Summary

Value4
Ambience4
Soya chicken, Spicy Up chicken, watermelon soju, YangNum Chicken, Andong Chicken Stew, Suicide Chicken, Spicy Up soup noodles, Bulgogi Fries, Yakult Soju, Spicy Yangnyum Up, Mild Up, Pineapple Soju, Peach soju, melon bingsu, Ginseng Chicken Soup, Spicy cheese seafood topokki, Bingsu, Cheese Toppoki Seafood, French fries, Gamjung chicken wings, Kim Chi Fries, Kimchi fries, Leek Chicken, Makguli, Onion bomb, Soya chicken, ugly tang stew, pop corn chicken, Yangpa Bomb, crispy up, jabchae, spicy yangyum, truffle fries View all
After Work, Chillout, Boys Night Out, Birthdays, Ala Carte, Children/Family, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Dinner, Buffet, Anniversary, Girls Night Out, Night Out, Supper, Cheap Eat/Budget, Business Dining, Large Groups/Gathering, Brunch, BBQ, Large Groups, Relaxed, Vibrant/Noisy, Take Away, Lunch, Hidden Find, Breakfast, Business Breakfast, People Watching, Corporate Events, Parties, Delivery View all

oh boy, this is soooooo good

Not a big fan of fried stuff as i grew older. One of my friends just dragged us to this joint. This is not even near to mrt, we had to walk about 5 to 10 min to reach this place but the place was entirely full on wendesday night. Most of us weren't very happy but when we finally got the dishes based on a friendy staff's recommendation, oh boy! This is so yummy! we ended up ordering more dishes.

MUST try: Yangnam chicken, Soy chicken wings, Andong Stew (fairly spicy), Watermelon Soju cocktail.

Quite a number of service staffs too, We didn't have to wait long to get a service staff's attention. There was even a service call botton for impaitient customers!

Definitely go there again with my family.

Most helpful reviews for Chicken Up (Tanjong Pagar)

5 STAR FOR FOOD & SERVICE

Not only the fried chicken was good but we liked the onion bomb. Something unique and also the seafood pancake was tasty. I went there based on online post and have to say this Korean Restaurant is really good. The Manager Haresh and all the service crew did a wonderful job. Service and food is at its best. Double thumbs up.

10/10 :))))

I'm at Chicken Up Tanjong Pagar. Very good food, Spicy Up and Crispy up was very good. Watermelon Soju was a very refreshing cocktail. Pleasant service from everyone. Always smiling and attentive. Special credit goes to the Pretty Korean lady at the door who was super friendly and got us a table and the asst manager Haresh for making it more pleasant and Estellea our review for this place 10/10 !!!

Best korean fried chicken!

I was thinking about where to go for dinner when i remembered my friends telling me about chicken up and how good the food was. So after checking on its location online,i made my way down with my wife. It wasnt that hard to find thanks to its outstanding red and yellow signboard. As i was reading the menu and posters outside the shop, something caught my eye. A chalk board which stated that they had a all you can drink beer buffet for only $25! So for all you alcholics, you guys know where to come! We were greeted by cheerful and pleasant staff when we walked in. It was not very crowded at the time (5.45ish pm) and we were immediately given a seat. Its a rather small but cosy restaurant. After thinking of which to get, I ordered soya chicken (which im totally glad i did), while my wife ordered spicy up. There were many choices of drinks and we ended up ordering demi soda grape. The food was served fast,fresh and piping hot! And boy did it taste great! The chicken skin and meat are equally yummy! Super juicy and tasty! Honestly, the chicken tasted so much better than it looked. The minute i took my first bite, the taste of the soya sauce, chicken marinate and meat filled my tastebuds. 2 thumbs up! They also serve free salad and raddishes which are nice side dishes to accompany the chicken. As it is a korean restaurant, its of no surprise that they have a big tv blasting kpop songs. My wife and i are by no means kpop fans but we got to admit that the catchy tunes will eventually start to grow on you. On my way out after settling the bill, i realised how packed the place was, considering it was a weekday. Thank goodness we came early! Overall, i had a good experience and i definately recommend this place to anyone!

Pleasant visit livened up by chat with owner Luke

16Dec12, Sun - At our last visit to Chicken Up (just one month ago), I received a 'Perx' point (a loyalty card system via handphone app), and also got to spin a lucky wheel to get a $10 voucher (with minimum spending of $50) to spend by 16 Dec.

We wanted to try the other items on the menu, and so gave the popular fried chicken a miss. Lured by the suggestion of tongue-tingling 'fire', we tried the Spicy Suicide Chicken ($25+10% service charge) - small pieces of spiced chicken cooked with sweet and wine-tasting sauce in a hot pan, with diced red and green peppers sprinkled all over. For us, spice-thrill-seekers, we only felt the spiciness after eating the chicken pieces continuously. Not exceptionally hot though. Manageable compared to Thai Express' Yellow Ginger Chicken Rice, and The Cornerstone's Buffalo Wings done to level 6 spiciness.      At the door, we had seen a poster of the Andong Chicken Stew ($33+10% service charge), which new Manager Nina also recommended. It has lots of onions and spring onions, with chicken pieces (their chickens are fresh from Malaysia, not frozen), vermicelli, carrots, potatoes, and some nicely chewy Korean rice cakes. This is rather good, except that especially towards the end, we felt it was too sweet. The affable owner, Luke (whom we got to chat with after our meal), said that for both dishes, the sauces make them sweet.

This time, partly because we already had a little something to eat about two hours earlier, partly because of the overall bigger portion size (we also spent twice as much), and partly because of the sweet side of the dishes, we did not wipe everything clean. Reflecting, W was saying that perhaps we should have replaced one of the dishes with their Suicide Beer (also known as 'Bomb' by Koreans) - a 1litre mix of beer with 4 shots of soju.
       After placing our orders and poring over the menu, I had whispered to W that the menu seemed limited. Apart from their popular Spicy Up fried chicken, and a few other dishes, there seemed to be not much more to try. The chat with Korean owner Luke gave us more reasons to go back for other than fried chicken, however. He pointed out YangNum as one of the dishes his Singaporean customers really like. Luke also mentioned the come-back of Makoli, a rice wine, five years ago in Korea. It seems that with people more health-conscious nowadays, they remembered this wine that used to be drunk in Korea, and which is good for digestion. So now, the to-try agenda for our next visit is set. There are a few more things on the menu, but which we will not try (e.g. pig's blood soup - for religious reasons) or are iffy about (pupa - worms! They are planning to revamp their menu in Jan 2013 by introducing new items and streamlining their existing offerings to focus on several favorites. Which only means more reasons to visit again! Only consideration is the price, which averages $20-$30 per pax, excluding drinks.