Coccogelo has closed.

Address: 89 East Coast Road, 428790
03 Jul 2011

Nice !!!

Very nice gelato ~ pistachio & peanut butter

Defintely coming back for more :)

$4.8 for 1 pax

More reviews of Coccogelo

CLOSED!

[CLOSED] coccogelo has ceased operations.

Quality gelato

My friends and I tried out Coccogelo after dinner at Two Fat Men last night. We went there a little later, around 9pm, near closing time. Once we walked in the door, the male owner (I think) immediately said to us: "Want some ice-cream? Hurry up, we're closing soon."I mean seriously? We're your customers, even if you're closing soon, that shouldn't be the first thing you say to your customers right? He should be enrolled in the nearest charm school seriously.And when they were closing the shop later, the staff didn't even give us any warning. We were enjoying our gelato when they just suddenly turn off the lights to signal that we should scram. That was just plain rude. At least give your customers some notice when you're cutting off your shop's power supply! After all we're spending clients right??

---Anyway ok enough ranting. Back to the gelato - We ordered 2 piccolo gelato ($3.80 each) -the green tea & chocolate, and banana & tim-tam.

I really loved the green tea & chocolate gelato, because the taste of green tea was so omfg rich and the chocolate complemented the slight bitterness of the green tea. While the gelato itself was really smooth and creamy, the chunks of chocolate really added texture to the whole dessert. Super yummy! A must try! (:

My friend ordered the banana and tim-tam flavour. Not a great fan of bananas, but even so, I thought that the gelato was really light and refreshing. Once again, the taste banana was really rich, but not over-powering. Just felt that the taste of the tim-tam was slightly over-powered by the banana. It didn't fit as well as the green tea-chocolate combi.

We also tried the pistachio gelato at the counter - didn't really find it that special. Maybe it's just us...

Didn't manage to get pictures though. Hehe. We were too excited about eating the ice-cream ;).

Overall, I must say that their gelato are really value for money, when you compare the prices to those like Il Gelato di Bruno's at CityLink. Will return if I'm in the area again, but I will definitely go hours before closing time.
Overall

love the pistachio gelato here

Agree, Pistachio ice-cream here is the best I have had in Singapore so far...And the interior is nice too for a relaxing afternoon in the east.See http://sofood.wordpress.com/2011/03/01/coccogelo/ for more pics!
Overall

Pistachio ice cream is a must try!

Pistachio ice cream is a must try! It's definitely worth the price, which is quite cheap in the first place.