Summary

Value3
Braised Goose Meat, Sweet Yam Paste with Pumpkin & Ginko Nut, Teochew Style Steam Pomfret Fish, braised conpoy vegatables, Sugar Coated Deep Fried Yam Sticks, Assorted appetiser dish, Cold Crabs, Liver Rolls, Pu Ning Chicken, Steamed Threadfin Tail, Teochew Fried Kway Teow, teochew oyster omelette View all
Dinner, Children/Family, Lunch, Large Groups/Gathering, Business Dining, Large Groups, After Work, Birthdays, Vibrant/Noisy View all

Nice Teochew Dishes with Great Service

Read my full review with more pictures

A nice Teochew Chinese Restaurant by Jumbo Seafood Group. Situated at 170 year-old Chui Huay Lim Club on Keng Lee Road. They also take online reservations. So do make your reservation early as they are often fully booked. The dishes are delicious and quite authentic. Although there are a few misses, overall still a great place. We have tried the following:
- Teochew Pig Trotter Jelly (S$10)
- Teochew Braised Goose (S$26)
- Oyster Omelette (S$18)
- Braised Conpoy Vegetables Medium (S$44)
- Teochew Seafood Mee Sua (S$20)
- Yam Paste with Pumpkin (S$4.50)
- Tao Suan with Ginko Nut (S$4.50)

Most helpful reviews for Chui Huay Lim Teochew Cuisine

Decent Teochew Cuisine and super popular - need to call in advance for table.

One of the famous restaurants for Teochew cuisine - a few hits and misses with their dishes. Service impeccable and super delicious cold crabs. Read full review at gastronomy.sg!

Good food, but I'm afraid the content of MSG in the food might be on the high side ? I used to frequent the restaurant quite a bit in 2014/2015, and I didn't feel that bad regarding the MSG effect.

Awful..........

The food I had today with my family in Chui Huay Lim was really disappointing. Braised goose was a flop, Ngor Hiong was not tasty, salted egg prawn was not crispy, crab with tofu was supposed to be their signature but it was tasteless, spinach with 3 eggs tasted really horrible. This dish should be cooked with superior soup stock and not some starch water.

I was intending to have our Chinese New Year reunion dinner here as I remembered the food was nice the first time I visited sometime ago. However, I wouldn't even consider dining here again.

authentic teochew fare

Craving for some good teochew food? This place serves delightable traditional teochew cruisine which will make anyone want more. I personally liked their minced meat in cai po. Read more of my review --> http://shauneeie.blogspot.sg/2014/09/chui-huay-lim-authentic-teochew.html