Summary

coffee (latte art), Eggs Benedict, Eggs Atlantic, Coffee Cheese Cake, Pasta, Rose Latte, beef meatballs spaghetti, bread, chocolate cake, linguine pesto with chicken, salmon salad, salmon sandwich, spagetti with mushroom and truffle oil View all
Brunch, Breakfast, Chillout, After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Quiet, Hidden Find, Relaxed, Dinner, Lunch, Girls Night Out View all

Go for the latte art

We were craving for something different on a lazy Sunday morning and made the trek far east to Changi Village for brunch at Chock Full Of Beans or CFOB for short.    As the name suggests, CFOB specializes in coffee; a drink which I seldom partake in and have absolutely zero knowledge on save for the fleeting knowledge that it exists. Tucked away in a corner shophouse along Changi Village Road, the place is packed on a late Sunday morning and you can choose to wait in line for a table or leave your contact number (the preferred option).   Omelette With 3 Fillings - We chose salmon, cheese and mushrooms for the fillings and the omelette came served with 2 thick slices of homemade toast and a toss of greens. Ingredients were a little sparse and the egg wasn't creamy enough but at such a price point ($12), I really can't complain.    Eggs Benedict - The Eggs Benedict sported a generous serving of ham but minimally runny yolks on a slice of hard toast and topped with a rather liquid hollandaise sauce. Average.   Buttermilk Waffles With Caramelized Bananas - Burnt at the bottom and a tad too stodgy, the buttermilk waffles were rather bland and came with whipped cream instead of the usual maple syrup. Topped with sweet bananas that could do with a little more grilling for extra caramelization. Average.    Iced Hazelnut Latte - As mentioned earlier, I know nothing about coffee but I did like the hazelnut latte, which was pretty soothing with a hazelnut tinge. But the main draw is definitely the cute 3D art, which is never quite the same even on the same day (ie. blue ribbon vs red ribbon). And at $6.50 a pop, it was worth the money and the wait, considering the effort and skills required.    Brunch set the both of us back by almost 40 bucks, which was relatively reasonable considering the quantity of food (quality was average) and of course the beautiful latte art. I understand that GST has since been incorporated so prices would have gone up a little but I'll probably be back just for the coffee and maybe to try the desserts.    See all my pictures here

Most helpful reviews for Chock Full of Beans

Cute latte art

Full review HERE.

Food is average; service is... not too bad; 3D latte art is really quite cute, but I really don't understand why they go out of their way to dissuade you to get their 3D latte art... (by telling you that it is on request only and will take an average of more than 30 minutes, which is really not true - we were there on a weekend when it was almost full and obviously every table ordered a 3D art drink despite the notion of 'special request only', and we waited maybe 15 minutes at the most for our coffee) - it is one thing for the staff to inform customers during a PARTICULARLY busy period, but to print an average waiting time of more than 30 minutes on the menu is really quite an overkill. I think that's the main and only draw of the place, and without the 3D latte art, I would be hard pressed to find a reason to trek to Changi Village to get to a run of the mill cafe.

Nice and cozy place

Nice and cozy place to hangout. Coffee art are nice but the food are just average. And less varieties to choose.

Nice coffee

Been here once. Hanged out with my friends here. Coffee and hot chocolate are nice with creative art. When they are not that busy, you can request for the drawing that you want. Will visit this place again.

Awesome 3D Latte Art!

Coming to CHOCK FULL OF BEANS has always been on my to do list! Always wanted to try their drinks with 3D Coffee art. Looks so cute on pictures! So I traveled for more than an hour by bus to get there! Disappointed that I can't try their eggs Atlantic because that's only available on Friday. They have different menus on certain days. Coming on a Thursday seems like a bad choice. :( I think i will come back again.

Full Review: http://nickeatfood.blogspot.sg/2015/03/review-chock-full-of-beans.html

A great place for Coffee @ Changi Point

This is a great place for coffee & dessert after a meal at the hawker centre or a walk at the beach. I enjoy being suprised by their Latte and Plate Art each time I visit.