flat facial expression.worse still,got our orders wrong as well and used gesturing (instead of talking politely) to tell us to bring our trays away to clear the counter.The food is good but given its prices I would expect better service befitting a place calling itself a restaurant.I would say,Macdonalds staff definitely fares better in terms of service.It will not hurt to put on a smile ,lady.The customers do not owe you your living.The dining experience gets affected if you care about things like service.

Most helpful reviews for Cedele (The Rail Mall)

Poor service, "dangerous" cake ;)

Agree that service at this Rail Mall branch is bad. I have flagged this to Cedele's customer service department but they don't seem to be doing anything about it. Avoid the cherry chocolate financier cake too, especially if you have young children. We found several pieces of the hard cherry seed (some quite large) in the cake.

Avocado

the thing about this Cedele outlet is that they have very unfriendly staff and nobody do anything about it. I am also in a service industry and I know the basic of service but not the staff in cedele railmall. They hardly smile and seems grumpy when clearing of used cutlerys and utensils. I personally overheard one of the staff telling the customer rudely to collect their cutleries from the self collection area. Most people who don't patron Cedele would not have known that cutleries are all self collected. Anyway, besides that, I frequent come to Cedele and mostly only order the tofu mushroom nori salad(new name of the dish after they changed their menu) and I will also add additional avocado of 1 dollar. however today when my dish came there was only 2 pathetic slices of avocado and not even brightly green but slight blackish in color. i asked one of their staff if they have reduced their portion because I used to get alot more even at other Cedele outlet. The staff plainly acted dumb and said he will check. then the manager came to me and told me sorry but this is our usual portion. I am so surprised with Her response. I hope Cedele can justify this because this is one upsetting experience. I hope the management of Cedele do something with their staff or maybe have a standardization in all their outlet or at least teach or educate their staff properly in handling customers or the proper usage of service language. It's not easy training good staff but least hire those who aren't rude cause there are many more singaporeans or other citizens who are more willing to work and be employed.

Cost went up but quality went down

I had been a fan of Cedele since it opened in Railmall, years back, regularly bringing my family and friends to have a meal or snack there. I liked their innovative pasta dishes, quiet ambience, great coffee and deserts at reasonable prices.`

But things have changed just over the last year. Prices have gone up and quality has gone down. Sadly the coffee and lattes are changed to small cups and of poor diluted quality. They no longer provide water to drown the spiciness of a meal but patrons are asked to buy their bottled water instead. The quality of their meals have gone down in taste and ingredients. Instead of using Brie for their sandwiches, the have resorted to using the cheaper but less tasty mozzarella.

Sad that it had developed a good name for itself over the years but to destroy that by compromising on their quality. They should instead continue to innovate and draw in the crowds. Very dissapointing indeed.