Review for Coffee Stars by Dao (Wisma Atria)

3.5

AmericanAsianDessertsIndochineseThaiWestern
Address: #01-37 to 41, Wisma Atria Shopping Centre, 435 Orchard Road, 238877
16 Aug 2012
Overall

people found this review useful Was it useful to you?Yes

More reviews of Coffee Stars by Dao

Overall

Great Place to Chill & Catch-Up!!

For full review with photos, pls visit http://musings-of-a-rabbit.blogspot.sg/2013/11/coffee-stars-by-dao-wisma-atria.html

Located conveniently in the midst of retail shops of Wisma Atria. Coffee Stars offer fusion food (Thai + Western) that is soothing to your palete.

The Tom Yum Soup and Durain Cake is a MUST Try!!

Overall

10% service charge for what???

Think twice before entering this place deciding whether you are coming for the food only, or if you expect a full package from a place with this pricing.
1. Waiting time for the food- bad! 10 min after ordering I was told they did not have my dish. 3 kids ordering the same, and one had to wait 20 extra min to get hers. I got mine 30 min after ordering the second time, "enjoying" my meal alone as everyone else had finished long ago....
2. Even though we were sitting next to the counter, no one ever asked how the food was, or if we wanted to order anything more. The staff simply never made any attempt getting eye contact with any of us.
3. Still no contact, we tried to ask for the bill, and in a sec it was on the table, still with no eye contact! Leaving with the credit card, we had to wait for another 10-15 min before asking to get it back because we needed to leave. No help they charged us with the wrong amount of money.
4. Sorting out their own mess with the bill, no excuses for the delay of food, messing up the bill, or not even saying thank you for being their customer.
The evening we were there were not too busy and they had enough staff. So no excuses! Just bad service from the staff! The food was good when it eventually come, but not so good that I would ignore the service. Singapore has so much good food to offer
Overall

A great place for high tea!

For full reviews with photos, visit http://the-food-hold.blogspot.sg/2013/08/coffee-stars-by-dao.html

A very well decorated and posh place, perfect for a afternoon high tea after a day of shopping!

Food wise, I would especially recommend the Lobster Squid Ink Pasta, Grilled Pork and Sticky Rice, Fried Prawn rolls (not v sure bout its name), and not to forget Coconut Pandan Swiss Roll for dessert! These are the food that I would always order whenever I'm there!

Have since recommended a lot of friends there and they all loved it! :D

Mmmm not sure.

The ambience of the place is nice with the tiffany blue seats. Thats hardly seen for a thai restaurant in Singapore. However that is the only good thing about it. The food was over priced and it tasted average. I had the fillet salad and its about $20. It has only one type of veggie with tomatoes and its not filling.

Maybe I shall give myself another chance again to eat other choices of food they have.
Overall

Absolutely diasppointing mille crepe cake that I came all the way here for :(

For pictures and reviews, pls visit:

I wanted to try Mille Crepe cake and I found that Coffee Stars by Dao serves it. Coffee Stars by Dao at Wisma Atria, is a popular coffee chain from Thailand. The menu boasts a wide variety of Thai and Western Dishes.

There was nothing fantastic about the food, but the Mille Crepe Cake was a total let down. The Thai waitress who served us was attentive but she did not have a good grasp of English, making it difficult for us to convey requests. For example I wanted to reserve the Mille Crepe cake in case it ran out when I finished my dinner, she misunderstood and served the cake before the mains arrived. >_<

We had:

Aromatic grilled pork and sticky rice. Well marinated and tasty pork.

Tom yum sea bass clear.

Stir fried glass noodles in spicy soy bean paste. This was not nice.

Black olives and chicken fried rice.

Vanilla Mille crepe cake with raspberry sauce. From the pictures I view from the internet, Mille Crepe cake usually have about 25 or more layers. But Coffee Stars by Dao only has 7 layers…and too much cream.