Review for Chock Full of Beans

BeerWestern
Address: #01-2090, 4 Changi Village Road, 500004
15 Jun 2014
Overall

Pastas were surprisingly nice...

Tucked away in a hidden HDB block is Chock Full of Beans, filled with a steady stream of patrons coming and leaving. Tonight the Beau and I drove all the way to its location at Block 4 Changi Village Road #01-2090, Singapore 500004 having heard positive reviews about it from various sources.    Done in warm, cosy earth tones and comfortable wooden tables, Chock Full of Beans exudes inviting vibes to passerbys as well as its current customers. It was not a huge cafe but its open location made for good traffic and is easy to spot.   I had the Linguine Pesto with Chicken (SGD$16.00) - with chicken, pesto, garlic, cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Before I sprinkled on the usual (obscene) amount of Tabasco sauce and chilli flakes, we tasted the pasta in its original form. It was surprisingly tasty despite the deceptively simple ingredients and name. The flavor was strong and came as a punch to me especially, expecting it to be bland or average. The pasta also held up well on its springy (QQ) texture despite the sumptuous (olive oil?) gravy it was draped in.   The Beau selected the Spaghetti and Beef Meatballs (SGD$17.00) - beef meatballs, tomato sauce, parmesan cheese and parsley. This was another palatable dish with a strong tomato-based flavor, bouncy pasta and meatballs that were succulent and chewy.    The Beau waited close to 20 minutes (we were informed of the waiting time) for his Ice Hazelnut Latte (SGD$6.50). The cat / tiger created out of foam was indeed very adorable, making it appear almost cruel to have to slurp it up eventually. The 3-D latte art is only available for selected iced beverages by the way. The hazelnut taste was very strong, its creamy nut flavor hitting us in pangs of deliciousness. After a few sips though, we thought it was a tad overwhelming.   For more detailed information and photos, please feel free to visit:  http://thearcticstar.blogspot.sg/2014/06/dinner-at-chock-full-of-beans-cafe.html

coffee (latte art), linguine pesto with chicken, beef meatballs spaghetti

More reviews of Chock Full of Beans

Nice and cozy place

Nice and cozy place to hangout. Coffee art are nice but the food are just average. And less varieties to choose.

Nice coffee

Been here once. Hanged out with my friends here. Coffee and hot chocolate are nice with creative art. When they are not that busy, you can request for the drawing that you want. Will visit this place again.

Awesome 3D Latte Art!

Coming to CHOCK FULL OF BEANS has always been on my to do list! Always wanted to try their drinks with 3D Coffee art. Looks so cute on pictures! So I traveled for more than an hour by bus to get there! Disappointed that I can't try their eggs Atlantic because that's only available on Friday. They have different menus on certain days. Coming on a Thursday seems like a bad choice. :( I think i will come back again.

Full Review: http://nickeatfood.blogspot.sg/2015/03/review-chock-full-of-beans.html

A great place for Coffee @ Changi Point

This is a great place for coffee & dessert after a meal at the hawker centre or a walk at the beach. I enjoy being suprised by their Latte and Plate Art each time I visit.

Lovely 3D latte art!

We went back on a separate occasion for CFOB's 3D latte art ♥

Gotten a My Melody latte art work on the iced caramel macchiato :)

Our hazelnut latte came with a kitty 3D art. Looks a bit like a 招财猫 :)   The 3D latte art is done mainly on iced coffees because a colder temperature enables the frothed milk (the "foam" that makes the latte artwork) to stay put longer.   Another reason is because iced coffees are usually served with straws. Hence, we get to drink the coffee from the bottom of the cup instead of consuming a whole lot of frothed milk at the top if we were to drink directly from the cup.   More photos and the previous visit here: http://oyhz.blogspot.sg/2013/06/chock-full-of-beans.html