Chong Qing Grilled Fish (Liang Seah Street)

Summary

Service3
Grilled fish (seabass) - Xiang La, and obviously the grilled fish which is to die for!!!!, Dao Xi Pork rib with glutinous rice Hot plate - lamb Duck, Fried Golden Mushrooms, La zi ji, Ma La, Seaweed, Cucumber & Beancurd Skin, Suan Chai, kou shui ji View all
Dinner, Vibrant/Noisy, After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Supper View all

people found this review useful

Most helpful reviews for Chong Qing Grilled Fish (Liang Seah Street)

One of my favourite places

Chongqing Grilled Fish on Liang Seah St is one of my favourite places. Usually I will order the seabass with spicy fragrant sauce, but this time I had the 'mouthwatering chicken' (the cold chicken in the chili oil etc) and a spinach with salted egg and century egg dish I hadn't tried before. Its good, although I still like the chicken and the signature fish dish best. It's late afternoon so only a few people here and I like that too. A tip for newcomers: the sauce/soup for the fish is different each time and the spiciness varies. Try the spicy fragrant version first time through.

hot and spicy!

This is an adapted review from my blog. Full review and more photos are available at this link:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The interior is not too spacious, with seats arranged close to each other and conversations within earshot. Coupled with the fact that the grilled fish was served piping hot (no, really...), we felt like a steaming can of sardines, with the aroma of grilled fish to go with.

We chose Pickled Cabbage hotpot. My companions may be panting like dogs after less than a few scoops but I have to say that I enjoyed the way the pickled vegetable mix with the spicy gravy swirling in the metal pot. True to its Szechuanese root, the tingling numbness of my tongue was unmistakable, the sensation mixed with the irresistible picker taste.

Chong Qing Grilled Fish is truly worthy of the constant queue. I had only tried this one spicy taste and if I have a chance, I would love to try another one of their taste, maybe challenging myself to another level of spiciness if I dare.

Fake promotion

I think the management should not run the current promotion if not sincere about it rather than cheating the public. It seems that everyone is receiving a useless paper fan including myself. The food is so so only. I'll never allow myself to get cheated again by this restaurant.

Thrilling! Will visit again :)

The signature grilled fish was awesome and leaves you wanting more despite how extremely spicy it was (although we chose "mild" spiciness). The sides, especially the fried golden mushrooms were very tasty and served as a great complement to the red hot main dish.

Read full review here:

Suitable for those who likes SPICY food!

Tried this for the very 1st time and for those who loves spicy food and seeking for something different, you can pay this place a visit.

I love spicy food so i guess my review for this food joint will be a lil bias. Me and my friends ordered a grilled fish and we chose the spiciest of all. A plate of fried enoki mushroom and a plate of cubed chicken with lots of dried chilli. (sorry but i forgotten the name of the dishes as I am not the one ordering)

Overall, i think the food is nice but costly. Go with a group of friends in order to try more variety of their food.