tanqihui
 • 14 Apr 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Firstly, I saw the offer advertised on Facebook and the offer stated that reservations have to be made in advance. Tried calling several times but they just wouldn't pick up our calls. (My friends took turns to call, and even called on several days.) Stumbled upon a review online that a couple managed to get seats without prior reservation made. Thus, my friends and I agreed to try our luck since they refused to pick up our calls.

Yesterday, 13 April 2014, my friends and I went to the restaurant at approximately 5.30pm. We made the effort to go there early as dinner crowd usually starts after 6pm. The restaurant was 2/3 empty but one of the staff (female) said that reservations were full for the day and asked us if we wish to make reservation for  next Sunday instead. However, the offer ends on 16 April 2014, which thus  defeats the whole purpose of us dining there. She also told us that reservations have to be made a few days in advance. We did try calling them but they just wouldn't pick up any of our calls. Is it our fault that we didn't manage to make a reservation? Utterly disappointed with their service and it made me feel like the offer was just a scam. Total waste of my time and will never visit this place again.

Ravenousmee
 • 12 Mar 2014 41 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Chanced upon the discount price on groupon & I bought the lunch deal for 2 pax. We walked-in (did not made any reservation, tried calling but no one picked up) & we were served with a platter of meats, and some noodles. Portion was okay for 2 of us but we were hopping for more... More at http://ravenousmee.blogspot.sg/

Must tries: Mookata

Children/Family, Dinner, Hidden Find, Large Groups, Supper
  • Ravenousmee x Charocal Thai
  • Ravenousmee x Charocal Thai

Andy SG
 • 23 Feb 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Was there at lunch time today, 23 Feb 2014 and had the mookata (steamboat / BBQ).

Food quality was average, but nothing unique enough to put them ahead of the competition. Prices/portions were reasonable. Ambience was good. When we arrived at around noon, service was a bit slow but it was probably due to them using charcoal instead of gas or electricity, so we can give some understanding and overlook this small problem.

We were mainly served by a waiter, whom we felt was tactless and abrupt, at times as if talking down to others. Realistically, one shouldn't expect the same level of service as that of a classy hotel, and many of us are aware of the current difficulties with staff situation in the F&B industry, etc. Most people would know of - and even accept - eateries where service staff may not smile but just do the basics (take order, serve food, clear table, etc). But what we experienced today was really something else.

We also noticed that we were not the only ones who faced this problem today - there were other parties affected too.

No, we're not going back and would not recommend this place to any of our friends.